PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to introduce...

TexasDreamer
09-12-2007, 19:55
Hey Y'all----it's been a while since you've heard from me, but there's someone I'd like you to meet. #1 daughter Sunshine is hoping to get in some trail after she graduates HS. She also wants to join the Marines, so I don't know how she'll pull it all off. Ya'll go easy on her--she's a young thing and cannot leave her mother.

Texas Dreamer

Roland
09-12-2007, 19:59
Is this her? (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/member.php?u=13992)

:welcome

TexasDreamer
09-12-2007, 20:04
Yup, we're working off of one computer, so I'll log out and let her on to say , "HI"

Texas Sunshine
09-12-2007, 20:10
Hola, every body!!! I'm TexasDreamer's eldest daughter, she hiked in '05. We're plannin' on going together after I graduate, but I also want to join the Marines, so I'm not sure how that's gonna work... So far we haven't gone anywhere major, just hike mainly smaller trails in Tx. Just thought I'd say HI!

Texas Sunshine

Kirby
09-12-2007, 20:21
Welcome to WhiteBlaze!

Kirby

buckowens
09-12-2007, 22:03
Hey Y'all----it's been a while since you've heard from me, but there's someone I'd like you to meet. #1 daughter Sunshine is hoping to get in some trail after she graduates HS. She also wants to join the Marines, so I don't know how she'll pull it all off. Ya'll go easy on her--she's a young thing and cannot leave her mother.

Texas Dreamer

:welcome Welcome Sunshine!

Texas Dreamer, you have a right to be very proud, as those are high and noble ambitions from your daughter. Do a delayed entry so your pay entry date starts (you begin building time for pay, more years=more cash), and take off hiking!! Go to boot camp after the hike. You will be in much better shape than most, and will have memories forever.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-12-2007, 22:05
Welcome Sunshine and welcome back TexasDreamer

TexasDreamer
09-12-2007, 22:56
She's been in MCJROTC in HS and achieved a rank of 2LT before the second year was out; so she'll probably go on to a scholarship and ROTC for college. If so, she'll have time for a two month or so AT hike before "Hell Week". Not a thru, but I don't think I have a thru in me either. We still have this year and next to get through before then. I would go ahead and take her for a while next summer, but am planning on the Wonderland Trail for late August.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-13-2007, 04:49
:sun ::: Dino gives Sunshine a high five for becoming a Second Lieutenant in 2 years ::: :sun

gypsy
09-13-2007, 11:47
but I also want to join the Marines

Texas Sunshine
Wow. You go girl!