PDA

View Full Version : Naturalist at Cove Mountain Shelter

john august
09-25-2007, 17:37
General Warning! Last week my son and I sectioned hiked from VA 311 to Cove Mountain Trail. On our last day we spotted a tall red headed man wearing nothing but a green hat, boots and socks. We were quite alarmed. He didn't seem to be dangerous or mentally challanged in any way, just delighted to be free of clothing. He asked us if we ever tried it, we said no, he responded by saying, "Well, you should sometime". I don't think this is common on the trail, at least I hope not. So keep your eyes open for the red headed naked man on Cove Mountain. Certainly one of the strangest sights on the AT.

jnetx
09-25-2007, 17:45
fyi - a man with no clothes on is not a naturalist unless he's looking for birdies and flowers, etc. If he's just out for a walk san clothes he is more likely a naturist.:)

The Old Fhart
09-25-2007, 17:49
Being naked at a nudist camp or other approved places is one thing but on the trail (or in public in general) isn't acceptable behavior. Feel free to report him.

Appalachian Tater
09-25-2007, 17:52
Are you sure he wasn't a giant leprechaun?

At least he wasn't walking around in the city with no clothes, but it would be better if he were nude in places where it is expected and others are nude as well. But he is right, you should try it sometime, but at a nude beach, please.

There was an older man with his wife in a shelter in Maine. I was there for quite some time before I realize he didn't have on any pants. No one acted as if they noticed, though surely everyone did. Probably had a bad case of chafing or something.

MOWGLI
09-26-2007, 06:54
General Warning! Last week my son and I sectioned hiked from VA 311 to Cove Mountain Trail. On our last day we spotted a tall red headed man wearing nothing but a green hat, boots and socks. We were quite alarmed. He didn't seem to be dangerous or mentally challanged in any way, just delighted to be free of clothing. He asked us if we ever tried it, we said no, he responded by saying, "Well, you should sometime". I don't think this is common on the trail, at least I hope not. So keep your eyes open for the red headed naked man on Cove Mountain. Certainly one of the strangest sights on the AT.

John:

A "naturalist" is someone who is concerned with the natural world.

A "naturist" is someone who walks around with no clothes.

As a naturalist, I came to this thread expecting one thing, and got another.

Lone Wolf
09-26-2007, 07:16
how about exhibitionist perverted Ahole

mudhead
09-26-2007, 11:05
Plenty of national forest out west to get naked in.

Don't understand people, but retain my right to skinny-dip.

Miss Janet
09-26-2007, 12:04
A few weeks ago a friend of mine was out with a group of teens. They were all a little speechless to see an older nude hiker coming up the trail towards them. My friend recognized the hiker as a long time hiker friend of his and only had a moment to think " Oh, SH_ _!" because he knew the naked hiker was going to want to stop and chat. His group was amazed and a little appalled that the leader knew the naked old guy!!! The kids couldn't have cared less how many thousands of miles this guy had hiked and how many years he had been hiking.... "The DUDE was NAKED, MAN"!!!!

Toolshed
09-26-2007, 12:26
Foolish University students and Naked old people. More reasons for Tasers........
Just kidding...... don't tase me bro.:D

sherrill
09-26-2007, 12:27
I've been to clothing optional beaches in France, California, and New Jersey (kept 'em on), less than a dozen (women) were worth a second glance. :p

Hawkie
09-26-2007, 12:39
Hi, I'm new. I live near the AT. I understand it is a tradition among some to go naked on the trail on the longest day of the year, around June 21, so there may be more "naturists" out on and around that day.

Imager
09-26-2007, 12:49
Live and let live.

MOWGLI
09-26-2007, 13:02
I recall the group at the '05 SORUCK who watched the film Southbounders together. When the naked dude scene was played, I didn't see any of the 100 or so folks run out of the room in horror.

MOWGLI
09-26-2007, 13:03
That was the 06 SORUCK. Sorry,

The Weasel
09-26-2007, 13:11
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: However enjoyable nudism can be while hiking, it can lead to just a whole world of pain. That nude man exposed himself to children (yes, teen agers are 'children' under the law) and did so knowingly; he should at least have immediately stoped and covered himself with something, and been ready to.

If reported - and it happens - he could have been subjected to just massive legal problems, including being convicted of a sex offender crime that might require long term or even lifetime registration and limitations on where he could live, work and travel.

More in my article in the Articles section. It's not just cute anymore.

The Weasel

Appalachian Tater
09-26-2007, 13:18
Yeah, it's pretty sad when the law does not discern the difference between simple nudity and obscene or inappropriate conduct.

The Weasel
09-26-2007, 13:37
Tater, I don't think it's "simple nudity" for a grown male to display his genitals to a group of children on a trail. And the AT is not a remote trail where it's uncommon to find others. I'm not trying to flame you here - honest - but that is non-consensual, subject to serious parent concern upon learning of it (and they will), just stupid. It's not "sad," and the law follows common sense in this situation pretty darn closely. And it's ever worse at a shelter, where it's certain that others will stop, which suggests serious issues. It can't be justified under any set of facts.

TW

ChimneySpring
09-26-2007, 13:47
Yeah, it's pretty sad when the law does not discern the difference between simple nudity and obscene or inappropriate conduct.

Some, like myself when hiking with my 7 year old and his friends, might consider this act of "simple nudity" on public park service land to be both obscene and inappropriate.

rafe
09-26-2007, 13:55
You buy your children video games where "bad people" can be blown up and shot up and vaporized by the dozens... but g*d forbid they should see naked human bodies in the woods. You're warped.

Lone Wolf
09-26-2007, 13:59
You buy your children video games where "bad people" can be blown up and shot up and vaporized by the dozens... but g*d forbid they should see naked human bodies in the woods. You're warped.

so naked teachers in children's classrooms is cool too? what's the difference? and how do you know ChimneySpring buys his kids video games?

sweetpeastu
09-26-2007, 14:08
LOL. I don't know why I find this funny. Ummmm so Weasel what are the legal ramifications for a couple being caught in the act on the trail?

Appalachian Tater
09-26-2007, 14:16
If someone doesn't know the difference between simple nudity on the beach or in the woods and obscene or lewd behavior it's their own problem.

