PDA

View Full Version : Escape From Philly/No Quarter to the Iggles. Rambles. Rants. Wititudes

Johnny Thunder
09-10-2007, 16:13
Male hiker(s) in search of South Bounders in low spirits. Must be contained in the geographical swatch between Bear Mt Bridge and Harpers Ferry and heading souf'. Should be carrying stuff of a thingly nature and willing to hike a day or two at a weekender's extended pace. Proximity to known waypoints such as Harriman, Vernon, Unionville, High Point, Del Water Gap, Wind Gap, Port Clinton, Das Doyal, etc to be given strong consideration.

Leaving Friday (post work) and returning Sunday in time for whatever.

Matthewski may (read: will) come. All others are invited. Post or PM. Carrier Pidgeons to Manayunk General Winged Vermin Dispatch Office Care of my teamster landlord.

Please respond with alacrity.

Johnny

Mother's Finest
09-10-2007, 16:41
Male hiker(s) in search of South Bounders in low spirits. Must be contained in the geographical swatch between Bear Mt Bridge and Harpers Ferry and heading souf'. Should be carrying stuff of a thingly nature and willing to hike a day or two at a weekender's extended pace. Proximity to known waypoints such as Harriman, Vernon, Unionville, High Point, Del Water Gap, Wind Gap, Port Clinton, Das Doyal, etc to be given strong consideration.

Leaving Friday (post work) and returning Sunday in time for whatever.

Matthewski may (read: will) come. All others are invited. Post or PM. Carrier Pidgeons to Manayunk General Winged Vermin Dispatch Office Care of my teamster landlord.

Please respond with alacrity.

Johnny

Wow man, sounds like fun......

sure I understand, they lose one game and you guys are out of here for the next weekend....

as always the store owns me. Until I no longer own it. (which may happen inside of five years, I am working on my wife to allow me to become an itinernant author and/or landlord)

peace
mf

Johnny Thunder
09-10-2007, 17:00
Wow man, sounds like fun......

sure I understand, they lose one game and you guys are out of here for the next weekend....

peace
mf

Know that I bleed blue.

But, then again...

"No one makes me bleed my own blood"

Johnny

Mother's Finest
09-10-2007, 17:13
OK Nelson

last night must have hurt a bit then.....especially with T.O. hitting you guys up for two TD's.

peace
mf

Johnny Thunder
09-10-2007, 17:21
Not as painful as having to watch an arthritic beta-blocker-advertising QB do the salt and pepper bat-tu-se all over the Iggles. Actually, I enjoyed that.

When he's healthy and happy TO is a force. Let's see what happens when he hits Murda'City.

Johnny

Mother's Finest
09-10-2007, 17:31
he will probably crush us for at least three td's

we suck.

only been here seven years and I have adopted the "winning" philadelphia attitude

peace
mf

mweinstone
09-10-2007, 19:37
stupid new colory thread backround,.....im upset about renee(dino),....stupid stolen signal comming in clear during the simpsons,........inauable grumblings,......stupid jonnhey thunder and the thundercat and stonewall going out to the trail in my neck of the woods doing my kind of hotdog trailmagic when im not sure if im going or not.,.......stupid bobcat dangeling a ride to monson maine and the hiker feed and a chance to see jack and sistah,.....grumbles louder,....stupid bobcat adding to the enticement, picking up white crow wednesday and takeing him too,......face turnes beet red, blood pressure at 500,......stupid nobody offering me a ride to bobcat who will meet me anywhere in vermont on wed.,.......punches 20 below sleeping bag with no effect,......stupid trail addiction and unexsplainable reverse springer feaver...(wanting to go to maine),......punches 20 below sleeping bag twice, no feathers come out, nice stiching,.......stupid loaded pack of the highest order stareing at me from its perch approximatly 12 inches from my toes while i sleep, since birth.....stupid marsha starlyte not returning my call telling me shes going too, witch would up the anty and then i would just take the 10 hour devil ridden train to bobcat....wonders how such a sleeping bag could be hurt,........stupid crispy hundred dollar bills uselessly tucked in behind my packpad and bag waiting for just such an opportunity to eat bacon at such lattitudes as maine offers the high altitude bacon lover.

Panzer1
09-10-2007, 20:10
Yes, the new color does take some getting used to.

Pack ready to go but have to perform stupid family function this weekend.

