PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Yogi

mindi
09-16-2007, 23:25
I realize it's a pretty common trailname. He's a young guy, wears a skirt, usually has an iPod.

Stallion
09-17-2007, 21:07
Dunno if it'll still be useful, but ran into a Yogi at Ensign Cowall Shelter in MD on the night of July 11, during my scant few days on the trail. I'm afraid my class was rather loud and woke him up. Believe he had a skirt...

mindi
09-18-2007, 02:03
Thanks for the info..hope he's still on the trail. I failed to find out his real name or his number so I'm hoping eventually someone else will run into him.

Wanderingson
09-18-2007, 03:51
Believe he had a skirt...

Ok let me get this straight, you belive he had a skirt? LOL

Am I missing something here?

ScottP
09-19-2007, 10:26
Skirts are great for hiking if you're doing medium-big miles in a humid climate....unless you enjoy bloody chafing, then go ahead and stick with shorts or pants by all means

Nightwalker
09-19-2007, 14:45
Skirts are great for hiking if you're doing medium-big miles in a humid climate....unless you enjoy bloody chafing, then go ahead and stick with shorts or pants by all means

Compression shorts for me. No chafing, much wicking.

Mags
09-19-2007, 15:03

Baggy shorts for me with liner cut out. Same concept without having to explain a skirt. :sun

Only ultra-burly Scots who can wield claymores l (http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_oconnor_3.jpg)ook good in skirts.

Short Eye-talians in a skirt would make people double over in laughter....

Lone Wolf
09-19-2007, 15:06
Baggy shorts for me with liner cut out. Same concept without having to explain a skirt. :sun

Only ultra-burly Scots who can wield claymores l (http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_oconnor_3.jpg)ook good in skirts.

Short Eye-talians in a skirt would make people double over in laughter....

these boy hikers that wear skirts do it more for the "hey look at me i'm different" reason than comfort

BooBoo
10-25-2007, 02:35
The only Yogi I know is 6'2 240 lbs long hair, a huge beard,tatoo's and is also known as my older brother.

nitewalker
10-25-2007, 08:02
yogi? i heard he was being chased out of the park by ranger smith! he was cught trying to steal a pic- a- nic basket...hey hey boo boo!!!

dessertrat
10-25-2007, 09:49
I did have a guy in a skirt go by me in late September in the hundred mile wilderness, at Leeman Brook lean-to. We exchanged a few words, I don't know if his trail name was Yogi or not. He seemed like an "ultralighter" sort of dude, was not carrying a very big pack for a thru-hiker.

sloopjonboswell
10-25-2007, 13:25
from florida was in monson waiting on a package when i headed into the hundred miles. he probably summited somewhere between the 3rd and 5th.

sloopjonboswell
10-25-2007, 13:25
of october

mindi
10-25-2007, 21:41
Cool, I hope it was him!