PDA

View Full Version : Practical jokes played on other hikers

Jack Tarlin
09-22-2007, 14:26
Nothing to be scared of.

A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend.

A whole roll of quarters at the do-it-yourself car wash and a whole s***load of Febreeze did the job. Came out right as rain.

Lone Wolf
09-22-2007, 14:31
Nothing to be scared of.

A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend.

A whole roll of quarters at the do-it-yourself car wash and a whole s***load of Febreeze did the job. Came out right as rain.

it was one person that put it in your tent and it was just overnight. the groundhog had been festering in a dumpster for a couple days prior. :)

saimyoji
09-22-2007, 14:41
it was one person that put it in your tent and it was just overnight. the groundhog had been festering in a dumpster for a couple days prior. :)

You seem to have intimate knowledge....:-?

Lone Wolf
09-22-2007, 14:41
You seem to have intimate knowledge....:-?

yup. i was there. as a witness

Gaiter
09-22-2007, 15:03
my brother was in a church group hiking for a week, at the beginning of the week, the equipment was divided up, and he was the one to carry the large cooking pots. one day he noticed his pack seemed to get heavier and heavier through the day, he was thinking it was him getting tired, but nope, he didn't realize till they got to a campsite at the end of the day, that the cooking pots had been filled up w/ rocks by his fellow hikers.

Jack Tarlin
09-22-2007, 15:44
I dunno how this ended up here; my original post was supposed to be in the "How to deal with a stinky tent" thread, and somebody was worried about using Febreeze. Anyway, it's a good product and it works.

The Old Fhart
09-22-2007, 15:54
Jack Tarlin-"A few years back, some sick evil-minded people left a dead maggoty woodchuck in my pack at Trail Days, where it festered un-noticed for the whole weekend."I remember walking by the the car wash and saying to the person I was with: "Jack doesn't own a car" until I got closer and could see you using the high pressure spray on your pack and swearing profusely.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-22-2007, 22:28
I think the woodchuck was placed in Jack's pack to discourage pack sniffers. :eek:

MOWGLI
09-22-2007, 22:34
I think the woodchuck was placed in Jack's pack to discourage pack sniffers. :eek:

Smells like teen spirit. :eek:

Monkeyboy
09-22-2007, 23:12
Not really practical jokes, but the boys in my scout troop like to have a little fun with hikers going the opposite direction.....

They like to wait until the hiker is right up on top of them and say silly things like.....

"....and that's why we get money when Billy dances......" or

".....and ever since the blow hole incident, I can never go to Sea World again......"

You should see the faces of the people as they walk past......and I usually see them because I bring up the rear usually to make sure none fall behind........priceless.

ed bell
09-22-2007, 23:51
Not really practical jokes, but the boys in my scout troop like to have a little fun with hikers going the opposite direction.....

They like to wait until the hiker is right up on top of them and say silly things like.....

"....and that's why we get money when Billy dances......" or

".....and ever since the blow hole incident, I can never go to Sea World again......"

You should see the faces of the people as they walk past......and I usually see them because I bring up the rear usually to make sure none fall behind........priceless.Leave poor William alone. You never quit, do you?:-?:cool::D

Miss Janet
09-23-2007, 16:50
I remember Jack wielding a car wash wand and threatening everyone that walked by. I didn't know what was going on until much later... I SWEAR!!

Jim Adams
09-23-2007, 23:34
We ate and were restocking in town. HippyMan and I both left town complaining of heavy packs from the restock. 23 miles down (up) the trail Hippyman turned to me and said that he had enough for the day and I agreed. We sat down and I asked him if he wanted a cold beer. He was so shocked that I would carry beer that whole way and happily said yes.

I told him to pull the six pack out of his pack as I gave him his sleeping bag back.

He wanted to be mad but couldn't because we had beer.

geek

jettjames
09-23-2007, 23:49
i remeber a pretty good joke this past trail days that involved a tent and a hole and late late nite. maybe it was played on some one who started this thread..............

pt

Gaiter
09-24-2007, 00:33
should this thread be re-named practical jokes on jack?

Blue Jay
09-24-2007, 03:07
I can't believe I am the first to say this, but how could you tell there was a dead groundhog in your pack? It must have been because of the increase in weight.

mudhead
09-24-2007, 06:53
I have always wanted to tie a pack loop off to a root, or about 20' to a tree.

Have refrained out of fear of hurting someone. Funny mental image tho...

Jim Adams
09-24-2007, 08:34
I have always wanted to tie a pack loop off to a root, or about 20' to a tree.

Have refrained out of fear of hurting someone. Funny mental image tho...

mudhead,
That would be soooo good. I too would be afraid of hurting someone but .....what an image!:D

geek

chiefdaddy
10-01-2007, 14:13
i once was sitting by a stream getting water when my buddies fleece face mask fell into the water, it was below freezing and he was pissed it fell in. I remembered you can spin fleece to dry it but had never tested it. I span it over my head then jammed it over his head with the quickness LOL he was freaking out and it was not all the way dry(most of the way), I laughed until my side split and had to run away for a sec so he couldn't get me. :D

The Old Fhart
10-01-2007, 19:13
Thickredhair-"should this thread be re-named practical jokes on jack?"You may have a point there! (click image of Jack sleeping to enlarge)
2364 :D

Jack Tarlin
10-01-2007, 19:26
Actually, O.F., that one was MILD compared to what they usually do.

While it is generally considered to be one of the safest communities in America, being the first person to publicly fall asleep in Billville is generally not the most prudent thing to do.

Johnny Thunder
10-01-2007, 19:26
You may have a point there! (click image of Jack sleeping to enlarge)

It's hijinx like this that would be illegal in my home town on July 4th. I am serious.

Johnny

The Old Fhart
10-01-2007, 19:49
Johnny Thunder-"It's hijinx like this that would be illegal in my home town on July 4th. I am serious."Then to mis-quote what Dorothy said to Toto, "Well, thank god we're not in Philadelphia any more, Toto.":D

Jester2000
10-01-2007, 20:25
You may have a point there! (click image of Jack sleeping to enlarge)

By the way, for anyone wondering, that's not silly string. Hmm. What else? The aforementioned tiger trapping of Jack's tent (I was not involved), live snake in Jack's tent (I was also not involved), gas powered leaf blower pointed inside Bag o' Trix's tent (not involved), dead bird under Jack's sleeping pad (not involved), waking Jack up at TD claiming to be "the authorities" and telling him he had to move his tent, and upon his emergence from said tent. . .six cheek salute(somewhat involved), something to do with Blister's tent, a squirrel, and condoms (not even remotely involved), the kidnapping of Ugly Bunny (victim). . .

So I can honestly claim to not be involved in most of this nonsense. But as for falling asleep in Billville, is there anything more fun than a rousing game of Tarlin Toss? I think not.