PDA

View Full Version : WhiteBlaze Maps

The Weasel
09-20-2007, 14:49
Am I the only WB member from California? I hope not!

WB has a neat Google Map Overlay that not a lot of people use, found in "About White Blaze/Tools" in the menu bar of each page. The drop down menu shows "White Blaze members location (map), and then it allows you to enter your location. According to this, I'm the only member from CA.

I think it is a useful way to see where people are, fairly quickly. Perhaps more would use it if they new it was here.

TW

Alligator
09-20-2007, 14:54
You can use the Google tool or you can go to the member list and search there. There is a search tool to the upper right. Do an advanced search on location and for example enter California. There are 89 members who list California as their location.

The Weasel
09-20-2007, 15:44
You can use the Google tool or you can go to the member list and search there. There is a search tool to the upper right. Do an advanced search on location and for example enter California. There are 89 members who list California as their location.

Yes, of course. But the map is rather fun. Perhaps more people will add to it.

TW

Cuffs
09-20-2007, 15:46
Thats nice...

RiverWarriorPJ
09-20-2007, 16:20
Yes, of course. But the map is rather fun. Perhaps more people will add to it.

TW

....Yup....I did....what da hay...hey...

Waterbuffalo
09-20-2007, 17:30
thats cool thanks for pointing that out

Rain Man
09-21-2007, 00:37
There's a problem with the map, however. When I highlight a balloon, some of them are too tall for the map box, so the tops are chopped off. Not good.

Rain:sunMan

The Weasel
09-21-2007, 01:15
There's a problem with the map, however. When I highlight a balloon, some of them are too tall for the map box, so the tops are chopped off. Not good.

Rain:sunMan

I think if you move the map, or change its size, or scroll, you get around that.

TW

Smile
09-21-2007, 11:12
I can't get it to work either, page opens but I see no map. What browser is working best for you guys.

The Weasel
09-21-2007, 11:17
I'm using MS IE 10, but it should work for anything that can do google maps. It does essentially a "slide show" of members once the map loads, but a little exploriing will show you how to put your name in.

TW