PDA

View Full Version : Another Campmor down bag question....

optimator
10-01-2007, 15:18
Does anyone have any good pics of this bag? My girls (twins & 14) have both started backpacking with me this last summer, so I'm considering either the 20 or the 0 bag for Christmas presents. I've heard alot of good about these bags... But... the pics on the website are less than flattering :-? Can any of you help me out here? Actual weight, loft? Thanks, Opti..

taildragger
10-01-2007, 15:53
I've heard nothing but praise for these bags. I'm not sure if the 5" of loft is true, but the reviews I've heard on here and at trailplace nearly got me to buy one today (instead I splurged and got a helium)

leeki pole
10-01-2007, 16:08
I've got the zero and though it's not the prettiest bag in the world (kind of a 1960's hospital green color) the bag is fairly light and very warm, and I sleep cold. I've never weighed it, but I'd guess around 3 1/2 pounds for the 6 foot length. Loft is excellent, even after compressing all day in the pack. I just shake it out, gently! For the money, I don't think you can beat it. Just my two cents.

Shade
10-11-2007, 10:36
For the money it is very good, but dont rely on the temp rating or moisture repellant abilities. I use the bag all summer and have had a few chilly nights at 40 degrees with a wind.

whitefoot_hp
10-11-2007, 13:02
i will try to get a pick of my 20 degree long up ASAIC