The O.P. even said:

He didn't seem to be dangerous or mentally challanged in any way, just delighted to be free of clothing.Nudity out in the woods is not the same as nudity in a school or church. It also would have been quite different if he had been wearing pants and unzipped his fly and shaken his penis at the children.

God forbid a nude chipmunk or bear had come trotting down the trail.

I am also curious as to where this section of trail is and the legal jurisdiction.

The Weasel
09-26-2007, 14:38

Even if he does - and you have no idea that's the case - that's a voluntary parent decision. Having a grown man confront, however nicely, teen age children in the woods is not something that gives parents an opportunity to permit (and if they did, that would be illegal as well as wrong, too). If you think it's a good idea to allow that, you are worse than warped.

TW

Appalachian Tater
09-26-2007, 14:45
In the immortal words of L. Wolf:

**** THAT! let your freak flag fly.

Lone Wolf
09-26-2007, 14:47
In the immortal words of L. Wolf:

was talking about hair on your head. not your dick. but maybe you are a freak that likes showing it

sweetpeastu
09-26-2007, 15:34
ehh actually this thing was a bit freaky. This section of trail is in my neck of the woods...near a part of the trail I hike frequently. Personally, I'd be freaked out if I saw such a thing....

Soo jurisdiction is like Botetourt County, Virginia.

Appalachian Tater
09-26-2007, 15:36
ehh actually this thing was a bit freaky. This section of trail is in my neck of the woods...near a part of the trail I hike frequently. Personally, I'd be freaked out if I saw such a thing....

Soo jurisdiction is like Botetourt County, Virginia.

I got three people to try to teach me how to pronounce that while I was there, never did get it right, and I'm from the South. That probably would not be a good place to get charged with something like public indecency. The standards of morality there are quite different than say, Vermont.

sweetpeastu
09-26-2007, 15:39
Yeah I was going to add that we don't take kindly to stuff like that around here. Botetourt County in particular is bad....they'll nail you for speeding too.

sweetpeastu
09-26-2007, 15:42
I guess by "nail" you I don't simply mean catch you...more like they'll catch you and nail you down to something and crucify you....or if you prefer, the courts do this thing similiar to mummification. Only instead of pulling your brains through your nose they pull dollars out. Its really quite interesting. lol.

woodsy
09-26-2007, 16:31
Some Maine hillbillys I know would behead (get it?) anyone strutting their stuff like that round these parts. Nude hikers beware.

mudhead
09-26-2007, 17:27
Which clan, the skeeters, or the blackflies?

Or their nasty kin: The Deerfly.

Imager
09-26-2007, 19:03
Simple nudity can generate fear, and humans can be unpredictable when afraid.

Lone Wolf
09-26-2007, 19:14
Simple nudity can generate fear

and lust and disgust. walking naked on a well-traveled trail shows total lack of respect for families with young kids or other people in general. take your naked ass to a nudist camp and hang with the other freaks

jnetx
09-26-2007, 19:34

John, I'm rather curious as to whether you would have posted this same warning if it had been a similarly undressed female hiker?

Panzer1
09-26-2007, 19:35
Stupid discussion.

The issue of public nudity was decided thousands of years ago.

Panzer

Panzer1
09-26-2007, 19:41
and lust and disgust. walking naked on a well-traveled trail shows total lack of respect for families with young kids or other people in general. take your naked ass to a nudist camp and hang with the other freaks

I was hiking on the AT last weekend and I met 2 fathers with 4 small children ages 6 and 7. Two boys and two girls. This was on a different part of the trail but it by coincidence it was just north of the Cove mountain shelter in PA.

Panzer

Dances with Mice
09-26-2007, 20:07
Doesn't happen a lot here in Georgia. .

I thank itsat whole "Deliverance" thang, iffew nowhut imean.

Toolshed
09-26-2007, 20:13
Even if he does - and you have no idea that's the case - that's a voluntary parent decision. Having a grown man confront, however nicely, teen age children in the woods is not something that gives parents an opportunity to permit (and if they did, that would be illegal as well as wrong, too). If you think it's a good idea to allow that, you are worse than warped.

TW

Right on Weasel!!!!!!!!

Skidsteer
09-26-2007, 20:13
Doesn't happen a lot here in Georgia. .

I thank itsat whole "Deliverance" thang, iffew nowhut imean.

Not a lot but apparently it does occur (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17631).

Probably a Northerner.

Dances with Mice
09-26-2007, 21:58
Not a lot but apparently it does occur (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17631). Probably a Northerner.Yeah. Sommuh them come here lookin' for that whole Deliverance thang.

Bluehaus71
09-26-2007, 22:27
Gotta say I wouldn't appreciate seeing any person, male or female, hiking in the buff. And I especially don't want my kids too when they are old enough to hike. To me, in this case, naturist = exhibitionist. It just shows a total lack of respect and disregard for fellow human beings. I get the whole wanting to feel totally "natural" but you just can't do it at other peoples expense. Find a nudist camp or purchase some land and be nude on it all you want. (Just don't buy land near me...lol)

Rain Man
09-26-2007, 22:41
Ironic that so many panties are in a wad over someone out in nature without any. LOL

Rain:sunMan

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 01:19
Tell you what, Rain Man, if you think it's ironic. You go out to the nearest kid's camp out there "in nature" and you strip down and walk in to the dining hall and start singing Kumbaya. You like irony? Tell the judge that you were just being "ironic." She will cut a week off the sentence for having a good vocabulary. Enjoy the rest of it.

TW

mweinstone
09-27-2007, 01:58
naked hiking is bad for the whole trail and scares kids. pervs should be moyaled.

Imager
09-27-2007, 07:22
From these posts, it looks like the adults who are scared. That said, even adults should be able to walk the trail without being scared.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 07:50
From these posts, it looks like the adults who are scared. That said, even adults should be able to walk the trail without being scared.

wow. that's so deep. and ridiculous

ChimneySpring
09-27-2007, 08:57

I'm assuming that you're generalizing here Terp, since the only video games my son has are G rated and don't include vaporizing anything.

You're also oversimplifying... naked human bodies in the "woods" is one thing. Naked human bodies in a PUBLIC environment is quite another. And yes, while it's clear that many hikers don't consider it so, most of the AT is indeed PUBLIC property.

Would I be able to explain that type of behavior away, and are my son and his friends intelligent and well enough adjusted to eventually be able to laugh it off? Probably. Would others though? Probably not.

