PDA

View Full Version : RRG Hangout

Doctari
09-09-2007, 07:20
Over at teh hammock forums we are planning a hangout at the Red River Gorge this fall. Hammock Engineer & I found a nice place not far from Gray’s Arch. It’s also not far from many side trails, rock houses, arches & views. Only about 3/4 miles from the trailhead on an easy grade. This area is not generally used as a campsite, although there is a small used area sort of attached / nearby. The area in question is at the X on the map*.
Later, My work partner & I found a place some use to camp & rappel (off a cliff nearby) Marked by an O on the map*.
I will admit that there is no nearby H2O at either place, but it would be easy to carry in extra water. There should be enough room for 20 to 50 hangers, as there are a lot of 4” to 8” trees and there is room (flat spots) for quite a few tent campers.

The date is: November 23, 24, 25.
Cookout Sat the 24th, I’ll bring:
Hotdogs & buns.
At least one 10’ X 10’ picnic shelter.
3 gallons of H2O (I have a heavy duty wagon)

*There is a nice map of the area on the hammock forums site, I can't seem to post it here.

Pennsylvania Rose
09-09-2007, 09:19
One of these days I'm going to get to meet some of you all. Unfortunately that's Thanksgiving weekend and I'll be out of town.

Doctari
09-11-2007, 08:17
One of these days I'm going to get to meet some of you all. Unfortunately that's Thanksgiving weekend and I'll be out of town.

Yea, I know! :eek:

Um, I is senile :rolleyes: At wB this has been pointed out to me several times & yet I forgot to change it on my calander.

The actual agreed on date is supposed to have been 11/ 16 - 17 - 18 / 07

Sorry all!!!

Doctari
10-10-2007, 05:08
Just a reminder:

The hangout at RRG is still on for 11/ 16 - 17 - 18 / 07. The actual location is a bit further in (longer hike) but at a GREAT campsite. For more details go to http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1311 There is a map & everything :D

Yes, there are ample places to set up several tents as well as places to hang.

So far, I can't go now, but will be there in spirit.

Doctari.