PDA

View Full Version : Parking spot in/near Atkins VA?

Doctari
09-18-2007, 15:05
I am starting to make plans to do a section hike in April of 2008, the plan is to hike from Hughes gap in TENN, [Just N of the Greasy creek Friendly (A hostel)] to Atkins VA. I need a place to safely park my van for about 15 days in or near Atkins. Any: ideas, suggestions, etc.?

I’ll be leaving BDT Cincinnati AM of April 17th, & hope to be back to the van by no later than mid AM May 11th, cause I got to be at work by 0600 on May 13th

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doctari.

Lone Wolf
09-18-2007, 15:11
The Relax Inn across from the trailhead in Atkins allows long term parking for a fee. call 276-783-5811 for info. Mt. Rogers Headquarters, 12 miles south of Atkins and on the AT, allows free parking

Captain Blue
09-18-2007, 20:59
I parked my car at the Relax Inn for 10 days in July. The cost was $3/day. I parked my car there for six weeks last summer for a flat rate of $5 but that was under the former management. No problems either time. Both times I parked in a spot right across the window of the front desk. It’s a good place to park since the Trail comes out right by the motel.

Doctari
09-20-2007, 08:54
Thanks guys!!

I "knew" about the Relax Inn, but this senile thing sometimes gets in the way of stuff I know :rolleyes:

Sigh!

Doctari.