PDA

View Full Version : Night light tent.

Alligator
09-28-2007, 12:06
A tent (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39283148&memberId=12500226) with a night light!

OldStormcrow
09-30-2007, 01:38
So.....is that 16 lbs., 7 ozs. the weight with or without the car battery-sized U.P.S. that it takes to run this thing? You can plug it into the hookups at a campground running off of the comercial 110v and the little blue led's in the inside corners look cool, but it is strictly a car-camping thingy.

Marta
09-30-2007, 07:25
Wow! When they come out with the one-person model, they will be all over Georgia in the spring...

OldStormcrow
10-06-2007, 08:48
Maybe not all over Georgia, but there should be a few of them jetisoned at Hawk Mountain Shelter.....along with the usual assortment of iron frying pans, axes, extra pairs of boots, coleman two-burner stoves, G.I. mess kits from the Eisenhower era, etc. that people had the misconception of carrying all the way to Maine. Anytime you need some new "car-camping" gear, just run by any of the first Georgia AT shelters and it looks like the sporting goods department at WalMart.

Smile
10-06-2007, 10:34
Wow, why camp? The lighting in there looks like a few Motel 6's I've stayed at ;)

I guess if I was a kid or a scout or something, this would be VERY cool. :)

Kirby
10-08-2007, 13:20
When is the ultra light version due to be released?

Kirby

Pennsylvania Rose
10-08-2007, 13:46
UGH!!! I take my kids camping and backpacking to get them AWAY from their electronic obsessions!

littlelaurel59
10-08-2007, 21:28
My hammock has an ultralight nightlight. It's called the Moon!

shelterbuilder
10-09-2007, 12:41
Maybe not all over Georgia, but there should be a few of them jetisoned at Hawk Mountain Shelter.....along with the usual assortment of iron frying pans, axes, extra pairs of boots, coleman two-burner stoves, G.I. mess kits from the Eisenhower era, etc. that people had the misconception of carrying all the way to Maine. Anytime you need some new "car-camping" gear, just run by any of the first Georgia AT shelters and it looks like the sporting goods department at WalMart.

I'm curious - what do the shelter maintainers DO with all of that jetisoned equipment? Do the clubs have a giant rummage sale every year or give it to the thrift stores or what?

rafe
10-09-2007, 13:10
I'm curious - what do the shelter maintainers DO with all of that jetisoned equipment? Do the clubs have a giant rummage sale every year or give it to the thrift stores or what?

It ends up in a large Rubbermaid container and is used as prizes for the storytelling contest at the Gathering. Jester would know more about this.