PDA

View Full Version : South bound from Winding Stair Gap to Deep Gap

stumpy
10-02-2007, 17:34
Hey guys I am planning a trip from Winding Stair Gap to Deep Gap next week (Oct. 10th). I was wondering about water, is there any out there? If I have to carry all of my water for the trip (it is a short one so I should be able to do it) how much should I carry?

Thanks in advance!

Egads
10-02-2007, 20:18
I did this trip in early May and found water ~2.5 mi south of Rock Gap, at Beech Gap, & just south of the Standing Indian shelter. I did not check the water sources at the other shelters.

Good hiking

Egads

Ron Haven
10-02-2007, 22:40
Hey guys I am planning a trip from Winding Stair Gap to Deep Gap next week (Oct. 10th). I was wondering about water, is there any out there? If I have to carry all of my water for the trip (it is a short one so I should be able to do it) how much should I carry?

Thanks in advance!I have did several shuttles in these areas lately. All hikers tell me the water is ok. North of Winding Stair is where they are all encountering the problems.

stumpy
10-02-2007, 22:43
Thanks so much for the reply. Ron, I will calling you next sunday to set up a shuttle from Deep Gap to Winding Stair, or maybe Wayah Bald. Anyway, thanks for info. I will call you this weekend.

Ron Haven
10-03-2007, 20:03
Thanks so much for the reply. Ron, I will calling you next sunday to set up a shuttle from Deep Gap to Winding Stair, or maybe Wayah Bald. Anyway, thanks for info. I will call you this weekend.sure are welcome.