This was an act of self-centered ignorance, performed by someone who thinks that public nudity is ok (or more likely, who considers that portion of the AT corridor to be "wilderness" where anything goes). A juvenile effort to show their "individuality" because they are powerless to do so in real life, and do not have the financial wherewithall to do so on their own PRIVATE land.

rafe
09-27-2007, 09:15
I'm not advocating public nudity, on the AT or elsewhere. OTOH, I don't consider it one of the more serious social ills that we face in the USA. It's not even on the radar. All this hand-wringing about protecting the children... from what? The sight of a naked human? Please... Americans need to get over their prudery... (prudishness?) but that's all tied in to their religious heritage, so that'll never happen. For contrast, check out comparable attitudes in, say, Germany or Denmark or Holland. I don't think the incidence of child molestation or sex crimes is any higher there. Prolly lower, I'll bet.

MOWGLI
09-27-2007, 09:16
I met a hiker from Florida at Deep Gap Shelter in GA in the summer of '04. He had walked from Springer with his wife,and Youngblood & I had walked in from Dicks Creek Gap.

He and his wife were telling stories about their hike. He mentioned that he saw 3 totally naked coeds just north of Unicoi Gap sprawled out naked on a flat rock immediately next to the trail. They were bronzing.

I said something like, "yeah, but it's always the folks who should keep their clothes on who do that sort of thing."

They both said simultaneously, "Oh no, these young women were beautiful."

It's always the same story for me whether fishing or hiking. "Shoulda been here yesterday." ;)

MOWGLI
09-27-2007, 09:25
Another story.... I was talking to the Park Manager for Table Rock State Park in SC in '05. He was telling me stories about visitors who did dumb things in the park.

Some years back he received a call that there was a naked hiker in the park. He hurried out to the trail and found the naked hiker talking heatedly to a local who had his kids with him Poll said he was glad he got there when he did, because if he had arrived a few minutes later, the local would have pummeled the naked dude.

Poll took his Stetson hat off and made the guy cover his vital vittles with it. He arrested the guy, and the next day he put in an order for a new hat. :D

Imager
09-27-2007, 09:30
At the risk of sounding "deep" (not worried about ridiculous), our culture regards nudity and sex as closely linked, so an encounter with a nude person naturally generates fears that some kind of sexual event is occurring. One day we may get a little more rational about these things, but that day isn't here yet. Until then, folks should be considerate of the sensitivities of others, and keep "private" parts covered on the trail.

john august
09-27-2007, 09:46
John, I'm rather curious as to whether you would have posted this same warning if it had been a similarly undressed female hiker?
You know, I talked about that with my son (by the way he is 20 years old) and he mentioned to me that I was being awful hostile about the event and he asked me to consider whether I would have been so upset if it was a women. Quite frankly, I did not know how to respond other than to say probably not. I think at the time it was a matter of a percieved threat, I did have a can of Bear Mace with me and I did pop the safety off, when it became clear to me he meant no harm I elected not to use the chemical weapon. Had it been a women hiker, I don't think I would have even thought about the Bear Mace, calling the authorities, or posting this warning unless, she acted emotionally unstable, disoriented, or just plain crazy out of her head, then I would have done something to protect my son and me and her too, if required. I was also very concerned about another section hiker by the name of Lucky Lucy who was on the trail about the time we were and whether or not she, or anyone else, might run into this guy but like I mentioned before, this guy was calm, cool, and collected and I was expecting the candid camera people to pop out. More than anything else, I thought it was a joke.

LostInSpace
09-27-2007, 09:47
The same arguments, both pro and con, have been made for years about nudity on beaches.

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 10:13

wow. that's so deep. and ridiculous

Scared? No. Concerned, both for their own sakes, for that of others, and for conforming to the law, yes. Why? If a nude hiker meets youth, however innocently, it may be reported as being improper, and allegations such as that can be devastating, and take years to disprove, if ever. A highly public trail like the AT is not a place for random nudity.

TW

ryaex
09-27-2007, 10:48
First post here, Hi all.

Re the Naked Hiker. Whether it's wrong or not is hard to discern, our society at large is very conservative when it comes to this sort of thing yet from my from my point of view. I believe a person should be able to hike nude as long as he/she isn't infringing on the right's of others. As long as they are not flaunting or being perverse in their actions I believe the best thing a parent could do is to teach their children that though it may not be deemed appropriate by society in general, this person sees the joy and comfort of being nude to be a personal decision that they have the right to make. The human body is a part of nature as much as is a black bear or a squirrel and it is only our prejudices and influences from society that deem it inappropriate. If we were raised in papua/new guinnea or many places along equator, nudity would be a daily experience and not reqarded as such a taboo.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though it may not be your style (it certainly isn't mine). I do see no harm in it as long the person who is doing it takes measures to minimize any percieved threating behavior to others and the people that happen upon those walking naked should keep an open mind and be prepared to educate those around them that the naked human form is not something that is dirty/perverse/or immoral. It is simply a body without clothing. Our children are subjected to much worse on public television on a daily basis (Rape, murder, racial ignorances, and crimes of greed).

Now if the person is acting perverse, that's a whole different situation. Escpecially if it's towards children. (he probably wouldn't make it out of the woods if it were towards my daughter)

Thanks
Ryan

Alligator
09-27-2007, 11:04
Great post Ryan and you too Rain Man, right on the money.

To add further to Ryan's post, it's pretty evident whether a nudist is armed (or not:D) .

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 11:16
The human body is a part of nature as much as is a black bear or a squirrel and it is only our prejudices and influences from society that deem it inappropriate. If we were raised in papua/new guinnea or many places along equator, nudity would be a daily experience and not reqarded as such a taboo.

the naked human form is not something that is dirty/perverse/or immoral. It is simply a body without clothing.

having sex is part of nature. totally. so if two nude hikers were having sex in full view on the trail, that's ok then? nothing dirty/perverse/or immoral about two exhibitionst in love doing it. teach the children that is what grown ups in love do.

rafe
09-27-2007, 11:19
teach the children that is what grown ups in love do.

Not saying the AT is the best place for that lesson, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. :D

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 11:20
having sex is part of nature. totally. so if two nude hikers were having sex in full view on the trail, that's ok then? nothing dirty/perverse/or immoral about two exhibitionst in love doing it. teach the children that is what grown ups in love do.

