PDA

View Full Version : Have made a couple of stoves now and.....

jeffjenn
09-23-2007, 00:49
Have made a couple of stoves now and was wondering what your favorite alcohol stove is? I have made my stoves from a alum. beer bottles (copy of mbd BIOS & whitebox) & have been very happy so far. 1oz of fuel burns approx 7min & boils 16oz in about 4+ depending on conditions. I guess my real question is with all the designs what is the best/most user freindly,has the fastest boil time, & the longest run time per oz of feul? Thanks Jeff.

oops56
09-23-2007, 01:39
There is so many they all say that they got the best.if you can get 7 min. burn time and as you say 4+ boil ome 16 oz. call that good and yours is the best for you. Get to know your stove the ins and outs and it work for you ok.

Dances with Mice
09-23-2007, 08:53
What Oops said. There is no one best stove for everyone. You only need to find one that works best for you considering how you cook, what you cook with, and how many you'll cook for. My stove - and by that I mean my burner and windscreen setup - has been reliable for years and in some pretty adverse conditions so one thing I don't have to carry is worry.

MinnesotaSmith carried one of my stoves during his thru-hike and - are you ready for this? - he never complained about the stove!

atraildreamer
09-24-2007, 13:35
I guess my real question is with all the designs what is the best/most user freindly,has the fastest boil time, & the longest run time per oz of feul? Thanks Jeff.

Whatever works best for you...that is what you should be looking for in a stove system. :-?

(Another new stovie has embarked on the journey whose final destination is stove-building madness! :D):banana