Panzer

mweinstone
09-10-2007, 20:40
ive invited jesters answering machine to come as well. a wildly circulating wild rumor is circulating that jester turned himself into the authoritys for a crime he commited years ago involving the removal of pillow fill contents tags while he was not the consumer. it was on his concience and he needs to get clear.

Johnny Thunder
09-10-2007, 20:41
Jester's not in jail...he's posting 'bout cheese.

mweinstone
09-11-2007, 14:28
i may have to hike with you loosers if i cant go to maine with the real hikers. this sucks.

Heater
09-11-2007, 16:02
Know that I bleed blue.

But, then again...

"No one makes me bleed my own blood"

Johnny

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS! :D

Johnny Thunder
09-13-2007, 10:42
i may have to hike with you loosers if i cant go to maine with the real hikers. this sucks.

Ask and ye shall receive.

So, it looks like we're on for launch this weekend. Meeting at the Doyle Friday night (interim logistics to be managed by those responsible) with Saturday AM foot-bound departure imminent.

A few options are available to those looking for escape...

First and foremost is a 33.4 SoBo ridge-crawl from Green Point into Clark's Ferry and on to the Dunc. St Anthony's wilderness will be visited and I believe we will also reach the terminus of the Horsehoe trail. The hike can be cut short to a 17.8 jaunt by accessing PA 325. But who'd want to do that? Miles, Matt, my poor skinny legs need miles. Again and again have I bested this fabled "Manayunk Wall." Child's play. Plus, I hear the new Peter's Mountain shelter is nice. Shelters suck!

Next is a 25.7 mile hike from Boiling Springs NOBO to Das Doyle. Highlights include a relatively flat 10 miles leading to Conodoguinet Farm work camp featuring a barn, wiffle ball (maybe), and a possible visit from Iditarod. Those who follow the Blaze closely will remember this as the place where Matthewski thought he almost died. Ribbing and laughs had by all. I'll bring cookies. We will then continue Norf past a rusted out Jeep that every thru seems to have a picture of and up to a scenic lookout and bench umatched. Then on to the Doyle for Sunday dinner or something.

I had silently promised myself that I'd limit my Norf-bound walking until next year. And, with the exception of our (Me, Mathewski, Panzer) mishap in Vernon I can say that I've actually backtracked every Northward step. But that's neither here nor there.

But, then I guess it's up to the group as it assembles Friday. (I say "miles" he hears "magic".)

I love you, Mary.

Johnny

Panzer1
09-13-2007, 11:36
What are "Iggles. Rambles. Rants. Wititudes"?

Panzer

Sly
09-13-2007, 16:08
Good luck finding them. Why would Sobo's be in low spirits?

Lone Wolf
09-13-2007, 16:10
Why would Sobo's be in low spirits?

yeah really? i had a better time SOBOing than i did NOBOing

trailangelmary
09-14-2007, 02:13
Hey Guys,
Sorry I couldn't return your calls. I'll explain when I see you. Please see/call me when you get here. Yes I can shuttle.
Southbounders are here, btw.
Love you both,
Mary

mweinstone
09-14-2007, 07:59
okay. im at stonewalls house somewhere outside philly in some fork in the road called carversville. in my heart i dont belive stonewall can get the truck fixed in time to reach maine in any condition to party.(i poured oil in the tranny fluid place last eve just as we were loaded to leave.) and he needs to resupply . oh, and drive ten plus hours to monson. i belive the actual drive time would be 12 hours min. so if he gets out of the bathroom and in his car and goes to jiffy lube(witch he has to locate), and waits his turn and gets his flush job and goes to market,...then we could leave. that should be around noon by my calc. by that time we will be looking at a midnight arrival at the earlyest. i personally would feel better if stonewall would give in to johnny thunders doyal hike. its what i want to do and its where i want to be. after 4 days and nights on the launch pad and many carrots dangled,.. im so so much more into the locals and their doyaly hikeypoo. but i am fully commited to going to maine and will only protest if we cant leave afore noon

Lone Wolf
09-14-2007, 08:02
stay local. go hiking. hiker feeds are a dime a dozen. save your time and $$ for the Gathering.