Peeing is also part of nature. Same argument. Although it would be cool some day to enjoy LWs argument somehwere near the trail, but certainly out of plain view.:)

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 11:20
See, we are animals. At least some of us, but not me - I like clothes.

jnetx
09-27-2007, 11:33
consider whether I would have been so upset if it was a women. Quite frankly, I did not know how to respond other than to say probably not.
Thanks for an honest answer John.

I often backpack nude. Those that immediately want to ignore me in future postings because that automatically makes me a bad person, please feel free to do so.

I have had very few unexpected encounters with hikers while nude. I always consider where I am, if the trailhead is full of cars I just resign myself to a probably clothed hike. Either way I always walk for 20 minutes or so to get a good mile from the trailhead and confirm I am probably alone on the trail. I find that I generally hear folks coming and usually I will break off the trail if possible (as if taking a pee break) and wait till they pass. People hiking with children usually give ample notice because you hear them so far off. I always have a wrap or skirt handy to cover up if I can't get off the trail, etc.

The times I have been caught unawares was usually by a faster solo hiker approaching from the rear. Basically the only exposure is the bottom of my butt beheath my backpack. As they passed I have turned to the side of the trail and made the customary "great day for a hike" greeting. On the rare occasion of being approached from the opposite direction or an adjoining trail I again will turn to the side to minimize exposure and if possible cover up (with a bandana or sweat reg if nothing else).

I have never received an adverse reaction. One elderly couple who were quietly taking a break as I passed them were initially surprised, but actually invited me to join them and watch a family of deer nearby. I rewoved the pack and donned my wrap, at which time they stated that I didn't need to cover up on their behalf as it seemed quite natural to want to be naked in the woods.

Perhaps I have just been lucky in my choice of locations, and my willingness to get away from the trail.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 11:34
so what i'm getting from all this BS is that being naked is totally natural and parading in front of people is ok and people that have a problem should lighten up and accept it. after all we're animals like dogs, bears, squirrels, etc. and they're naked, have sex and relieve themselves in front of each other so humans should do the same. sounds cool to me. i'll start in the next hour by going for my daily run on the creeper, naked where lots of families are biking. i'll pee as i run

Alligator
09-27-2007, 11:37
so what i'm getting from all this BS is that being naked is totally natural and parading in front of people is ok and people that have a problem should lighten up and accept it. after all we're animals like dogs, bears, squirrels, etc. and they're naked, have sex and relieve themselves in front of each other so humans should do the same. sounds cool to me. i'll start in the next hour by going for my daily run on the creeper, naked where lots of families are biking. i'll pee as i runWhen you get back home, be sure to wad your undies back up when you put them on:) .

ryaex
09-27-2007, 11:40

So are fighting and killing, some things are just way beyond being socially acceptable. I do believe people having sex in public is pretty well beyond social acceptability no matter where you are. That doesn't mean your children shouldn't learn about, just at an age that is appropriate. We are animals but we are animals with reasoning power and consciousness. I said that the nudists should take appropriate measures not to infringe, maybe I should say that I believe they should cover themselves (at least the genital area) if given the oppurtunity when they see an encounter looming. I think common sense should play a role here.

My biggest concern is ignorance, people should remain open minded and be willing to at least try to see the other persons point of view and teach others to be the same way. It's called education. Education of the ways other people, cultures, societies, and religions think is imperative to all of us if we are to eliminate things like hate crimes, religious persecutions, and terrorism. Simple things add up and if we all keep an open mind and teach our children that even though they might not see things the same way as someone else it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

perception is a big part of this issue.

I'm not a nudist and never will be, but it doesn't bother me if someone else wants to be and I will teach my kids to be open and accepting of different people's beliefs.

Besides, isn't part of traveling on the trail the joy and excitement of the unexplored and unexpected things to be found around the next bend. And let's not forget the freedom of the great outdoors.

Thanks again.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 11:40
When you get back home, be sure to wad your undies back up when you put them on:) .

haven't worn "undies" in 20 years or so. now after being enlightened here i'm going naked everywhere cuz it's natural and that's what i'm gonna tell the judge

Alligator
09-27-2007, 11:44
haven't worn "undies" in 20 years or so. now after being enlightened here i'm going naked everywhere cuz it's natural and that's what i'm gonna tell the judgeThat's the spirit! Nude all the way to the courtroom!

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 11:45
We're looking for a right or wrong answer where neither exists. As with life it's the choices we make and how we consider them. Some people like to have a drink. Some would drink in front of children. Some never would drink in front of children. Some would drink and drive. Some would only drink at home. Some find the concept of putting alchol into their body downright detestable and some think anyone who has a drink is detestable.
Any of these scenarios might be absolutely right or wrong depending on your perspective. Even the most obvious right or wrong may not be to the next person for their own reasons. ("But officer I had to drive, I was too drunk to walk.")
There is no right or wrong answer, only opinions. BTW, if I've ever enjoyed nature au naturale, I always insured it was my experience only - because part of being a human is having the ability to consider other peoples sensibilities - and that they are as important to consider as your own.:)

ryaex
09-27-2007, 11:47
- because part of being a human is having the ability to consider other peoples sensibilities - and that they are as important to consider as your own.:)

Bingo, and that saying goes for those nude, and those clothed.

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 11:51
We're looking for a right or wrong answer where neither exists. As with life it's the choices we make and how we consider them. Some people like to have a drink. Some would drink in front of children. Some never would drink in front of children. Some would drink and drive. Some would only drink at home. Some find the concept of putting alchol into their body downright detestable and some think anyone who has a drink is detestable.
Any of these scenarios might be absolutely right or wrong depending on your perspective. Even the most obvious right or wrong may not be to the next person for their own reasons. ("But officer I had to drive, I was too drunk to walk.")
There is no right or wrong answer, only opinions. BTW, if I've ever enjoyed nature au naturale, I always insured it was my experience only - because part of being a human is having the ability to consider other peoples sensibilities - and that they are as important to consider as your own.:)

Hmm, last I checked drinking is legal in moderation and in acceptable establishments or locations and public nudity is illegal. Perhaps the right or wrong of it may be different in some people's eyes, but the law is what makes it right or wrong in civilization's eyes.

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 11:52
Bingo, and that saying goes for those nude, and those clothed.

