PDA

View Full Version : Baking

English Stu
09-26-2007, 14:12
Hi I’m just starting baking and bread making with alky stoves. Am I better off using a bigger aluminium pot rather than my MSR titanium mug? I have used pop can stoves for a several years but have always struggled making a good simmer attachment for baking. I use a cosy for rice dishes successfully .I have just had triangia stove given as a gift and reckon I might go with that as it carries more fuel for longer cooking and has a simmer ring. Any useful tips would be appreciated

outsidethebox
06-20-2008, 14:00
Long time for a post, but I'll give it a go. This works for me: Sno P 900 titanium pot with lid, 2 small aluminum pie pans, brasslight turo style alcohol stove. Put your dough in one pie pan, turn the other (punch some holes in it)upside down in the 900 pot. Set the dough pan on top of the other pan to separate it from the bottom of the pot. Put the lid on and set it over the stove (no water). On a low slow burn my stove will run about 20 minutes. The bread will be brown (browner on the bottom), hot and tasty! Try some bisquick with a little rye flour mixed in or a cake mix, soda pop, and canned fruit for a cobbler.

English Stu
07-10-2008, 11:30
Thanks
Sorry for the delay in seeing your post I will give this a try.

oops56
07-10-2008, 11:50
Here is one that i did it . Now if you use that trangia burner use a can cover on it . then you can open the simmer more.With the cover on burner then pot you don't get a hot sport in the middle.This was just a test go bigger pan next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMrl2BFIvV4