PDA

View Full Version : Moonstone

Two Speed
09-17-2007, 20:08
Moonstone appears to be gone. What happened to them? Got a Lucid 800 bag that is performing well for me.

Baum Trigger
09-17-2007, 20:16
Moonstone appears to be gone. What happened to them? Got a Lucid 800 bag that is performing well for me.

Good company with good products. Still have some of there stuff 60% off at the store I work at. They got bought out. Although, I don't remember by who. Anyway, the buying company shut them down...for good.

Dirty Harry
09-18-2007, 00:12
love their jackets, hate their bags

Mocs123
09-18-2007, 11:49
I think they were purchased by Columbia, but I could be wrong.

NICKTHEGREEK
09-18-2007, 15:31
I think they were purchased by Columbia, but I could be wrong.
No you are correct. Liked (still do) both raingear and bags

Moon Monster
09-18-2007, 16:18
From Columbia's SEC filing:
We acquired the Montrail brand and a group of Pacific Trail brands. Montrail is a premium outdoor footwear brand with a reputation for technical, high performance trail running and hiking products. The Montrail acquisition was slightly dilutive to our first quarter earnings as a result of recording the Montrail inventory at fair value in purchase accounting, and we continue to expect the acquisition to be slightly dilutive to 2006 earnings. The Pacific Trail group of brands includes the Pacific Trail outerwear brand, the Towne outerwear and rainwear brand, the Pac Tec high-performance outerwear brand, the Black Dot Clothing snowboard apparel brand, the Moonstone mountain equipment brand and several other brands. We expect the Pacific Trail acquisition to be slightly dilutive to 2006 earnings.

Regarding warranties, this is from a retailer's site:
In 2006 Moonstone was purchased by Columbia Sportwear. Columbia did not immediately confirm any plans to continue the Moonstone brand but have confirmed they are honoring the Moonstone warranty. Moonstone products are guaranteed to the original owner against defects in materials and workmanship for the expected lifetime of the product (industry standard 8-10 years) against manufacturer defects and require proof-of-purchase to validate warranty. Damages not covered under warranty will be repaired at a reasonable rate. Columbia asks that you please clean the product before you return it. If you have any questions, please contact Columbia at 1-800-547-8066.

ScottP
09-19-2007, 17:48
Well, no more hard rocks for me, I guess :( Columbia has a record of ruining viable outdoor products, correct?