camojack
09-14-2007, 08:06
okay. im at stonewalls house somewhere outside philly in some fork in the road called carversville. in my heart i dont belive stonewall can get the truck fixed in time to reach maine in any condition to party.(i poured oil in the tranny fluid place last eve just as we were loaded to leave.) and he needs to resupply . oh, and drive ten plus hours to monson. i belive the actual drive time would be 12 hours min. so if he gets out of the bathroom and in his car and goes to jiffy lube(witch he has to locate), and waits his turn and gets his flush job and goes to market,...then we could leave. that should be around noon by my calc. by that time we will be looking at a midnight arrival at the earlyest. i personally would feel better if stonewall would give in to johnny thunders doyal hike. its what i want to do and its where i want to be. after 4 days and nights on the launch pad and many carrots dangled,.. im so so much more into the locals and their doyaly hikeypoo. but i am fully commited to going to maine and will only protest if we cant leave afore noon
Come help me with my yacht today...and I'll gladly provide transportation to Duncannon. :banana

mweinstone
09-14-2007, 08:34
nice try cammo. yeah, im gonna work now. duh! i just took off two and a half days based on bobcat was comming to get me wed. do you have any idea what i make? thats about 500 bucks im into this dealy allready. no cammo, i wont work with you today as fun as that can be on other days. sitting in your casa de cammo yard would be peacefull though. compared to being responsible for fuching up stonewalls truck and all. who lets an ass like me touch their truck let alone put fluids in? panzer? no. lone wolf? no. everyone should know by now im not smart nor am i a driver . and im even very reckless. duh! thats what you all like about me. so dont be lettin me around your fancy cars. gabbish? and another thing. all i want is to hang out here in this beautifull wooded area on this great computer in this comfy seat while stonewall fixes the truck and then go to the doyal. if i could somehow end up at the doyal in my beloved room 23 and then take off in the morn with stonewall and thunder j,....on a cool hike, and come back sunday and eat doyalfood,..well,...id be happy. but the dynamics of group dynamics dont allow me freedom to choose. you see, stonewall has his heart set on maine at any hour. whils im laying in wait to pounce on his dream and crush it. waiting like a ,,hopefull waiter or something. with a twist of evil. if fourtune should shine on me and make the jiffy lube crowded or something. just delay long enough so i can turn to stonewall and go," dude,...its two oclok, we cant make maine, lets go meet jonnhy."

trailangelmary
09-14-2007, 09:22
I was so looking forward to seeing you again. :( I just got a private message froim Johnny Thunder saying you were going to Monson. Although I wish you safety on your trip to Monson. I hope you both change your mind. Southbounders in and around Duncannon all week so far. :sun
I would love to update you on my life. My career has changed from bartending and cooking at the Riviera to Avon full time. :)
God bless you and keep you safe.

Johnny Thunder
09-14-2007, 09:24
I was so looking forward to seeing you again. :( I just got a private message froim Johnny Thunder saying you were going to Monson. Although I wish you safety on your trip to Monson. I hope you both change your mind. Southbounders in and around Duncannon all week so far. :sun
I would love to update you on my life. My career has changed from bartending and cooking at the Riviera to Avon full time. :)
God bless you and keep you safe.

100% of board-certified Trail Angels agree:

MATTHEWSKI SHOULD BAG MONSON AND COME TO DUNCANNON.

That is all.

Johnny

trailangelmary
09-14-2007, 09:30
Sue Grace at the Doyle Saturday.

Breakfast Sunday morning at Mary's House.

Duncannon rocks.

And is calling your name, Matty!
:welcome

Panzer1
09-20-2007, 20:45
Sorry Johnny, I'm hijacking you thread to as a question.

I doing a 3 day hike starting about 20 trail mikes south of Duncannon PA starting tomorrow and ending up in Duncannon on Sunday.

Question is:
does anyone know what the water situation is in that area. Will I find water???

Panzer
(escaping from Philadelphia tomorrow morning)

mweinstone
09-20-2007, 20:53
this is johnny. im at mats. no water. bag trip. ham danger! ginko baloba all one god faith . wash brush and deoderant! rabbi hillel taught baby jesus soapmaking. all one almond!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXzuu5XHxds watch mary hike!

Panzer1
09-20-2007, 21:00
Need water info quick. getting thirsty.

Panzer

mweinstone
09-20-2007, 21:47
water in pa is generally far down and slight of trickle. as a leading exspert in the feild of old outdated information/car repair,....this is my advise. squeeze your two ham steaks and drink the juices. then head for the doyal to quench your now preservative laden parchisity.

