PDA

View Full Version : RODNEY LIWANAG Packs

EastCoastClimber
09-17-2007, 20:45
Does anyone know how I can get a hold of him? I tried [email protected] already.

Does anyone have any of his packs, if so how do you like it?

Thanks, jared.

capoken
09-18-2007, 22:56
2 years ago I had Rodney make me a custom sized G4 style pack. He used heavier fabric than the design called for, so it's VERY tough. I also had him add "hip snuggers" to pull the bottom close to my hips for load transfer. I had him add some other features that I wanted. Total weight is about 20 oz including the foam cut outs for shoulders and belt. I like mine a lot and find it very comfortable with UL weights. And his prices cannot be beat. I'm sorry you are having a tough time getting in touch with him.

EastCoastClimber
10-02-2007, 23:52
He is actually making me a pack right now. His price is awesome, the only problem is shipping from out of the U.S.

GREEN THERAPY
10-03-2007, 00:10
About 2 months ago I built a G4 pack and love it. Finished weight is 12 ounces and have tested it out fairly hard up to 25 lbs. I used padding in the straps and hip belt and it carries a load well. I use a closed foam pad for the pack frame (20 inch wide) and cut slots in it so it would fold easily and fit into the pockets on the outside of the pack for an external frame. Made from heavy urathane coated nylon from Wal Mart. Colors are a bit extreme, but the price was right.

rafe
10-03-2007, 00:14
About 2 months ago I built a G4 pack and love it.

You're very talented. I'm impressed.

GREEN THERAPY
10-03-2007, 08:57
You're very talented. I'm impressed.

T Y for the kind words. Have fabricated things using many different materials ( furniture, metal work etc.) over the years so was just another project, but the sewing part did get more than a few raised eyebrows when they found out I was doing it. Went so far as to buy a sewing machine.