PDA

View Full Version : Corridor Monitor Training

Old Hillwalker
09-29-2007, 21:03
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy AT Corridor Boundary Maintenance team from Boiling Springs, PA will be working in western NH from October 10th through the 20th. We welcome anyone who would like to receive training as an AT Corridor Monitor to join us for a day in the woods.

There is currently a shortage of AT Monitors for sections of the AT running from Woodstock, VT to Glen Cliff, NH

The annual time commitment is usually less than five days for most Corridor Monitors.

If interested, please PM me.

TomW

Mr. Clean
10-01-2007, 16:50
Any needed in the Whites or Mahoosucs?

mweinstone
10-01-2007, 23:07
hillwalker? can you gathering?

Old Hillwalker
10-02-2007, 14:29
Any needed in the Whites or Mahoosucs?

There sure are. Check out this Blog http://www.atcboundary.blogspot.com/

Old Hillwalker
10-02-2007, 14:33
hillwalker? can you gathering?

Hi Matthew, Yep-fur shore Iam. Going to depart new hampster thursday mornin to pick up a thru-hiking couple figgy & stitch in vermont and then come on down to penna to camp in a farmers field. Is his name Yasgur? Seems like I remember that name from my so-called life in the late sixties.

If it wasn't for flashbacks I wouldn't have any memories at all:eek:

Stitch_and_Figgy
10-20-2007, 15:58
Thanks for the Ride, Tom... You Rule!

Stitch and Figgy GA-ME 2007
http://bltadventure.blogspot.com

Old Hillwalker
10-21-2007, 18:03
Meeting and spending time with young people like you makes me hope I will live until at least a hundred just to see what you will make with this World. All the very best to you both.

mtnkngxt
11-02-2007, 14:49
Anyone know if there is anything going on down around WISE VA?

WalkinHome
11-03-2007, 15:22
Am heading up to Monson Thursday night to monitor my maintenance section from the wilderness south to Doughty pond. Will be re-painting yellow blazes, trimming, putting up signs and flagging some of the longer stretches. We have already found all of the monuments on this piece. Janice and I enjoy this so much that we have signed up for another piece a bit south around the Shirley-Blanchard Road which has one of it's boundaries using some shore line of Lake Hebron. We are really anxious to get out there and hunt down those monuments but first we have to finish what we started on the first piece and get that up to snuff. What a blast! Will be wearing bright orange and making lots of noise so as not to sound/look like a deer. Will spend a day for each survey line-how cool is that? 1.4 mile in on the survey line, bushwhack to the AT, 1.4 mile out via the AT. Repeat the second day. It doesn't get any better than that.