Johnny Thunder
09-21-2007, 09:16
The 10 miles north from Boiling springs should be fine. Between Boiling Springs (25 ish miles) you'll be in Cumberland Valley and water rich. Should be a nice Pond at around 6 to 8 miles North of Boiling Springs. This information was hearsay from Iditarod. The stealth camping is tough in the farm areas as I've heard the trail/town relationship is tenuous. At 10 miles North from Boiling Springs is the something-something-something Work Camp. Big white barn with a water pump. If that pump's dry there are a few houses and a country club up the street. ALso, you're following a river for the next few miles so you should have water. You'll be next to that river for about 4 miles North of the work camp until you start up the ridge into Duncannon. There were 2 flowing streams on the lower side of the climb as we passed through in July. After that, I'm not sure. Grab a Sobo thru and make them tell you what the water situation is. Use water torture. Or peperoni torture. Whatever works for you.

Johnny

rafe
09-21-2007, 09:41
There is a water spigot on the side of the house at Scott's Farm. IIRC, about four or five miles south of Darlington Shelter and ten miles north of Boiling Springs. Plus, the trail runs along a good size stream for a couple miles above and below Scott's Farm.

Johnny Thunder
09-21-2007, 09:59
Yeah, what he said. The something-something-something work farm has a pump. Then there's a stream.

Torture southbounders for more information.

Johnny

trailangelmary
09-21-2007, 11:47
Panzer is here. I'm taking him south. He is talking to some southbounders now about water. Will be pating directly.
Happy trails to all.

Panzer1
09-23-2007, 18:45
there is so little water in that area that just south of Duncannon it looks like you could walk across the Susquehanna river by stepping from rock to rock.

Panzer

Panzer1
09-23-2007, 19:58
I met this guy on the trail at the Darlington shelter just south of Duncannon PA, Murphy is his name, he's a southbounder, he was doing 3 or 4 times more miles in a day that I could, he has no legs. He's in Boiling Springs tonight at the free campground just south of town. Amazing. He's on Trail Journals.com.

Panzer

Panzer1
09-24-2007, 11:22
Also,

I found a working and fully charged cell phone at the Cove Mountain shelter on Saturday 9/22/2007.

If anyone knows who it belongs to let me know and I will send it on to them.

Panzer

Johnny Thunder
09-24-2007, 11:40
Just call "mom", "dad", or "home". That usually sorts things out.

Glad you had a good time. Booo low water!

Johnny

Panzer1
09-24-2007, 12:22
Just last week I received a "scam" call telling me someone found my cell phone on the beach and was to call a certain number to get it back. I think it was one of those overseas numbers where they try to keep you on the line and charge you by the minute. That's why I am reluctant to call any numbers on the phone.

I walk past the Verizon sales office in center city Phila twice every day and may just drop it off there since it is a verizon phone.

Panzer

Johnny Thunder
09-24-2007, 12:42
Yeah, that's not what i mean...use the phone to call mom, dad, gramps, scout master bill, etc.

They'll pick up and then you can explain the situation and ask for an address to mail it.

Dropping it off at Verizon may work...never thought of that.

Panzer1
09-27-2007, 00:34
I brought that cell phone I found at the cove Mountain shelter to the Verizon store and they said they would look up the owners name mail it back to them at no cost.

Before turning it in I did check some of the phone numbers that were recently called. Most of the numbers were unknown, but one 800 number turned out to be Greyhound. The first number I checked, I recognized the last name. It was the same as a guy from Florida that I met at the Darlington shelter. Apparently he used the phone to call a relative in Florida. I think that a lot of the southbounders had been using the phone to make calls. I was starting to think that maybe someone left it at the shelter as trail magic because the charger was also there. I can understand someone forgetting their phone but not both the phone and the charger.

Panzer

mweinstone
09-27-2007, 02:03
i know from a hiker, the phone was fished out ofa privy and supposidly had a sign on it saying so.

Panzer1
09-27-2007, 23:22
Just today I got a new MSR Miniworks water filter. (15.3 ounces)

This will replace my old Pur Scout (16.5 ounces) that wasn't working properly. I had to open it and prime it with water to get it to work.

So in the last 3 weeks I got a new Black Diamond Lighthouse tent (3 pounds 3 ounces) and this new filter.