Actually, it goes for a lot of issues in life where there is a dividing line in opinions. Thanks.:)

the goat
09-27-2007, 11:52
i'll pee as i run

make sure to step wide & dodge the dribble as you're finishing up.

rafe
09-27-2007, 11:56
... the law is what makes it right or wrong in civilization's eyes.

That's rather debatable, dontcha think? The law in many ways "represents" civilization, but attaching moral judgements to specific laws? I don't think so.

Eg., congress just passed a law vis-a-vis the US "relationship" to Iran. Where did "civilization" approve? I consider myself part of civilization, but I had nothing to do with that particular bill, except possibly having voted for one or more members of that august legislative body...

Alligator
09-27-2007, 11:56
And in honor of LW's conversion, I am going to wear a burqa next time I go hiking:jump .

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 11:59
Hmm, last I checked drinking is legal in moderation and in acceptable establishments or locations and public nudity is illegal. Perhaps the right or wrong of it may be different in some people's eyes, but the law is what makes it right or wrong in civilization's eyes.

You missed the point. And what civilization? 'Ours'? Did you mean our society? "Civilizations eyes" is quite a broad stroke. But basicaly, youmissed the point, doubtful that another explanation would help. But think back and ask yourslef if everyday and every moment of your life you have obeyed every law written in our society. If not, your point fades even moreso.

dixicritter
09-27-2007, 12:00
Why is it every thread lately has turned into a debate about law? :-? :confused:

Alligator
09-27-2007, 12:01
Hmm, last I checked drinking is legal in moderation and in acceptable establishments or locations and public nudity is illegal. Perhaps the right or wrong of it may be different in some people's eyes, but the law is what makes it right or wrong in civilization's eyes.No state law for public nudity in VT. It may be restricted in some towns.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 12:01
Why is it every thread lately has turned into a debate about law? :-? :confused:

cuz weasel is such a big influence here at Whiteblaze

saimyoji
09-27-2007, 12:05
There it is. Keep your weasel in your pocket and you'll be right as rain. :rolleyes:

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 12:19
That's rather debatable, dontcha think? The law in many ways "represents" civilization, but attaching moral judgements to specific laws? I don't think so.

Eg., congress just passed a law vis-a-vis the US "relationship" to Iran. Where did "civilization" approve? I consider myself part of civilization, but I had nothing to do with that particular bill, except possibly having voted for one or more members of that august legislative body...

Well, voting is our way of government and part of how Americans define how we conduct ourselves as a civilization. As individuals we may not always agree with every piece of legislation that is why we have certain freedoms to speak out, vote, etc. People may have different morals, but there are boundaries that civilization has enacted into our system of laws that we must follow or debate/vote to be changed. I am not going to debate this further other than to say we should wear clothes in public because our civilization has enacted into law that requires us to. If a group wants to change the law, then debating it here is not going to help much, IMHO. :)

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 12:21
You missed the point. And what civilization? 'Ours'? Did you mean our society? "Civilizations eyes" is quite a broad stroke. But basicaly, youmissed the point, doubtful that another explanation would help. But think back and ask yourslef if everyday and every moment of your life you have obeyed every law written in our society. If not, your point fades even moreso.

Yup, but I like some laws more than others and I don't want to see LW nekid in front of a judge. ;)

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 12:26

Maybe because we are all talked out of how to hike your own hike. :)

I am go back to lurking. I have better things to do anyway, like a warm up hike this weekend, before I hike in the Whites next weekend. Hiking is better than hanging here and debating ad nauseum. :cool:

ryaex
09-27-2007, 12:30
one last thing to ponder and I'm done.

When a "free society" such as ours here in the U.S. keeps enacting new laws on a regular basis, when is that "free" society no longer considered free?

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 12:30
Yeah, well, as I said before, ryaex, if that's so 'natural', go to a nice camp in the woods for kids, peel down, walk into the dining hall and start reading Shel Silverstein poems. Tell the cops when they arrive that it's all the kids' fault for being offended, and you weren't flaunting your genitals any more than the squirrel on the window was, and it's just all "natural" and wonderful and the kiddies need to learn that you felt such great joy.

Please use your one call to give me a call, professionally, if you have lots and lots and lots of money. You'll need it. If you don't have lots (and I'm talking pretty huge here, but if you don't know how much that is, give Mikey Jackson a ring), well, enjoy your stay. I'm sure the other inmates will love hearing about how you think children should learn to accept seeing nude men in 'natural' settings.

TW

TW

Wanderingson
09-27-2007, 12:32
After spending time ALL over the world, I have found one simple rule to live by--if the locals ain't doing it, it probably ain't cool.

Afetr spending 5 years in Japan where nude bathing (soaking) is part of the culture, I broke down many of the hangups I had about nudity. Yes, my friends, there are coed Onsens (thermal baths) as well. And yes, these are family places as well.I learned to look at it in a whole differnt light.

Many places in Europe have a very liberal thought process about nudity as well. Europeans have very few hangups about the naked body.

Now having said that, the American population does not know how to handle nudity. Right away we assume that nudity is a bad thing. That is the way we are programmed. Now I'm not saying this is good or this is bad--it's just the way it is. Unfortunately, there are a lot of sick SOBs out there that re-enforce this thought process by being sexual deviants and preditors.

OK, folks, don't go thinking I'm gonna run down main street butt naked ot even wander out on a trail like that--If the locals ain't doing it, it probably ain't cool.

There are many controlled environments where people who choose to be "natural" can do so and will will add that some of these places are rather peaceful.

I'll close my thoughts with saying that anyone who walks up on any child or group of children in the buff just AIN'T RIGHT.

Alligator
09-27-2007, 12:36
An interesting article on nude youth camps here (http://www.socalnaturist.org/forum/NudeYouthCamps_perspective.html), there was even one for boy and girl scouts.

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 12:41
cuz weasel is such a big influence here at Whiteblaze

if only

TW

ryaex
09-27-2007, 12:41
Yeah, well, as I said before, ryaex, if that's so 'natural', go to a nice camp in the woods for kids, peel down, walk into the dining hall and start reading Shel Silverstein poems. Tell the cops when they arrive that it's all the kids' fault for being offended, and you weren't flaunting your genitals any more than the squirrel on the window was, and it's just all "natural" and wonderful and the kiddies need to learn that you felt such great joy.

