PDA

View Full Version : Florida Hikers

JHambone44
09-11-2007, 08:20
Anyone in South Florida interested in some day hikes or weekend hikes in the area? I live in the West Palm area and am in search of hiking partner(s).

gearfreak
09-11-2007, 08:24
I live a bit north of you in Palm City and would be interested when the weather is cooler. I'm leaving for Springer next Friday and will be gone for a week. Perhaps we can work something out when I return.

Cannibal
09-11-2007, 09:08
I live in Vero Beach (about 45 minutes north of WPB) and am always looking for hiking buds. I'm out about 3 times a month on the weekends prepping for a thru this spring. Where are you wanting to hike?

jnetx
09-11-2007, 10:36
I'm currently in Kissimmee, so probably too far north for day hikes, but can usually be persuaded to travel for a decent weekender.

If you're not already a member of FL Trail you may want to contact them. Loxahatchee is probably your local chapter ( http://lox.floridatrail.org/ ) They are quite active. I know Jack Hailman who maintains some section of the FL trail north of Lake O often does hike/work weekends.

In November is the Big O ( http://lox.floridatrail.org/bigo/ ) a nine day series of day hikes around the Lake, with camping at local campgrounds and shuttles. Usually a fun week, some stay for the entire trip, others just come for a day or a couple of days. Might be a good place for you to meet up with some locals.

JHambone44
09-11-2007, 21:35
Gearfreak, I am also a cooler weather hiker. Send me an email when you get back and we can figure something out for sometime in October or whenever the first cool front comes through.

JHambone44
09-15-2007, 17:18
Cannibal,
I usually hike Jonathan Dickinson or Corbett. I would be more than willing to drive if you know some good places closer to you. When it cools off I try to go hiking somewhere at least every other weekend. I'm pretty easy, if there's hiking involved I will go. Let me know if you'd ever like company on any of your hikes.

ofthearth
01-02-2008, 11:27
I have been doing some shake down hikes around Gold Head going south. Would interested in getting together with anyone wanting to go Ocala south - Gold Head north. I live in SC so the upper part of the trail is better for me.

ofthearth