PDA

View Full Version : Pre Gathering Gathering @ Casa De Driveby

driveby
09-11-2007, 12:53
For those of you who have heard the rumors, they are true. Anyone is welcome to the pre gathering gathering @ casa de driveby which is about 1 hour east of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/ /><st1:City w:st=Gettysburg</st1:City></ST1:place. I have a hug back yard and an even bigger grill what Jack and I will be using to barbeque on Thursday night (let me know if this has changed jack). The keg is cold, the food will be good, and it should be a great time. We will get everyone over to the gathering the following day. So for those who do not know, the pre gathering gathering @ casa de driveby will be on Thursday October 4th. That is the Thursday before the gathering. Please let me know who is coming.

Jack Tarlin
09-11-2007, 13:26
You have a "hug" back yard?? What the hell is that?

Hmmmm. I think I'll settle for a handshake and a beer.

In any case, looking forward to seeing you in just over 3 weeks.

Oh, if anyone is planning to attend, at some point PLEASE fire off an RSVP to DriveBy so we have a rough idea of how many we'll be cooking for; people who are interested or think they'll be coming should write him so can send you directions, which he probably doesn't want to post here.

Hope to see lots of you there, everyone's welcome; remember tho, as always, there will be NO drum circle or contra dancing during the festivities.

Unless you are Scarlett Johansson, then you can pretty much do whatever you want.

driveby
09-11-2007, 13:34
We will have a Fire circle, but no drum circles. i am not sure about the contra dancing. I might make an exception to that is you are naked (not you jack!! oh please not you!!) you can email me at [email protected] for the address.

the goat
09-11-2007, 14:01
i'm in for the casa de driveby festivities; where the cruzan flows like wine!

look for my email, driveby.

i should have an extra seat or two in the goatmobile if anyone needs a ride to the gathering from there.

lemme know if you need me to bring anything too.

mweinstone
09-11-2007, 14:06
im in chili con caso head.

StarLyte
09-11-2007, 14:13
i'm in for the casa de driveby festivities; where the cruzan flows like wine!

look for my email, driveby.

i should have an extra seat or two in the goatmobile if anyone needs a ride to the gathering from there.

lemme know if you need me to bring anything too.

The goatmobile--I love it. And the cigar? Where would you put the cigar?

And what does one bring to such an affair?

Have room for 3 more knuckleheads?

Wonder
09-12-2007, 07:23
"Where to put the cigar?" Ya, know....I think I"m gonna skip this one :-)

driveby
09-12-2007, 10:05
Tentative menu for the Pre Gathering Gathering @ Casa De Driveby (sorry vegetarians)
Pre Gathering Gathering Menus
Agave Chipotle Barbeque Chicken
Grilled corn on the cob with old bay garlic butter
Driveby Spicy Potato salad

Grilled honey rum glazed peaches with mascarpone

Drink MenuCruzan Rum Punch with fresh fruit (just for you Goat)
Yuengling
Jell-O Shooters

Pre Gathering Gathering Breakfast: (Friday Morning)
Grilled sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches
Driveby cast iron home fries
Bloody driveby marry’s
Cold extract Coffee (hot or cold)

Blister
09-12-2007, 16:42
Tentative menu for the Pre Gathering Gathering @ Casa De Driveby (sorry vegetarians)
Pre Gathering Gathering Menus
Agave Chipotle Barbeque Chicken
Grilled corn on the cob with old bay garlic butter
Driveby Spicy Potato salad

Grilled honey rum glazed peaches with mascarpone

Drink MenuCruzan Rum Punch with fresh fruit (just for you Goat)
Yuengling
Jell-O Shooters

Pre Gathering Gathering Breakfast: (Friday Morning)
Grilled sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches
Driveby cast iron home fries
Bloody driveby marry’s
Cold extract Coffee (hot or cold)

I thought that I put on a great spread! Damn! Still not sure what my plans are but it is tempting.

driveby
09-17-2007, 11:12
you better be there blister!!!

Stonewall
09-17-2007, 18:06
I'll be headed your way!!!!

trailangelmary
09-18-2007, 17:23
Hi Driveby,
I hope to make it to the pre-gathering gathering. Sending an email for directions. The menu sounds awesome. Cruzan rum punch sounds awesome. And Chipolte Chicken Barbecue....awesome. I'll bring a jar of My Signature Suicide hot sauce if anyone wants to kick it up.
Mary

the goat
09-18-2007, 17:32
Hi Driveby,
I hope to make it to the pre-gathering gathering. Sending an email for directions. The menu sounds awesome. Cruzan rum punch sounds awesome. And Chipolte Chicken Barbecue....awesome. I'll bring a jar of My Signature Suicide hot sauce if anyone wants to kick it up.
Mary

can't wait to see you, mary!

the goat
09-19-2007, 12:13
The goatmobile--I love it. And the cigar? Where would you put the cigar?

And what does one bring to such an affair?