Please use your one call to give me a call, professionally, if you have lots and lots and lots of money. You'll need it. If you don't have lots (and I'm talking pretty huge here, but if you don't know how much that is, give Mikey Jackson a ring), well, enjoy your stay. I'm sure the other inmates will love hearing about how you think children should learn to accept seeing nude men in 'natural' settings.

TW

TW

Well I thought I was finished.

First off, Weasel, common sense does take priority. I believe anyone wishing to stand nude in front of Children from a western culture such as ours is obviously off track. Secondly, let's keep it mature huh. I'm not attacking anyone or trying to offend anyone. Jezz, I believe I said I'm not a nudist and never will be. I don't think I'd take my child on a trail that was full of them either. I just respect the right of others and hope they are as sensitive to my wishes and beliefs as I am to theirs. Meaning they would either not linger, cover up, or keep clothed on very busy trails.

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 12:42
An interesting article on nude youth camps here (http://www.socalnaturist.org/forum/NudeYouthCamps_perspective.html), there was even one for boy and girl scouts.

Yes, everything someone says on the Internet is true.

TW

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 12:45
TW

Sounds the same as having a beer in front of the kids. :rolleyes:

Alligator
09-27-2007, 12:45
Yes, everything someone says on the Internet is true.

TWI keep that dear to heart whenever I read your posts. Which, BTW, are up to 175 in the last seven days. That's 25 posts a day. Trollin' much?

saimyoji
09-27-2007, 12:48
Trollin' much?

Working little? :-?

Alligator
09-27-2007, 12:50
Working little? :-?I'm working as a man-servant. My son has a broken femur. Your excuse:-? ?

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 12:51
Well I thought I was finished.

First off, Weasel, common sense does take priority. I believe anyone wishing to stand nude in front of Children from a western culture such as ours is obviously off track. Secondly, let's keep it mature huh. I'm not attacking anyone or trying to offend anyone. Jezz, I believe I said I'm not a nudist and never will be. I don't think I'd take my child on a trail that was full of them either. I just respect the right of others and hope they are as sensitive to my wishes and beliefs as I am to theirs. Meaning they would either not linger, cover up, or keep clothed on very busy trails.

Ry, I'm not talking merely "law" here (although the consequences for someone in a situation like this can be vastly beyond anything they might imagine). Being nude in wild places may be acceptable in some situations, but frankly, the AT isn't a "wild place" much more than the San Diego Zoo is. Much of it has very high traffic, with a significant part of that being children and youth. This thread earlier referred to a naked man at a shelter, and another who came upon, and lingered with, a group of teenagers led by another (embarrassed) adult who knew him.

Those aren't "common sense" type things: A naked man at a shelter knows it is likely that others will appear, that the others won't know him (and whether he is harmless or aggressive or mentally ill), and that children are very possibly going to be coming by. That's just out of line. And so is a man who doesn't cover himself when he is by a group of teenagers, and that's not merely "not common sense" but incredibly risky for him in terms of criminal issues, particularly since there is almost no part of the AT that isn't in fairly conservative rural areas.

Leaving aside that there is no "right" to be nude in public - and the AT, as a National Scenic Trail is the epitome of "public" - a man (especially, given societal concerns about predatory pedophiles) has no "right" to stand nude in a shelter, making others legitimately concerned, nor does he have the right to stand nude and display his genitals in front of anyone's children without their parent's knowledge and consent.

THAT is common sense. If you really disagree, I suggest you discuss it with Wolf while he jogs nude up the trail and shows you how to pee while running.

TW

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 12:52
I keep that dear to heart whenever I read your posts. Which, BTW, are up to 175 in the last seven days. That's 25 posts a day. Trollin' much?

Nah. Glad my stats are so important to you. No day job?

TW

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 12:52
one last thing to ponder and I'm done.

When a "free society" such as ours here in the U.S. keeps enacting new laws on a regular basis, when is that "free" society no longer considered free?

When taxes on tea are so high that people dump it into Boston Harbor and form a new government that starts the taxation process all over again. ;)

Actually, the Supreme Court usually does a pretty good job protecting basic freedoms enshrined in the Constitution, but we all know that already. :)

Alligator
09-27-2007, 12:55
Nah. Glad my stats are so important to you. No day job?

TWAs usual, you fail to read the whole thread. See #92.

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 13:00
As usual, you fail to read the whole thread. See #92.

I read. I've also cared for family with fractures that didn't require 60/60/24/7. But femur doesn't seem to stand in the way of doing my stats, which is incredibly flattering. Calculate my ERA for me, by the way. Thanks.

TW

Alligator
09-27-2007, 13:01
I read. I've also cared for family with fractures that didn't require 60/60/24/7. But femur doesn't seem to stand in the way of doing my stats, which is incredibly flattering. Calculate my ERA for me, by the way. Thanks.

TW0/1000 is still 0.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 13:13
So, to wrap this up. If you want to hike naked do it on private land or at freak show nudists colonies. Keep your fat, bare asses off public trails. Y'alls opinions on this don't matter. I'm right, your wrong. End of discussion and thread.

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 13:16
0/1000 is still 0.

Thanks. That means the Cy Young is 4shure.

LW nails it. EOS.

TW

Alligator
09-27-2007, 13:25
Thanks. That means the Cy Young is 4shure.

LW nails it. EOS.

TWWell I never did play baseball:o. But seriously The Weasel, 25 posts a day for a straight week?

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 13:35
Well I never did play baseball:o. But seriously The Weasel, 25 posts a day for a straight week?

You weren't serious when you said you didn't play baseball? Ask me sometime how to type here when I'm on hold on the phone. It's a simple concept. Seriously.

;)

TW

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 13:37
I told y'all this thread was done. Take your childish BS to PMs.

Alligator
09-27-2007, 13:37
You weren't serious when you said you didn't play baseball? Ask me sometime how to type here when I'm on hold on the phone. It's a simple concept. Seriously.

;)

TWSo your mom is still alive then:D ?

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 13:55
Yup, but I like some laws more than others and I don't want to see LW nekid in front of a judge. ;)

All right TinMan. Well said and again an excellent point. So what venue do you want to see him naked in?:D :D Just kiddin

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 13:58
So your mom is still alive then:D ?

How kind of you to ask. I'll mention your interest the next time I speak with her.

She died in my arms in 1976 of a heart attack, a complication after surgery for the cancer she had fought for 19 years.

Thanks again for asking.

