PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the upgrade..

Senor Quack
11-08-2003, 08:13
I appreciate the effort put into the upgrade, attroll!

Lumberjack
11-08-2003, 08:31
Not to rain on things but where did the new thread search button go?

attroll
11-08-2003, 08:34
It is coming give me about 15 minutes and it will be there.

attroll
11-08-2003, 08:39
Ok. I just put it up look for this button:

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/images/misc/top_newpost.gif

Mr. Clean
11-08-2003, 09:00
but will there be a "view new posts" button, or maybe I just missed it. By the way, love the patches - thanks for all your hard work.

SGT Rock
11-08-2003, 09:27
I tried a quick reply, but there was a message saying click the quick reply icon, yet I cannot find this icon. Where is it?

Are we going to get a front page like the old one too?

Getting better all the time!

jlb2012
11-08-2003, 09:30
The quick reply button is between the edit and the reply buttons on the bottom right of the message

MadAussieInLondon
11-08-2003, 09:44
hmm it wouldnt let me fill in the quick reply box. very nice n slick looking too btw. :jump

i should add i updated to a current mozilla firebird nightly so it could be that... (ive had a few issues with the current build so... )

attroll
11-08-2003, 10:22
The reason it does not let you go straight to the quick reply box is because there are three differnet ways to view threads now.
1. Linear
2. Hybrid
3. Threaded

You need to go to the person message that you are replying to and click the http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/quickreply.gif icon that is in between the edit and reply buttons of that persons message that you are reply to. Then you can type in the quick reply box. The reason for this is to make sure that you are replying to the correct message. If you just want to reply to the last message in the thread then you can click the http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/quickreply.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/quickreply.gif) icon in the last message posted.

Gee I hope that mad sense. I still have not gone to bed. I said I was going to but I wanted to get the front page working and I have that working now.

jlb2012
11-08-2003, 10:24
yo ATTroll - go to bed before disaster strikes

illininagel
11-08-2003, 10:33
I don't see how to view only the new posts when I enter the site....

attroll
11-08-2003, 10:36
On the top right of the forum pages there is a button called New Post or on the front page if there are new post you can click it and it will bring you to the new post.

illininagel
11-08-2003, 10:38
Thanks. That works! At first, I thought that button was to post a new thread versus to view new posts.

Thanks again for all of your hard work for this internet community.

texashiker
11-08-2003, 11:57
Attroll-
Thank you for all of your hard work on this site. I know my AT experience will be enhanced by your work!

Thanks!
Texashiker

Crash
11-08-2003, 14:17
When I first log on, I love looking at the random photos :sun. Please put the photos back on.
Otherwise I like the upgrades. thanx

attroll
11-08-2003, 19:10
OK done. I just put the random photos back on the home page.

Kerosene
11-08-2003, 19:43
Lookin' good, Troll! I know how much time this takes, first to get your design together, then to perform the upgrade without screwing something up, then to tweak it to get it "just right"!

My two wishes (low priority):

1) Change the "New Post" button to read "New Posts" and, ideally, position it back on the left next to my screen name.
2) Allow me to "Mark all posts read" from the "New Posts" search screen rather than have to go back to the bottom of the Forums page.

Again, thanks for everything.

Lugnut
11-09-2003, 01:26
Hey Troll, the hiker walking across the screen is pigeon toed!
(not that there is anything wrong with that) :p

U-BOLT
11-09-2003, 01:35
How about some scents? I'd like to click on the trees in the WhiteBlaze patch and smell a spruce forest.

cburnett
11-11-2003, 13:45
How do I tell which post I've read and haven't? I've selected "mark all read" but see not difference after the refresh.

Thanks.

IV

attroll
11-11-2003, 16:11
If you select "mark all messages read" then it is going to mark the site like you have read all the messages. If you want to read all new messages that you have not read then you need to click "New Post".

Skyline
11-11-2003, 17:24
Ditto, thanx for the upgrade.

One thing I've noticed that is different--don't know if it's a bug or the way the upgrade's supposed to work--is that each time I go to reply to a post it is now making me sign in with username and password.

Before the upgrade, the system seemed to "remember" me. Both before and after the upgrade I had checked the "remember me" box when signing in, but now it's not "remembering."

I have "cookies" working on my computer; in fact nothing has changed on my end.

If that's the way y'all intend for it to work now, cool. But if not, thought you'd want the feedback.

attroll
11-11-2003, 19:38
Skyline

I am not having that problem on my end. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem. I think you may have to go into you internet options and delete your cookies. I was having some cookie problems after the upgrade. I deleted my cookies and have not had a problem since.

In the upgrade it did change something in the way WhiteBlaze handeled cookies. So maybe that is why you have to delete the cookies.
Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Skyline
11-12-2003, 19:13
Skyline

I am not having that problem on my end. I don't know if anyone else is having that problem. I think you may have to go into you internet options and delete your cookies. I was having some cookie problems after the upgrade. I deleted my cookies and have not had a problem since.

In the upgrade it did change something in the way WhiteBlaze handeled cookies. So maybe that is why you have to delete the cookies.
Let me know if this fixes the problem.

I don't want to trash all the cookies; some are important when I visit other sites.

I may have narrowed the problem a bit, tho. If I sign in on the opening page, no problem elsewhere on the site. If I forget to sign in on the opening, then I get prompted whenever I first go to do something (view, post, etc.) somewhere else. So I sign in, and the "Remember Me" is checked, but it doesn't seem to actually work 'cause next time I jump on WhiteBlaze, I'm not remembered.

Before the upgrade, I didn't have to sign in on the first page or anywhere else. It did actually remember me.

None of this is worth losing sleep over. I can easily sign in on the opening page. Just thought you'd want to know.

Skyline
11-14-2003, 17:17
It's working like old times now! Didn't have to sign in on the opening page (in fact the interface to do so wasn't even there). There was a line that said, "Welcome Back Skyline" so the "remember me" feature must be working again. And to post this, I didn't get prompted to sign in.

Thanx!

Rain Man
11-14-2003, 17:42
Attroll,

Have you dropped HTML page titles??? Since the upgrade, if I have multiple pages open at once, I now notice they all have the exact same title. Under the old version, I could see which page I wanted to open, by the title.

Just a small thing.

Rain Man

attroll
11-15-2003, 02:20
If you look thay all don't have the same title. The begining gould say "WhiteBlaze.net - A Appalachian Trail information site" then after that is should have the thread title. For example this page your looking at right now should say: "WhiteBlaze.net - A Appalachian Trail information site - Thanks for the upgrade.."

Rain Man
11-15-2003, 10:10
If you look thay all don't have the same title. The begining gould say "WhiteBlaze.net - A Appalachian Trail information site" then after that is should have the thread title. For example this page your looking at right now should say: "WhiteBlaze.net - A Appalachian Trail information site - Thanks for the upgrade.."

Ahhhhh..... well, do you think you could change it back to the way it was? I have a lot of windows open at once usually, so the titles are very helpful to me in keeping them straight.

Previously, the "WhiteBlaze.net - A Appalachian Trail information site - " was not in the titles.

And, BTW, just in case you'd want to make a nitpicky correction, it should be "An" Appalachian Trail information site.....

THANKS, Attroll, for all you do to keep WhiteBlaze the greatest!!!

Rain Man