Have room for 3 more knuckleheads?

i'll be puffing a fat imitation cuban the whole way there.

i've always got room for a few more knuckleheads.

Jester2000
09-20-2007, 00:02
i'll be puffing a fat imitation cuban the whole way there.

I suggest you leave Al Pacino alone.

Jack Tarlin
09-20-2007, 14:37
Jester, that is about the funniest thing you've written in a very long while.

Wonder
09-21-2007, 11:38
LMAO! You gotta give him credit....he's good

the goat
09-21-2007, 13:06
I suggest you leave Al Pacino alone.

.............. :D that was a good one!

TheTank
09-24-2007, 20:23
I'll be there.

Driveby, I will e-mail you to get officially counted and get directions.

I will be driving down from the Albany, NY area, so if there is anyone in between here and there that needs a ride down there let me know.

Jack Tarlin
09-27-2007, 16:37
Wow, only a week to the Pre-Gathering Gathering at Casa DriveBy!

So who's going?

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 16:40
Wow, only a week to the Pre-Gathering Gathering at Casa DriveBy!

So who's going?

i MIGHT be coming with Sly and EZ if i join them on their hike from Duncannon to Caledonia.

Sly
09-27-2007, 17:21
i MIGHT be coming with Sly and EZ if i join them on their hike from Duncannon to Caledonia.

Whadaya mean MIGHT? We'll be looking for yeah!

trekkngirl
09-27-2007, 20:22
Hi Driveby
My friend and I would like to get a jumpstart on the Gathering by coming to your pre-gathering...sounds wonderful!! I would need directions to your place of course..and mostly what shall I bring..We are coming from Tennessee...but I can buy something or just put in on the costs..whatever you want..
Thanks a lot
Pat and Michael :)

Jack Tarlin
09-27-2007, 20:56
If you look at the third post on this thread, you'll see his E-Mail address; write him and he'll send along a map!

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 21:24
Whadaya mean MIGHT? We'll be looking for yeah!

well, i pretty much promised Wonder a ride on Friday to Gettsburg. so if she can't find an alternate ride real soon, i'm committed. i'm a stand up guy that way. :)

Sly
09-27-2007, 21:30
well, i pretty much promised Wonder a ride on Friday to Gettsburg. so if she can't find an alternate ride real soon, i'm committed. i'm a stand up guy that way. :)

That's cool. We'll see you sooner or later.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 21:35
That's cool. We'll see you sooner or later.

damn correct you will. tryin' to talk her into leaving thursday noon. we may show up at the gig around 8ish. gypsy loves me :)

trekkngirl
09-27-2007, 21:44
If you look at the third post on this thread, you'll see his E-Mail address; write him and he'll send along a map!

Thanks Jack..I did go back to the first post but missed that one somehow...all fixed now.:)

Wonder
09-28-2007, 08:18
Workin' on it....one more call to make. Worst come to worse, I should be able to leave Damascus around 1:15 on Thursday......

Jack Tarlin
09-30-2007, 14:45
Finally got transport issues resolved, will be leaving Hanover Wednesday AM with Gary (Phatt Chapp) from the Glencliff Hostel.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and we'll see you Thursday!!

mweinstone
09-30-2007, 15:00
this is phatty after the operation to remove his evil left side. thankfully, we still have the good half. the scientists and doctors who seperated mr chapp did so because hes half the fun of any trail event. they felt he could still live a productive life.the operation was paid for by the sales of his ever popular clothing consortiom PHAT.

PHOTO TAKEN AT THE MOST LOVED HOSTEL ON THE TRAIL.

driveby
10-01-2007, 21:17
So we are almost there. Tomorrow is hump day for me seeing as most of you are coming in on thur. and some on wed. Dou to the overwellming number of people coming, i have had to scale down how guicci the dinner and breakfast is going to be. don't worry plenty of food for all and lots of booze. and some staples. Cruzen punch is still on the menu, grilled chicken ect. be prepared to camp because there might not be enough room in my house but plenty of room in the yard. if anyone needs my number, here it is. 410-458-8074. also be prepared to park in the church parking lot after you get here and drop off what you need. it is just four houses down from my house. again, [email protected] if you have any questions.

Jack Tarlin
10-02-2007, 12:44
Just a reminder.....if you're planning to drop by DriveBy's, try and send him an RSVP so has some sort of idea of likely numbers; it makes thing a lot easy for shopping, cooking plans, etc.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Blister
10-02-2007, 17:22
Just left work and do not have to be back until monday night. Looks like I willl be dragging along Uncle Silly (summited the big K yesturday) and Luna from NH, and perhaps picking up Peregrine in Philly??? Still working out the details. I will give drive-by a call for direction once I know where I am coming from.

Never lost only misplaced.