Panzer

mweinstone
09-28-2007, 07:23
do water filters suck,or what?

mweinstone
09-28-2007, 07:25
get a haircut hippy. save ounces.

mweinstone
09-28-2007, 07:35
johnny thunder has threatened the very bain of my existence with this superthread. my bain is actually hurting. i may need a bain transplant. im out looking for bain doners now. its his youthfull cheeryness i hate. and his dreamy blue eyes and eyelashes that girls would kill for. im glad i dont have girl eyelashes. ha ha ha . girlylash! and its his blue car with its superspeeds and cool name of the thundercat. his near mattheskilike posting skills and his having the same equiptment as me and all our friends really gets my goat. but by far my biggest worry when hanging out with johnny, is pouring wrong fluids in his engine and not getting to maine.

Johnny Thunder
09-28-2007, 09:07
johnny thunder has threatened the very bain of my existence with this superthread. my bain is actually hurting. i may need a bain transplant. im out looking for bain doners now. its his youthfull cheeryness i hate. and his dreamy blue eyes and eyelashes that girls would kill for. im glad i dont have girl eyelashes. ha ha ha . girlylash! and its his blue car with its superspeeds and cool name of the thundercat. his near mattheskilike posting skills and his having the same equiptment as me and all our friends really gets my goat. but by far my biggest worry when hanging out with johnny, is pouring wrong fluids in his engine and not getting to maine.

Awww...you noticed.

Regarding this thread: I am King of the Internets. Remember that.

Regarding the car: I'm never showing you the hood release or releasing the hood in your presence.

Regarding "girlylash": It's not the eyes or the lashes the girlies fawn over...it's my superior dancing prowess. Seriously, these skills were forged in the most firey latin dance clubs in Alphabet City. My Dominican roomate Alberto Jose (formery a hype man at Bar and Batmitzpahs) taught me well. So now when I'm snakin' to some crappy Yunker cover act spewin' out Rick Springfield I know it's childs' play. Ok, maybe it's the lashes. My eyes are green.

Regarding your "bain": Someone bring a scalpel and forceps. I'll need a roll of duct tape, two quarts of saline, and a powersaw. I've got the "bain" that wouldn't die in my freezer. Coming to a Gathering near you:

The Field Ops Bain Transplantation of Destiny Part Two: The Quest for Better Spelling

Gray Blazer
09-28-2007, 09:51
Matty, you need to appear on the TV show "The Pickup Artist". You're already halfway there (you're an artist). They had one guy who could pick up a stripper in a strip bar (seems like a good way to get aids).

mweinstone
09-28-2007, 23:19
dear johnny your an ass. what the hell were you thinking allowing me to dictate that we should be in gettysburg thursday nite so as to wake early and volenteer? what an ass idea. let me tell you the new story. first of all were going to drivebys for the simple reason, that the list of confermies includes but is not limmeted to, goat dude blojack jones starlyte and a host of heavenly hikers. actually i still dont want to go for some reason. oh yeah, cause it takes away precious hours of being on the ground in my tent under sun waiting for and preparing and flying kites for, the arrival of drivebys crowd. i would rather be in gettysburg having a boreing wait than being up all night happy with close friends. am i damaged? yes. do i actually like the hard cold dead earth more than warm close friends. i dont know. but im torn between camp and drunk. between a rock and a hard cider place. up knob creek without a poodle.knob creek was abe lincons houses name. im screwed like a cork on the knob creek. witch has no threads. unlike this stupid life full of threads. hey! im on a thread right now! and i forgot to get drunk. i think bobcat is cool. just blabbing now. anything and everything that comes into my twisted mind. im so angry. to much fun , too little time to have. no museums knocking down my door for my art. no world peace. damm this sucks . or does it? yes it does.beer me marge! goat just called and yelled at me hard and long for not comming to drivebys.right now goat and johnny thunder are touching their girlfriends. how unfair is that? here i sit all wonderfull with no touchy. i hate you all and hope you die of happyness!lol.if i was a driver , and rich and idle,..i would circle the appalachian trail like a vulture . waiting and wanting. and when any trail activity happened below, i would swoop. and i would swoop alot. somebody peels back the wrapper on a snickers,...i swoop down and watch and blab. driveby gets up for a beer? i swoop. somewhere in the woods a shelter emits smoke from a cookfire? i swoop. swooping and never missing any fun ever on the trail. i would soar up and down the thermals seeking out hiking fun. i wouldnt go to town. rather i'd eat food hung in trees by bad hikers. i would follow iditerod and eat his food each night. then i would swoop into franklin and chat with ron. and a swoop to white crow too see him......okay, enough. drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburgdrivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburgdrivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburgdrivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg drivebys gettysburg gettysby driveburgs

Panzer1
09-28-2007, 23:47
no museums knocking down my door for my art. no world peace. damm this sucks . or does it?

