PDA

View Full Version : new tick to rid trail of dummys!

mweinstone
09-13-2007, 08:23
a genetically modified and partially engeneered rocky mountain spotted tic has won dr steven stonewall of the zurich institute for the study of jerks, a nobel prize. dr stonewalls feild of research origanally focused on pure evil as it manefests in jerk hikers but changed to studying lesser hiking evils such as snorers and moochers and flim flamsters and scamsters and thieves and whoremongers. at the core of the discovery is the tics ability to differenciate between a hiker having a bad day, and a hiker causeing one. previous self contained hiker riddence bombs, or hrb's as their known, focused and were limmited to, decifering a complex series of huiman responses to determine witch hikers to rid the trail of. dr steveven stonewalls device/creature,...has the simpler task of choosing witch hikers are liars .lieing being the common denomonator of evil.the nobel peace prize committy proclaimed dr stonewalls invention," mankinds only hope" shocking the world with such strong words. there are plans for an institute sponsored release of the tics on a world wide scale that would rid the world of liers. protesters of the plan gathered outside the institute in switzerland included such notable pro liers as saten . minions were also spotted at the protest.

saw this artical in the sunday times and wondered if we(hikerdom) support such a plan.

JAK
09-13-2007, 08:33
a genetically modified and partially engeneered rocky mountain spotted tic has won dr steven stonewall of the zurich institute for the study of jerks, a nobel prize. dr stonewalls feild of research origanally focused on pure evil as it manefests in jerk hikers but changed to studying lesser hiking evils such as snorers and moochers and flim flamsters and scamsters and thieves and whoremongers. at the core of the discovery is the tics ability to differenciate between a hiker having a bad day, and a hiker causeing one. previous self contained hiker riddence bombs, or hrb's as their known, focused and were limmited to, decifering a complex series of huiman responses to determine witch hikers to rid the trail of. dr steveven stonewalls device/creature,...has the simpler task of choosing witch hikers are liars .lieing being the common denomonator of evil.the nobel peace prize committy proclaimed dr stonewalls invention," mankinds only hope" shocking the world with such strong words. there are plans for an institute sponsored release of the tics on a world wide scale that would rid the world of liers. protesters of the plan gathered outside the institute in switzerland included such notable pro liers as saten . minions were also spotted at the protest.

saw this artical in the sunday times and wondered if we(hikerdom) support such a plan.Well it would certainly rid the world of all fishermen.
I am not sure that would be a good thing. Baby and the bathwater I suppose.

Tractor
09-13-2007, 08:34
Yes .

JAK
09-13-2007, 08:37
We ask a simple question
And that is all we wish:
Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-13-2007, 08:37
::: Dino mops coffee off monitor and keyboard and attempts to catch breath :::

weary
09-13-2007, 09:14
Let he who does not lie be exposed to the first tick. I think it's a secret plan by wild life to wipe out the human race.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-13-2007, 09:33
Weary and Matt, you two are in rare form this AM.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/lowcarbscoop/Dinolaughing.jpg

Johnny Thunder
09-13-2007, 10:19
On my first hiking trip with Matthewski we discussed many things. Chief among them was his theorem that you could launch a space shuttle by tunneling from coast-to-coast in a shape contradictory to the planet's rotation. He thought that if you detached the object from rotation then you'd only have to fight upward gravity (which, we agreed was a force less than that tackled by conventional means).

His fire and passion in discussing the subject astounded me. In fact, when I next retrieved him from his abode in Souf Filly I half expected to find the man 15 foot deep in the middle of Broad Street...

"Whatcha' doin' down there Matty, digging a pool for the kids?" I'd ask.

"johney, im clearli diging a whol thru thi erth bi wich ill lauwnch a spase shuttl." He'd answer.

But no! At our next meeting we discussed things with equal furvor. How Matthewski has impecable pop sense and predicted the second careers of Michael Jackson and John Travolta.

"britneey speers iz next, johney." He said.

But nothing of the space craft. Nothing of physical impossibilities. No tunneling from 215 to the fabled 555. Nothing.

It was like the great idea didn't exist.

Now I wonder...when I pick him up from the Paoli local at 5PM tomorrow what will he be saying?

Never mind the normal Bacon-steaks-shelters-suck-Minessota-Smith-update-iditarod stuff...This summer I've become convinced these topics are as ingrained in Matthewski's DNA as his ability to spell (phonetically).

So what will it be?

Matty, will you be diabolically interbreeding a meca-race of tics to erradicate hikerdom of various liars, cheats, and hangers on?

"johney, i hav this iddea..."

Here we go again!

Johnny

Johnny Thunder
09-13-2007, 10:56
http://www.inscentinel.com/index.php

Bees already do it...no peace prize.

From the website:
Because of the versatility of honeybees, Inscentinel's technology is broad based and thus the range of potential applications is vast. Through our research programs and collaborations with companies and institutions we have developed detection protocols for a variety of applications.
The above links describes 4 examples of detection projects we have carried out :-

http://www.inscentinel.com/Hexagon1.gifSecurity screening – for plastic explosives, drugs and chemical weapons http://www.inscentinel.com/Hexagon2.gifCounterfeit goods detection – detection of smuggled goods such as tobacco and alcohol and discrimination of fraudulent goods http://www.inscentinel.com/Hexagon3.gifFood quality control - applications include detecting ripeness of fruit and vegetables before visible signs of deterioration through molecular recognition of specific indicator molecules. http://www.inscentinel.com/Hexagon4.gifEarly medical diagnosis - of cancers and diseases through detection of characteristic indicator molecules in breath, blood and urineIn addition to these areas, we are seeking partners and collaborators to enable further development of our system into new areas and refinement of the technology for specific application areas