PDA

View Full Version : Thanks WHiteblazers!!!!

Lion King
09-12-2007, 13:01
TLB6142, Cyndie, Lugnut, Elray, Bushwack and Bramble, the Honeymooners, Easychair and the rest of the crew from here that made it out to one of more of the presentations I did this week at the festival in Milford or in Columbus.

Also, thanks to Redneck Rye for the hospitality and good times in Columbus, as well as for the drop off this morning in Mt Orab, where I still am....and its BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE!!!!!!

I really apreciate all the support and you guys for not leaving or falling asleep while I spoke. :D

Now off to grocery shop, sleep and hike...in some order....

Also, random, if any one has a link for the schedule for the gathering, could you post it?

Thanks

ms doolittle
09-12-2007, 15:02
Dang it! I wish I could have made it to see you, Lion King. I ended up backpacking in Shawnee on Saturday & Sunday and volunteering on Monday night. :(

Good luck with the rest of your hike and I'll continue following on trailjournals!

elray
09-12-2007, 22:34
For those of you who couldn't make it, my condolences. You missed a knowlegeable Big Bearded Guy with a heart of gold and lot of funny anectodes. The films and slide shows were informative and well made, it was an awesome evening. Good Luck to you my friend, not that you'll need much of it with that great attitude and infectious personality.

Jester2000
09-12-2007, 22:38
Also, thanks to Redneck Rye for the hospitality and good times . . .

I believe that's actually spelled "horse brutality."

-SEEKER-
09-12-2007, 22:44
It really was a good weekend and I came away with a lot of useful information. Thanks again Lion King!

RedneckRye
09-12-2007, 22:59
I believe that's actually spelled "horse brutality."

No horses were brutalized !!! None. Not even a little. I swear.

-SEEKER-
09-18-2007, 09:12
:sunLion King is in Cincinnati, OH. For those of you in the Cincy area, I just left him in O'bryonville. We had breakfast in Hyde Park this morning and he is back on the road headed west. WXIX TV is supposed to catch up with him in the downtown area in about an hour and do a segment on his journey. Then he will be headed for KY for a while before crossing back to the Ohio side of the river at Anderson Ferry. If you get a chance to, check him out on the tube. He said to tell everyone on WB hello.

Lone Wolf
09-18-2007, 09:18
what kinda "journey" is this? seems he's always eating in restaurants, staying in motels, going to karaoke bars and getting interviewed for it.:-?

Freeleo
09-18-2007, 09:18
do you know when it is going to air?????

Lion King
09-19-2007, 11:52
what kinda "journey" is this? seems he's always eating in restaurants, staying in motels, going to karaoke bars and getting interviewed for it.:-?

Its different thats for sure.

I wish there were WAY more wilderness, but this is a 'road walk' type trail until I get further out west, and trust me, I wish I were there.

It cost a lot more to do this trip and I am getting lean a lot slower as you CAN eat in a restaraunt everyday...sometimes twice...

and the reason they are doing the interviews is because of the American Heart Assoc, as well as it teaches people that there is in fact a trail running right through their big towns and small cities.

hows your hike?