:dance :dance :dance

trekkngirl
10-03-2007, 11:25
My friend and I are still planning on coming..I am bringing my bpking tent for easy set up in your yard, driveby.. :)

driveby
10-03-2007, 11:35
The wood is chopped, the fire pit is dug, the keg is ordered, the coffee is brewing, the jungle is cut, the food is bought, the fruit in the rum punch is soaking up alcohol, and the pre gathering, numero uno, is about to begin. Will you be one of the ones who say, "I went to the Pre Gathering Gathering @ Casa De Driveby and survived?" <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Lone Wolf
10-03-2007, 11:38
i'll one of the ones that won't be hungover and feeling like s**t on friday. :cool:

Jester2000
10-03-2007, 11:45
The wood is chopped, the fire pit is dug, the keg is ordered, the coffee is brewing, the jungle is cut, the food is bought, the fruit in the rum punch is soaking up alcohol, and the pre gathering, numero uno, is about to begin. Will you be one of the ones who say, "I went to the Pre Gathering Gathering @ Casa De Driveby and survived?" <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

. . .or will you be one of those about whom it is said, "he didn't survive. But at least he died doing something he loved. . ."

Johnny Thunder
10-03-2007, 11:50
. . .or will you be one of those about whom it is said, "he didn't survive. But at least he died doing something he loved. . ."

Yeah!

Like Biggie and Pac.

trailangelmary
10-04-2007, 13:45
Two Step anxious to leave Duncannon with me. I better get off this puter and get my stuff together and packed in my car!!! Also, bringing SOBO Reggie. Hope tho be there about supper time or earlier if I get moving!!

StarLyte
10-05-2007, 07:02
A group of us attended the party last night, drove thru beautiful countryside to get there from Gettysburg.

Packed house - full back yard with many campers. Great friends!!!

The best of food - I honestly have never eaten chicken that tasted so good with the exception of Queen Diva's fried chicken at Bears Den hostel :D

DriveBy, you should have a weekender get together some time - a mini Ruck or something ;) Me, Jack and Blister will cook :D

The usual suspects were there ha ha.

Thank you for your hospitality. Wish I would have taken a plate of food with me. As early as it is right now I could go for some more potato salad and chicken!!!

Awesome!!!! Thank you !!!!

trailangelmary
10-08-2007, 09:18
It was a great time for all who attended. Attached is the group photo on Friday morning before we all departed for the Gathering. This one shows driveby going to check the picture before my camera timer went off!!
Hope someone will send me the second picture as a jpeg attachment. [email protected]

chomp
10-08-2007, 09:56
Wow - AWESOME photo, Mary. That is one of the funniest things that have seen in a while... Classic Drive By.

The pre-gathering was great, as was the Gathering. It was great to see everyone, I was just sad that I had to leave so soon.

the goat
10-08-2007, 09:59
drive-by's pre-gathering was awesome!

thanks for the hospitality drive-by, the food, drink & company were great. thanks for everything!

the goat
10-08-2007, 10:02
I was just sad that I had to leave so soon.

bittersweet though, considering brady's performance on sunday?;)

two-step
10-08-2007, 18:19
Had an awesome time at Driveby's 'Fies-co!' Great food, an appropriate amount of booze (the apples almost killed me...and a few others,) and a fabulous host to boot : ) Really nice to see everyone again.

* That picture is FREAKIN' hilarious. Driveby seems to resembles Shrek preparing to attack the camera. I dig it.

Uncle Silly
10-10-2007, 11:56
yes yes, thanks DriveBy for the hospitality and grub and firepit and booze and everything else. wish you'd stuck around the Gathering more, but i'm sure we'll see you at another trail gathering soon. Katy had a great time playing with Guinness!

Nest
10-10-2007, 17:38
Agree with everyone. Great food, great drinks, great company. Definately worth the 12 hour overnight drive.

Jester2000
10-10-2007, 22:23
Driveby -- Thanks for being a great host and opening your home to us. I hope Casa de Driveby becomes the site of many future get togethers (assuming your girlfriend can put up with us. But now that I think about it, she puts up with you, so. . .)

Tell Guinness I'll get the foot back to him next time I see him.

Thanks again.

mrc237
10-11-2007, 00:18
Thanks for the hospitality D-by thanks to Katie as well!

Nest
10-11-2007, 00:33
Hey Drive By. If you get back to this thread, I got a question. When I fell asleep on the couch, who covered me up? I know there was no chance in hell I could have managed it on my own.

Jack Tarlin
10-11-2007, 12:44
I think Jester did, right before he crashed. Didn't you hear him snoring? :eek:

Nest
10-11-2007, 12:52
I think Jester did, right before he crashed. Didn't you hear him snoring? :eek:

I thought I was the only one sleeping inside besides Driveby and Katie. I can sleep through anything if I want to though.

Jester2000
10-11-2007, 19:39
I thought I was the only one sleeping inside besides Driveby and Katie. I can sleep through anything if I want to though.

I was outside, but honestly, that wouldn't keep you from hearing me snoring.

Nest
10-11-2007, 20:06
I was outside, but honestly, that wouldn't keep you from hearing me snoring.

Ohh, I remember that now. I just thought Driveby lived next to an Airport that only operated at night or something.