PDA

View Full Version : Getting to the gathering

Fenrir
09-20-2007, 17:57
Hey guys I have a bit of problem. I'd really like to go to the gathering, but can not drive there. The SO would not approve of our first long distance trip on the motorcycle (only vehicle) being across the country. The problem is that as far as I can tell there is no way to get to Gettysburg without driving. It was suggest that the college shuttle be utilized but as far as I can tell from the website its student only. So since Gettysburg has no airport (I hate flying anyways), and no bus station, how do I get there? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Jack Tarlin
09-20-2007, 18:22
Um, we might be better able to help you if you told us exactly where the hell you'd be coming from. :rolleyes:

Lone Wolf
09-20-2007, 18:23
Hey guys I have a bit of problem. I'd really like to go to the gathering, but can not drive there. The SO would not approve of our first long distance trip on the motorcycle (only vehicle) being across the country. The problem is that as far as I can tell there is no way to get to Gettysburg without driving. It was suggest that the college shuttle be utilized but as far as I can tell from the website its student only. So since Gettysburg has no airport (I hate flying anyways), and no bus station, how do I get there? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

SO? where you at?

Lone Wolf
09-20-2007, 18:24
Um, we might be better able to help you if you told us exactly where the hell you'd be coming from. :rolleyes:

he/she has a location of NOWHERE

Fenrir
09-20-2007, 18:24
Kinda figured I was in the same boat regardless, but I'm coming from Vegas.

Lone Wolf
09-20-2007, 18:25
bus. train. hitch

Roland
09-20-2007, 18:29
He's a real NoWhere man...

Fenrir
09-20-2007, 18:37
Normally hitching would be an option from the closest bus terminal to Gettysburg, but I might be going with the SO, so that kind of throws that option out.

Jack Tarlin
09-20-2007, 18:38
You might wanna get in touch with (or check out) ALDHA-West, the westcoast sister organization of ALDHA in case anyone out there is coming.
Try www.aldhawest.org Also try the Forums at www.trailjournals.com Someone there might now someone coming from the coast, maybe someone's who's about to finish the PCT or something like that.

Fenrir
09-25-2007, 20:25
OK since its getting so close to time, what if I give in and fly? How do I get from the airport to gettysburg? And hour and a half drive....

Thanks