TW

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 14:06
So, to wrap this up. If you want to hike naked do it on private land or at freak show nudists colonies. Keep your fat, bare asses off public trails. Y'alls opinions on this don't matter. I'm right, your wrong. End of discussion and thread.

LW doesn't like trail magic on the trail either (in the form of food or drinks left by the trailside). I'm wondering if a beautiful naked girl hiked by him he'd still feel the same about either.:) :)

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 14:08
:) If a beautiful naked girl hiked past LW, he would STILL not want food or drinks left by the trailside!:)

TW

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 14:12
:) If a beautiful naked girl hiked past LW, he would STILL not want food or drinks left by the trailside!:)
TW

Really? Wow. That man really is an oak. LW is this true? ow picture and feel the moment as it passes before you answer.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 14:13
LW doesn't like trail magic on the trail either (in the form of food or drinks left by the trailside). I'm wondering if a beautiful naked girl hiked by him he'd still feel the same about either.:) :)

amendment: if you're a hot, fit babe between the ages of 18-40 then by all means hike naked in public. it's only natural for me to look

warraghiyagey
09-27-2007, 14:15
amendment: if you're a hot, fit babe between the ages of 18-40 then by all means hike naked in public. it's only natural for me to look

Here. Here. An honest man no doubt.:)

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 14:21
Here. Here. An honest man no doubt.:)

well in 21 years of hiking i've never seen a woman hiking naked. seen plenty of creepy friggin guys.

rafe
09-27-2007, 14:23
well in 21 years of hiking i've never seen a woman hiking naked. seen plenty of creepy friggin guys.

So it's the gender that's at issue, not the act. ;)

The Weasel
09-27-2007, 14:29
So it's the gender that's at issue, not the act. ;)

No, it's pretty clear that LW is opposed to any creepy friggin women hiking the trail nude, too.

TW

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 14:31
and there are other stipulations - she has to be hot, fit and legal, but younger than 40. ;)

Alligator
09-27-2007, 14:39
How kind of you to ask. I'll mention your interest the next time I speak with her.

She died in my arms in 1976 of a heart attack, a complication after surgery for the cancer she had fought for 19 years.

Thanks again for asking.
TWSad to hear that The Weasel. Sorry that after all this time a little bit of humor still brings out such terrible melancholy. I regret mentioning your mom in such a light-hearted way. No more kidding about your mom I promise. I don't want to add to any humorlessness you may be experiencing at this time. Not one bit. No, let the record show the real culprit is that SOB that has had you on hold all week.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2007, 14:43
and there are other stipulations - she has to be hot, fit and legal, but younger than 40. ;)

40 was a number i threw out. i've seen 50+ hotties in those Bow-Flex commercials

SGT Rock
09-27-2007, 14:47
Never tell a naked German hiker he is gross. It is a compliment.

Tin Man
09-27-2007, 14:48
40 was a number i threw out. i've seen 50+ hotties in those Bow-Flex commercials

Miracles of modern surgery, no doubt. ;) I am just referring to TV hotties. Actually, I know a few over 50 who are hot.

Monkeyboy
09-27-2007, 14:57
So was this guy's trail name "Peter Dragon"?

Roland
09-27-2007, 18:02
I've steered clear of this debate and don't plan to weigh-in, however I do have an observation.

There is no one from new england advocating for naked hiking.

There's a skeeter on my pe....

rafe
09-27-2007, 18:07
Never tell a naked German hiker he is gross. It is a compliment.

"gross" just means "big" in German. ;)

mudhead
09-27-2007, 18:10

Oregon. Off the beaten path. Course it was 15yrs ago, and they may all have grown fur for all I know.

mudhead
09-27-2007, 18:11
I've steered clear of this debate and don't plan to weigh-in, however I do have an observation.

Knock him off! uh, no...

aaroniguana
09-27-2007, 18:27
a tall red headed man wearing nothing but a green hat, boots and socks.

This describes me to a T but I can produce at least 12 eyewitnesses who will confirm that I was sailing the Potomac from Colton's Point to the Chesapeake Bay and back at the time.

And really, who wears a green hat with boots anyway? How gauche...

TinAbbey
09-27-2007, 18:33
well that was a waste of 15 minutes

aaroniguana
09-27-2007, 18:49
well that was a waste of 15 minutes

Was that for me?

Wanderingson
09-28-2007, 00:31
So was this guy's trail name "Peter Dragon"?

Actually, I think his real trail name was a combination of Spanish and Chinese heros.

Juan Hung Lo

bfitz
09-28-2007, 00:54
"gross" just means "big" in German. ;)In french it means fat.

saimyoji
09-28-2007, 11:42
Trollin' much?

Working little? :-?

I'm working as a man-servant. My son has a broken femur. Your excuse:-? ?

My post was directed at Weasel, not you, a suggestion as to why he would be so active lately. Sorry for the confusion.

As to my posting, I think you'll find I freely admit to shamelessly wasting company time. :)

Alligator
09-28-2007, 11:54
My post was directed at Weasel, not you, a suggestion as to why he would be so active lately. Sorry for the confusion.

As to my posting, I think you'll find I freely admit to shamelessly wasting company time. :)I thought it was odd, my bad as well. I wasn't exactly kicking home runs yesterday.

The Weasel
09-28-2007, 12:32
I thought it was odd, my bad as well. I wasn't exactly kicking home runs yesterday.

'Gator: As long as you "kick home runs" you can keep scoring my ERA as "0.00"!!!

:D :D :D

The Weasel

rafe
09-28-2007, 12:46
I wasn't exactly kicking home runs yesterday.

That's my kind of sports fan. Tho I used to go to football stadius to see Dead shows. ;)

[begins countdown for the usual dismissive, derisive LW response...]

Lone Wolf
09-28-2007, 12:48
That's my kind of sports fan. Tho I used to go to football stadius to see Dead shows. ;)

[begins countdown for the usual dismissive, derisive LW response...]

I saw Pink Floyd at Foxboro Stadium

Alligator
09-28-2007, 12:52
They play sports in those too??? All this time I thought the Giants were a rock band.

The Weasel
09-28-2007, 13:58
They play sports in those too??? All this time I thought the Giants were a rock band.

Well, They Might Be.

TW

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 15:03

Reminds me somewhat of the unofficial "Morality Police" in some middle Eastern countries, beating down folks for being public places and not strictly abiding by the morality cop's own exalted sense of absolute righteousness.

