PDA

View Full Version : AMC croo hijinks

mindi
09-15-2007, 23:45
Berlin mayor wants AMC to fire alleged squirrel thieves (http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=7073788)

Hahaha...

Topcat
09-16-2007, 09:31
Ok, when i was 17 and fueled with Boone's Farm Wild Mountain Grape wine, my buddies amd took some tools, a chain and el camino to the local (and back then only) Mcdonalds with the intention of kidnapping the Ronald McDonald statue and holding him for 100 Big Mac's ransome. We had 3 bolts off when we saw a cop car go by and decided that maybe it wasnt such a good idea.

I am glad now..he woudl probably still be in my garage...

Lone Wolf
09-16-2007, 09:37
Trustafarians with nothing better to do

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2007, 10:03
What a squirrely thing to do. Were they nuts? :D

Seriously, this is youngsters playing a prank. Make them do some community service work every Friday and Saturday night for a month or so and let it go.

Lone Wolf
09-16-2007, 10:06
so you condone stealing?

MOWGLI
09-16-2007, 10:09
so you condone stealing?

Isn't stealth camping under Lonesome Lake Hut stealing? ;)

Roland
09-16-2007, 10:09
~
Seriously, this is youngsters playing a prank. Make them do some community service work every Friday and Saturday night for a month or so and let it go.

"Youngsters" playing a prank? At what age does one become responsible for their actions?

These "youngsters" were 24, 22 and 21 years old.

Lone Wolf
09-16-2007, 10:11
Isn't stealth camping under Lonesome Lake Hut stealing? ;)

nah. i wasn't using any of thier services. plus i pay federal taxes and the hut is on NFS property

The Old Fhart
09-16-2007, 10:16
Theft is theft.

The definition of prank is "a mischievous trick or practical joke." Theft is only practical for the thief that gets away with stealing, not the person who owns the item.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2007, 10:16
As I understand it, the kids planned to move it from one place to another public place where it would be found as a joke. Is it right? No, but it is a lot different than most thefts which are intended to enrich the thief in some way. This was a prank. Heaven knows I might have had something to do with the Mayfield Dairy Cow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2V-xfma_c) (a large fiberglass cow on a trailer) having been moved from place to place in my younger years.

Tin Man
09-16-2007, 11:19
nah. i wasn't using any of thier services. plus i pay federal taxes and the hut is on NFS property

You had a roof over your head; a roof requires maintenance; sounds like a service to me; we cannot price the service or claim our taxes are paying for the service; we should be responsible enough to pay the advertised rate. No disrepect intended, but have you been taking the WD pill lately?

Tin Man
09-16-2007, 11:20
Theft is theft.

The definition of prank is "a mischievous trick or practical joke." Theft is only practical for the thief that gets away with stealing, not the person who owns the item.

True, and the punishment should fit the crime. Community service sounds about right here.

emerald
09-16-2007, 11:51
True, and the punishment should fit the crime. Community service sounds about right here.

It's not up to me to decide, but service to the community of Berlin would be a perfect fit.

The Old Fhart
09-16-2007, 12:18
Tin Man-"True, and the punishment should fit the crime. Community service sounds about right here."No argument from me on that suggestion. I went to high school in Berlin and I know the area needs a lot of help.

Freeleo
09-16-2007, 12:33
As I understand it, the kids planned to move it from one place to another public place where it would be found as a joke. Is it right? No, but it is a lot different than most thefts which are intended to enrich the thief in some way. This was a prank. Heaven knows I might have had something to do with the Mayfield Dairy Cow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2V-xfma_c) (a large fiberglass cow on a trailer) having been moved from place to place in my younger years.

so is that you waving to the camera in the video?:)

Jack Tarlin
09-16-2007, 13:29
Lone Wolf asks "So you condone stealing?"

No, most of us here don't. Theft is theft.

Glad to see Wolf has left the dark side and has seen the light.

Now if we can just work on a few more people....... :D

Appalachian Tater
09-16-2007, 13:50
Theft is theft.

I think "practical" in this use means something that is "done" rather than "said".

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2007, 15:52
so is that you waving to the camera in the video?:)::: Dino is busted :D :::

Peaks
09-16-2007, 18:10

Lonesome Lake hut is actually in the Crawford Notch State Park. That's state property, not NFS.

Roland
09-16-2007, 18:17
Lonesome Lake hut is actually in the Crawford Notch State Park. That's state property, not NFS.

Huh??? Say what?

JAK
09-16-2007, 18:19
Never mind the squirrel.
What's up with the 'Twenty-1' and 'Twenty-2' ???

Jim Adams
09-16-2007, 18:34
Make them wear squirrel suits and play with the youngsters in the park for a day! This was obviously intended as a prank...let the judge prank them back!

geek

ps. FD...that was you?!!!!!LOL

The Old Fhart
09-16-2007, 18:52
Peaks-"Lonesome Lake hut is actually in the Crawford Notch State Park. That's state property, not NFS."

“The original cabins at Lonesome Lake were built in 1876 by private individuals as fishing camps. When the State of New Hampshire purchased Franconia Notch, the lake and the two cabins were included. The State asked the AMC to operate the cabins as part of its growing string of huts…………………In 1963 the State tore down the old buildings and built the present three buildings at a new location on the southwest shore of the lake, just above the outlet.”

I also believe the AMC owns the one acre of land Madison springs hut sits on.

Peaks
09-17-2007, 08:17
Huh??? Say what?

Oops. Franconia Notch State Park. I stand corrected.

And yes, AMC does own about 1 acre where Madison Hut is located. It preceeds the National Forest.

ki0eh
09-17-2007, 11:39
What's up with the 'Twenty-1' and 'Twenty-2' ???

I remember that from radio newswriting days 15+ years ago. If it's a "rip and read" script, make it utterly unambiguous for the newsreader who never read the script before the "on air" light goes on.

Then, if you're a small town news outlet, you don't have staff to spare re-styling the script for print style.