PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Ariel 55

earthbound
09-30-2007, 01:55
Has anybody actually weighed this pack themselves or know of a place where they don't just post manufacture's weight measurments? Any other remarks on this pack? Thanks!

bigcranky
09-30-2007, 09:28
Dragonfly's Ariel 55 weighs 61.5 ounces on my digital scale. I will let her comment on the performance of the pack, but I will say that she tried on about fifty packs before buying this one.

frieden
09-30-2007, 11:28
I bought the 90, but it was too big. I was afraid I would put too many things in it, and then couldn't lift it. Hey, I'm like that with my purse! I exchanged it for the 45, and I love it. Sorry, don't know about the 55. Has the suspension changed? The pack itself isn't a marvel, but the suspension (belts, straps, etc) will keep you hiking like the Energizer Bunny.

earthbound
09-30-2007, 12:59
I have tried on probably the same number of packs and haven't found a single one that seems to carry nearly as well as this pack. Weight is of secondary importance to pack performance for me because of my evil back. So, if it really is under four pounds, then i think I might have found my wonder pack! I also am considering the osprey talon 44, but at 44 liters, it might be on the small side.