PDA

View Full Version : The Smokeys - anyone live near them?

Mace
09-19-2007, 12:49
Anyone live near the Smokeys who would like to pet watch our dog and drive it to the South side of the range when we get through it? We picked up a little Beagle in VA, and we REALY want to go through the Smokeys. We will be willing to give some money and take care of all the food, etc....

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 12:51
I live 18 minutes from the gate, have two dogs, and a fenced yard. I might be able to do it. I would have to know more and talk to the wife about it.

Mace
09-19-2007, 13:33
That would be amazing if you could!!

Her name is Diggs, she is a puppy... no more than a year or so old. She is very playfull and loves other dogs (males or females)

We realy dont know when we will be getting to the Smokeys... we Have been waiting in Hampton for a mail drop for EVER then we might be stopping in Hot Springs or Ashville for work for a bit....

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 13:37
We have a 7 month old puppy as well. She is kennel trained and they could probably play together. Our other dog won't because she is a crotchety old fart who only holds carpet down.

When are we talking and for how long?

Mace
09-19-2007, 13:44
well... I honestly dont know. It would be for 6 days or so. As far as when, I couldnt tell you until I get to Hot Springs and see if we can get work. I can give you better details in a week or so.

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 13:45
I will be here in Tennessee.

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2007, 14:46
Hmmm......isn't this how Bob Peoples ended up with all those extra dogs? :D

SGT Rock
09-19-2007, 16:16
I think it is. I would love to be as good as Bob Peoples at trail maintenance and taking care of hikers.

SGT Rock
09-20-2007, 07:55
Hey Mace,

Just understand we are going to Gettisburg on October 5th, so whatever you are going to do, we have to have mission complete and your pup back to you by close of business on the 4th.

hiker5
09-20-2007, 08:24
Rock, did you mean October?

dixicritter
09-20-2007, 08:35
Yep he does. At least he got the town right this time...LOL

Mace
09-20-2007, 10:24
Hey Mace,

Just understand we are going to Gettisburg on October 5th, so whatever you are going to do, we have to have mission complete and your pup back to you by close of business on the 4th.

Im sure it would be before then. If not, that means I found work and wont be going through the smokies for some time still. But yes, I would never leave this dog... she is a little stupid at times, but the best trail dog ever!

@ Bob Peoples... I too would love to help out the way he does. Me and Smarts plan on moving somewhere between Damascus and Hot Springs when we finish the trail to be around such possitive trail support.