PDA

View Full Version : New Lightweight Backpacking Site

zelph
09-19-2007, 10:40
Today is the official opening of a new and interesting lightweight backpacing site. (we did need another one right?)

The name of the site is bplite.com (Zelph's StoveWorks (http://www.bplite.com/index.php)is contained within the site)

The entire Whiteblaze family is invited to drop on in and take a look see what's going on there.

Be sure to register and then stop on by the "Mystery Tool" forum to see if you can guess what the tools are. If you are the first to guess the correct answer you will win a free stove. (everybody can use another lightweight stove, right?)

This one will have a tendency to be a do-it-yourself oriented site. It might wander at times into different modes.(We'll see)

In alphabetical order are listed the creators of the site:

Mags (admin)

Midway Sam (site Admin)

Skidsteer (admin)

Zelph (admin)

We'll be on hand to make your visit a pleasant and enjoyable one.

See you there!!!!! (by the way!!! there are no frolicking bananas there, bummer!!!)

Ender
09-19-2007, 11:02
Looks like it'll be good, but currently I'm unable to post?

zelph
09-19-2007, 11:04
Looks like it'll be good, but currently I'm unable to post?

I'll be there liketty split to see why!!!!!!

zelph
09-19-2007, 11:09
Ender, I did make a correction to the Mystery tool forum if thats the one you tried to post on!!!!!!

It's a learning curve:banana

Creek Dancer
09-19-2007, 11:10
Very cool website!

iesman69
09-19-2007, 11:12
zelph,

i too tried to post an answer to one of your mystery tools, but ended up having to PM you! did you get the PM. I just(11:10edt) tried back and see that I'm still unable to post. cool site with good info tho

iesman69

Ender
09-19-2007, 11:13
Yeah, I don't seem to be able to post on any thread. Cant' wait to though... looks like a cool site.

hiker5
09-19-2007, 11:19
Nice looking site. As others have said there doesn't seem to be a way to post currently. I don't see 'reply' or 'new thread' buttons.

When I first registered I had access to "The Committee" forum, but it looks like that has been corrected.

One question, I don't see an introduce yourself or general discussion type forum or thread, is that by choice (focus on the topics in stead of general discussion)?

Best of luck!

Appalachian Tater
09-19-2007, 11:20
Are you guys going to post the answers to the Mystery Tools?!?

hiker5
09-19-2007, 11:23
Here is a little more info i hope will help you. It seems I have a reply button in "Stove designs by Skids" and "Youtube's finest stovies" but not "Zelph's Stoveworks" or "Mystery Tool".

Midway Sam
09-19-2007, 11:31
Forum permissions have been worked out. Post away.

hiker5
09-19-2007, 11:33
Yep, reply buttons all around. Looks like things are working now.

Ewker
09-19-2007, 11:33
that site is only for posters by the name of zelph...didn't realize there was so many :p

zelph
09-19-2007, 12:17
Ewker!!!
Santa has Elphs:-?

Zelph has Elphs to help, there every where.

Zelph"s StoveWorks is still under construction!!! Lots of photos still not in place yet. Trying to recover the disc that was used to salvage info on a expired computer.(It happens) You can ask questions in all the threads that are there. Most all of the stoves that I have created are there. New ones are in the making and more are being thought of. The ones on the back burner will soon be coming forward for updates as time permits.

I thank all of you that have stopped by so far. You're family!!!!

We will post the answers to the Mystery Tools after a 1 week period, give all a chance to think it over mabe change their answers:confused: There will be mystery tools every week with a stove give away for each tool. If you have a mystery tool that you would like to post in the forum, please do. It will make the forum a super interesting one. Got one that will stump the experts? Post It(you supply the prize:) .

Midway Sam is a super site admin. man. Thanks Sam!!!!

Cuffs
09-19-2007, 12:19
I said it before somewhere else on WB.... oh great, another site I'll have to check in on ump-teen times a day...

It looks great! And Ive already added it to my tabs! Keep up the great work!

zelph
09-19-2007, 13:16
I said it before somewhere else on WB.... oh great, another site I'll have to check in on ump-teen times a day...

It looks great! And Ive already added it to my tabs! Keep up the great work!

Thank You, Just a couple would be suffice. Welcome to the site.

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 13:19
You ought to include a stove of the month club.

zelph
09-19-2007, 17:17
You ought to include a stove of the month club.

That is an excellent idea!!!!!

I will include that for sure. Thank You for that idea.:)

hiker5Nice looking site.
One question, I don't see an introduce yourself or general discussion type forum or thread, is that by choice (focus on the topics in stead of general discussion)?

Best of luck!

That was just an oversite, glad you pointed that out. Thanks Hiker5

An updated version of the BB will be installed later in the evening.

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 17:22
That is an excellent idea!!!!!

I will include that for sure. Thank You for that idea.:)

Let me know how it works out. I've been thinking of that idea for you since I was in Iraq.

Cuffs
09-19-2007, 20:13
How about a "tool of the month" instead of all at once...?

Skidsteer
09-19-2007, 20:18
How about a "tool of the month" instead of all at once...?

That would be a good contest for the politics forum on WB.

The prize? Moderate the politics forum for a month, naturally.

Cuffs
09-19-2007, 20:41
Had to read that twice... Now I see... you mean that kind of tool!

Mags
09-20-2007, 11:30
Had to read that twice... Now I see... you mean that kind of tool!

There'd be lots of candiates, I'm sure. ;)

Cuffs
09-20-2007, 11:42
I could offer up some names!

Marta
09-20-2007, 11:44
Fun site! I entertained my husband by showing him some of the stove YouTube videos last night. I like the one with the little guy who dances in the flames.

Mags
09-20-2007, 11:53
I could offer up some names!

Heh..naah. I think we all have an idea of the names at this point. ;)

SoonerTex
09-20-2007, 14:12
Thanks alot zelph, now between this site and bplite I will never get any work done.:) SoonerTex

zelph
09-21-2007, 14:18
Thanks alot zelph, now between this site and bplite I will never get any work done.:) SoonerTex

Glad you stopped on by!!!!!!

Our update went well and Sam did a face lift on the Banner. Looks great!!!

We're adding forums as we go along, trying to have a little something for everyone. Sorry, no AT there. Or:::::Frolicking Bananas:banana ::::::

halftime
09-21-2007, 21:32
Great Site! Added to my Favorites!

Skidsteer
09-21-2007, 21:34

Welcome Halftime!

zelph
09-27-2007, 13:05

Glad you stopped over for a visit. Some of our visitors had some fun and became "Winners"

These are the "Winners" in our 1st weeks Mystery Tool quiz:

"Dzierzak" (2 time winner)

"Knightwalker"

"Ender"

"Hiker5"

Each will receive one of these Lightweight, no pot stand required stoves. Hybrid Side Burner alcohol stove.
Read about it here: http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38 (http://www.bplite.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/th_drpriz003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/obijiwa/sternostove005.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiker5"

"LostInSpace"

The above "Winners" will recieve something lightweight and hiker friendly :) .

After they receive it, they are required to report back and let you know what it was.;)

Come on over and find out what the tools were. One of them Stumped the best of best guessers. One of them made my banana frolic:banana

Skidsteer
10-01-2007, 22:00
The Cottage Industries forum (http://www.bplite.com/viewforum.php?f=32)at bpLite (http://www.bplite.com/index.php) is off and running!(Ok, it's walking kinda slow:D )

Check in every so often and check out the specials. If you have a cottage industry related to hiking and are interested in marketing your gear ideas, just PM Zelph, Mags, Midway Sam, or me to find out how!