Gosh, it's good to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave!
:D

warraghiyagey
09-28-2007, 15:10
Reminds me somewhat of the unofficial "Morality Police" in some middle Eastern countries, beating down folks for being public places and not strictly abiding by the morality cop's own exalted sense of absolute righteousness.

Anyone participating in hike naked day next June raise your hand.

Imager
09-28-2007, 15:44
If there were a guaranteed offended-people-free section of the trail I would. But there's not (hand is down).

The Weasel
09-28-2007, 16:10

Well, Rain, as I've invited people twice before, you just tell me when you're gonna head for that kids' camp up in the woods so you can strip down in the dining hall while you act all innocent. If you've got lotsa money for legal fees, I'll even give you my phone number.

So you let it all hang "free" and show us how "brave" you are. I'll be sorta brave for you in court. Not for free tho. :D

TW

fehchet
09-28-2007, 16:32

Best laugh I've had in a long time, Rain Man

Imager
09-28-2007, 17:08
Well, Rain, as I've invited people twice before, you just tell me when you're gonna head for that kids' camp up in the woods so you can strip down in the dining hall
TW

This seems to be a scenario you like repeating. :-?

The Weasel
09-28-2007, 17:44
This seems to be a scenario you like repeating. :-?

No, but those who keep saying, "What's the harm?" about nudism in a fairly high-population trail (the AT isn't like being in Alaska, folks) seem to want to skip over the concept of how it's inappropriate in shelters (which is where this topic began) or when a group of teens appears (as an early post remarked on).

TW

saimyoji
09-28-2007, 17:53
Well, Rain, as I've invited people twice before, you just tell me when you're gonna head for that camp up in the woods so we can strip down while you act all indecent. If you've got lotsa money, I'll even give you my phone number.

So you let it all hang "free" and show me how "brave" you are. I'll be "brave" for you. :D

TW

Now isn't that sweet. :D

Heater
09-28-2007, 19:25

And don't be sportin' a woody when you do it. :banana

That's bad manners.

rafe
09-28-2007, 19:37
And don't be sportin' a woody when you do it. :banana

No that would be the last straw, so to speak.

Heater
09-28-2007, 19:41
Well, They Might Be.

TW

Whoooooooosh!

;):D

rafe
09-28-2007, 20:50
Whoooooooosh!

;):D

Yup, that was truly one of the more humorous & witty posts this week from The Weasel. Glad to see he's got his undies un-bunched a bit.

Frosty
09-28-2007, 21:51
I keep that dear to heart whenever I read your posts. Which, BTW, are up to 175 in the last seven days. That's 25 posts a day. Trollin' much?You COUNTED how many times he posted in the last seven days?!?! Whatever for?

Alligator
09-28-2007, 22:24
You COUNTED how many times he posted in the last seven days?!?!...I didn't actually count the posts, I counted the PAGES;) . Seven times 25 is 175. I think it took 20-30 seconds total, but I double checked it:cool: .

...Whatever for?To let him know that he was on tilt.

MikeG
10-01-2007, 11:11
intro to sociology should be mandatory for all people, and should be repeated every 5 years.........

Appalachian Tater
10-01-2007, 11:20
intro to sociology should be mandatory for all people, and should be repeated every 5 years.........

Statistics would be more useful in this instance. If you graphed people's behavior, you would get a distribution with two very long tails and a big lump in the middle. The big lump in the middle needs to learn to be more tolerant of the tails.

Why? Because: People generally do the best they can under the circumstances in which they find themselves. Thank goodness this guy has found an outlet for his primal need to be clothesless and isn't flashing little girls and old ladies in the grocery store. Or worse. He's going for a walk out in nature au naturel. Google reveals that he is far from the only one who enjoys this.

Perhaps we do need clothing-optional trails, just as there are clothing-optional beaches. That way it wouldn't surprise people to see a nude hiker coming down the trail.

MikeG
10-01-2007, 11:28
Statistics would be more useful in this instance. If you graphed people's behavior, you would get a distribution with two very long tails and a big lump in the middle. The big lump in the middle needs to learn to be more tolerant of the tails.

Why? Because: People generally do the best they can under the circumstances in which they find themselves. Thank goodness this guy has found an outlet for his primal need to be clothesless and isn't flashing little girls and old ladies in the grocery store. Or worse. He's going for a walk out in nature au naturel. Google reveals that he is far from the only one who enjoys this.

Perhaps we do need clothing-optional trails, just as there are clothing-optional beaches. That way it wouldn't surprise people to see a nude hiker coming down the trail.

fyi statistics are vital to sociaology as well as psychology. they are one in the same.

MikeG
10-01-2007, 11:30
clothing optional trails with warning signs are a great idea. however we dont have them and people need to understand that according to the current norms in our society it is unacceptable to walk in a public area naked and should be ready to accept the consequences, and or retaliation.

neo
10-01-2007, 12:46
how about exhibitionist perverted Ahole

:D that will work lol:cool: neo

Sly
01-04-2008, 16:45
How did I miss this thread? Oh I know, I was on the trail hiking. I see all the usual suspects are here bemoaning nudity.

Being ashamed of the naked human body, is a shame. What's a little genitalia? Everyone has it and it mostly looks the same.

NorthCountryWoods
01-04-2008, 17:02

You obviously haven't hiked in VT. It's like friggin Amsterdam on the trail.
Again, all dudes, usually old, wrinkled and creepy.

Lone Wolf
01-04-2008, 17:03
How did I miss this thread? Oh I know, I was on the trail hiking. I see all the usual suspects are here bemoaning nudity.

Being ashamed of the naked human body, is a shame. What's a little genitalia? Everyone has it and it mostly looks the same.

good. so we'll see you parading your naked ass around the NOC in a coupla weeks then?

dessertrat
01-04-2008, 17:08
"Naturalist" to me connotes someone who studies nature, not a nudist! Charles Darwin and Audobon were naturalists.

Here's the thing-- even if it doesn't bother someone to go naked in front of other people, you have to know that other people might be bothered by it. So why do it? Have some common sense and don't do it.

saimyoji
01-04-2008, 17:53
What's a little genitalia?

Speak for yourself. :banana

Lone Wolf
01-04-2008, 21:00
they call him vienna sausage for a reason