Think "commercial art"...

Panzer

mweinstone
09-28-2007, 23:52
you mean sell out to the man. i thaught you were cool. dont camp near me at the gathering dude. your out.lol

camojack
09-28-2007, 23:54
you mean sell out to the man. i thaught you were cool. dont camp near me at the gathering dude. your out.lol
Hey, that is where the money's at, y'know... :D

Panzer1
09-29-2007, 00:25

If you want to sell, you're going to have to "sell out".

Panzer

rafe
09-29-2007, 00:36
Seriously matty, u could be the next Thomas Kincade :) :) :) :)

mweinstone
09-29-2007, 06:25
please wait.....system start up.........checking disks............initializing network connection......ip firewall loading......adjusting caffeine levels......ready to rant.
nobody highjacks this thread. we will discuss napping. as most of you know, my hair has been left to nap. and i have my first 2 naplocks.they've been forming since last year when i shaved my head. hears a thaught. if you must take a nap. take the left one. its smaller and therefore week and exspendable. in other nap news,..

highjacking .......i have this mile long ball of natural twine. should i bring it and lay out a string from the campsight directly to the ballrom or should we tie it to jester and stake the other end to malas truck and wait and see what happens? how bout we inishiate the first ever string carry. yeah,..we can lay the string out straight and just walk around with it around town. or we could sit and drink and just stare at the ball of string and come up with drunken ideas till we nail it .

Heater
09-29-2007, 10:11
Seriously matty, u could be the next Thomas Kincade

The following courtesy iof the C list...

I share in mstoned disallunisionments.

:p:p:p:p

Johnny Thunder
09-30-2007, 18:15
For the record...I previously stated the itinerary to start in Paoli and pass through Driveby's but NO! Mr Weinstone had to be there first for the Kite Flying and best spot picking.

I know you well enough to have already made plans and picked up directions to Stewartsville before we even began talking plans.

mweinstone
09-30-2007, 18:48
your knowing i wanted to go to drivebys is another example of just why i traded minnesota smith to the cdt team for you johnny. your simply put,......simple and easy to put in a hiking situation. cammo confirms that drivebys is indeed closer. in the morning we'll split early while jacks melodic snorring has casa de drivebys inhabitants still lusty with dream. or you and or dr stonewall can knock me on the head and grab as much sleep as you want. ill always be up for rushing though. if needed of course. lets confirm the list of reasons this is the best gathering in all the world of time and space. because its the one thats next weekend. because its not the ones that are long ago and therefoe out of reach till time travel is invented. because samich. because the kite i have has a fiberglass frame and five hundred feet of string. because fudge comes in rocky road, maple walnut and peanutbutter chocolate. because starlyte smells good. because the goat is funny to a mindless idiot like me. because the dude smells bad. because the dude is great no matter how smelly. because jack tarlin exists, and likes my cooking. because kinnikinnik has a name i can misspell and get a pardon for. and a hug and a kiss. because ms janet has been admitted to the betty ford clinic special division for thruhiker withdraw theropy. because lonewolf can help make everyone feel like we got at least one celebraty. unless old fart shows. what that means i dont guess. i know i had one beer. maby two. one day i aspire to know wolf enough to rasel with him and not get killed. ill go back to my drunken rambeling after i tell you all that my street is a beeping yo-ing, phillies just won weirdout.

Johnny Thunder
10-01-2007, 09:42
That's not even a half-mile of twine. But if I had to choose one usage for said modern marvel it'd be to create a continuous daisy chain and tie one end to me and the other to another sprinter and let us race in opposite directions as the melodic thumping of string and knot pulling thumps its way to the daisy's extiction and we (me and the other runner) and stopped dead by the suddenly taught length. Think of it as that scene in "Lady and the Tramp" where they're eating pasta only different. And then we rejoin after jogging back our slightly-under-1/4-a-mile tracks and rejoice in our twine burns and drink whiskey. Deal?

Johnny

PS. you might want to also get directions to DB's because I have 'em to Stewartsville but not to his home.