PDA

View Full Version : "Moved" -- but where?

Fiddleback
09-13-2007, 11:23
Moving the thread, "Red Fridays - let our troops know!" from the General Forum was appropriate, IMO. But where'd it go? If the thread title can be modified to show 'moved' it seems it would be just as easy to modify it to read, 'moved to _____ '.

FB

Lone Wolf
09-13-2007, 11:24
Moving the thread, "Red Fridays - let our troops know!" from the General Forum was appropriate, IMO. But where'd it go?

FB

in politics

dixicritter
09-13-2007, 11:24
Political forum, since it turned that direction.

edited to add.... dadgumit LW you're fast.

naturejunkie
09-13-2007, 12:33
I've seen this a couple times, but I see no link on Whiteblaze for a political forum. Am I missing something?

Alligator
09-13-2007, 12:47
I've seen this a couple times, but I see no link on Whiteblaze for a political forum. Am I missing something?You are not subscribed. There are a couple of ways to do this if you want to subscribe. The top menu bar his a user CP link. Click on that. Then in the left column under Misc. click on group memberships. This will show you the several forums you can subscribe too.

zelph
09-13-2007, 13:08
You are not subscribed. There are a couple of ways to do this if you want to subscribe. The top menu bar his a user CP link. Click on that. Then in the left column under Misc. click on group memberships. This will show you the several forums you can subscribe too.

Thanks Alligator. I could'nt find it either.

I was trying to find it by looking at Dixicritters avatar:banana

By The Way, I agree with Fiddleback

dixicritter
09-13-2007, 13:38
If you click on the thread title of the moved thread it will take you to the thread. The only time it won't is if it is moved to a subscription forum you are not subscribed to like the political area for example. Therefore it is just by process of elimination to figure out which subscription forum.

Fiddleback
09-13-2007, 20:00
Thanks guys...it was another one of those days even though I hadn't had breakfast yet...:rolleyes:

FB

Sly
09-13-2007, 20:47
If a thread is moved to a subscribed forum like politics, is it "searchable" if you're not a subscribe member?

Alligator
09-13-2007, 20:55
If a thread is moved to a subscribed forum like politics, is it "searchable" if you're not a subscribe member?It's "unsearchable"--it won't show up when you search on it.

dixicritter
09-13-2007, 21:00
If a thread is moved to a subscribed forum like politics, is it "searchable" if you're not a subscribe member?

Alligator is correct in that if you are not subscribed to the forum the thread has been moved to it will not show up in a search. If you are subscribed to the forum then it will show up in a search.

Kirby
09-14-2007, 06:28
Where is the politics forum?

Kirby