PDA

View Full Version : AT Lodge in Millinocket

Jeff
09-08-2007, 15:37
Anyone know how things are going for Ole Man and Navi? Being new owners of the Lodge and Cafe I imagine it has been hard work.

Phreak
09-08-2007, 16:04
I stayed there on June 25th and it seemed to be going well.

Footslogger
09-08-2007, 18:36
We just stayed there in August after our section hike from Rangeley to Monson. Shot up to Millinocket and stopped into the AT Cafe. Navigator said that they had room and that's all we needed to hear. Stayed 2 nights. They still have some work to do in terms of fixing the place up but the hospitality is fantastic. Nice that they own the Cafe too. Right down the street and open EARLY in the morning for those interested in eating some breakfast and still getting out to Baxter to summit Katahdin.

'Slogger

angewrite
09-09-2007, 00:11
I was there a week ago and all was good

mweinstone
09-09-2007, 04:42
hi. my name is matthewski. im attempting to post on the seven highest posts on whiteblaze. its called the seven posts project.

Marta
09-09-2007, 07:16
hi. my name is matthewski. im attempting to post on the seven highest posts on whiteblaze. its called the seven posts project.

Honey, you need to get out more.:rolleyes:

So do I, for that matter. Off to Crowders Mtn. SP I go.

Marta/Five-Leaf

Cuffs
09-09-2007, 10:29

So You'll hijack several threads and post irrelevant crap just to be seen? Thanks, but I think youve ruined more than a few others searches for legitimate information, Im sure they appreciate that...

(my apologies for not staying with the orignal topic!)

DavidNH
09-09-2007, 12:23
Anyone know how things are going for Ole Man and Navi? Being new owners of the Lodge and Cafe I imagine it has been hard work.

I'd say they have a good thing going! I stayed at the AT lodge on two occassions this summer when I hiked up in Baxter. They (Paula and Jaime) have really turned the cafe around and made it the place for hikers to eat. Both the locals and the hikers seem to love eating at the cafe!

The hostel (25-35 per night depending on shared or private) is comfy. Hasn't been full yet when I was there but being at the end of the trail so to speak and fairly new that is not unexpected. It certainly is the most reasonably priced place to stay in town and is in walking distance of the cafe.

I highly reccommend the place!

David

PS..I even met Baltimore there! Met him on trail in Me Last year. He is back to solo the Allagash!!

naturejunkie
09-09-2007, 12:34
I was there June 1st-ish, they seemed to be doing well. Nice people, I also recommend their place.

TJ aka Teej
09-09-2007, 13:23
Sit at the hand-crafted AT counter, and be sure to check out the hiker door! :D

Just a Hiker
09-09-2007, 13:32
Hey all. I met Jamie and Paul last year in Georgia,and I was excited when they said they had bought the AT Lodge. I stayed there in June, and they have done everything they said they were going to do. But more importantly, they gave the AT Cafe back to the hiking community; and they did so while still showing respect to the local Millinocket regulars. I will say this however, I will miss drinking coffee with Don Cogswell and shooting the bull all afternoon. Take Care,

Just Jim

WalkingStick75
09-09-2007, 22:22
I stayed there after I finished my hike August 14. I think they are donig good. I really enjoyed my stay very nice people.

Fly By Mike
09-11-2007, 09:40
I'm a regular for breakfast at the AT Cafe and its great to see what Paul and Jaimie are doing there. Last Sunday the place was jumpin' from ealry morning till lunchtime. I'd say they have at least doubled if not tripled the number of breakfasts served and I ditto what Just a Hiker said. In a short time they have made a huge contribution to bringing the local Millinocket community and the hiking community into close contact and more mutual respect. And made a huge difference to the feel and look of the place. Great to see. Its a great town and they are a great addition.