PDA

View Full Version : Good Resupply point N.Y.to MASS.

wolf
09-13-2007, 19:45
we will be hiking from N.Y.to MASS. in what town in conn is the best place to re stock and get a good meal.also what town is a good mail drop town,we will be going next sat,9/22

elray
09-13-2007, 20:03
How about Kent Ct? Less than a mile from the trail and everything from upscale dining to pizza and chinese food. The grocery is good for long term resupply and there's a brand new laudromat. II Cat and I connected a dot up there this Spring and really enjoyed our stopover In Kent.

adamkrz
09-13-2007, 20:21
1st stop would be kent with everything mentioned above.
2nd would be Cornwall bridge about 1 mile from the trail with a post office,general store,outfitter,package store.You can also camp at the state campground ( HOUSATONIC MEADOWS )about a mile down rt.7- on the river for a small fee.
3rd would be Falls village - there is the mountainside cafe about 1/4 off the trail with great food.Don't stop at the gas station there when coming off the trail- I hear the owner is not hiker freindly.:(
4th stop will be Salisbury Ct. about 1 mile off trail with a post office,supermarket and some upscale eating.

Have a great hike. :sun

Jack Tarlin
09-13-2007, 20:23
Wolf.....

Check the "Articles" section of this website; there is a lot of information there on food and re-supply that you might find useful.

Sly
09-13-2007, 20:25
Here's the online Companion for that section in a PDF. CT starts on page 11

http://www.aldha.org/companyn/nj-ct07.pdf

Sly
09-13-2007, 20:27
Hey is the packy in CT still giving a free beer of choice? Where was that again, Cornwall Bridge?

Lone Wolf
09-13-2007, 20:29
Here's the online Companion for that section in a PDF. CT starts on page 11

http://www.aldha.org/companyn/nj-ct07.pdf

you should be encouraging this person to purchase the companion

Sly
09-13-2007, 20:31
you should be encouraging this person to purchase the companion

It's 8:30PM I'm off the clock. ;)

Lone Wolf
09-13-2007, 20:31
Hey is the packy in CT still giving a free beer of choice? Where was that again, Cornwall Bridge?

yup. cornwall bridge. but a real hiker will take the blue-blaze to it and stealth for the nite on the PO loading dock next to the packy