PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for us

little bear
10-02-2007, 22:30
For those of you who know my wife and I were expecting a baby with a due date of March 2008. We found out to day that the baby has a rare case of dwarfism that is fatal. The baby's rib cage will not grow big enough to support its lungs and let them develope. All the doctors that we have talked to said the chance for death is 100%.
Due to our Christian beleifs we are not going to abort the baby. We feel there will be more closure for us if my wife carries full term and delivers that baby and we are able to see it for about an hour, (from we have been told the life expectancy is).
I just ask that yall keep us in your prayers and thoughts, as this has been the toughest thing I have ever gone thru.

Thanks
Little Bear
AKA: Brandon & Leigh Davies

Appalachian Tater
10-02-2007, 22:34
This is an awful situation, and I hope that you and your wife find the strength to get through it, and never have to deal with anything like this again, and that you can find resolution sooner rather than later.

Skidsteer
10-02-2007, 22:38
Will do. Peace be with you.

Rouen
10-02-2007, 22:38
I hope things turn out for the better and your baby beats the odds.
what will the babies name be?

sparky2000
10-02-2007, 22:40
The prayer is said.

Natchez
10-02-2007, 23:05
I prayed for you

http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/838_what_i_said_at_my_granddaughters_funeral/

Trillium
10-02-2007, 23:12
Little Bear, I will pray for you, your wife and your baby. God bless you all.

Smile
10-02-2007, 23:15
I will pray for you. You are truly strong.

hiker5
10-02-2007, 23:21
I am praying for you and your family.

ShakeyLeggs
10-02-2007, 23:25
Prayer is said. May god bless you and watch over all of you.

The Weasel
10-02-2007, 23:32
You are, and your child will be, loved.

TW

greentick
10-02-2007, 23:33
Praying and will pray. We would do the same.

warraghiyagey
10-03-2007, 00:06
Peace to you and your loved ones.:)

camojack
10-03-2007, 01:09
Truly sorry to hear this...prayer going up.

ATSeamstress
10-03-2007, 01:15
May Christ's peace be with you and your family.

Ragamuffin
Philippians 4:4-7

thestin
10-03-2007, 02:35
You are in my prayers. I admire your faithfulness.

Nightwalker
10-03-2007, 05:12
I'm so very sorry, Brandon. I just had an old friend die yesterday, and I've been crying a good bit. I can't imagine how much harder losing a child is.

Hard times can draw you closer to God, and he will always be with you, even unto the ends of the earth.

N9ZYE
10-03-2007, 05:43
I prayed for you and your wife. Keep your faith in our Lord.

chiefduffy
10-03-2007, 07:17
God has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime. -Martin Luther

You and yours are in my prayers. As TW said, you are loved.

- Duffy

TJ aka Teej
10-03-2007, 07:21
I just ask that yall keep us in your prayers and thoughts, as this has been the toughest thing I have ever gone thru.

Thanks
Little Bear

You and yours are remembered in our prayers. God bless.

deadhorsejoe
10-03-2007, 07:37
Prayers sent. Will add you to the prayer list.

dixicritter
10-03-2007, 07:47
So sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers, little bear.

Wonder
10-03-2007, 08:10
I am so sorry for you and your wife. You are in my prayers.

hopefulhiker
10-03-2007, 08:24
May you find the strength to get through this.....

D'Artagnan
10-03-2007, 08:50
We met briefly at SORUCK '07. I am so sorry to hear about this and I want you to know, as others have, that you are in my prayers. A young couple I go to church with experienced the same and their strength and faith was a lesson I will never forget. I pray God will comfort you in the days to come and that you have peace.

brotheral
10-03-2007, 10:33
You're in my thoughts and prayers !! Stay close to God and your Faith.
BrotherAL

Gray Blazer
10-03-2007, 10:35
Thinking about you and praying for you. God bless your family.

Blissful
10-03-2007, 10:39
I'm so sorry. Praying for a miracle, favor and blessing for you both and your baby.

J5man
10-03-2007, 10:42
Prayers just sent in on your behalf. May God give you and your wife strength during this time and may He use your strong faith as an example to others who may not know Him as you do. I admire your decision and totally support it.

leeki pole
10-03-2007, 10:53
My wife and I will pray for your family every day. Be strong in the Lord, and He will direct your path. I'm sorry about the bad news, but your witness is awesome. God bless.
Keith

Suzzz
10-03-2007, 10:59
I know all too well what you are going through. Today of all days.... My daughter Caroline would be 12 today. She passed away a year and a half ago from a long illness.

Parents should not burry their kids but every once in a while life throws us a curve ball. At the time it's hard to accept and understand why it is happening but everything happens for a reason.

I will send you positive vibes. Good luck to you and your wife.

musicwoman
10-03-2007, 11:15
God Bless you and your family. May you gain strength through our prayers and your deep faith.

peanuts
10-03-2007, 14:57
my heart felt prayers for you and your wife.

-SEEKER-
10-03-2007, 15:18
Thoughts and prayers from here.

shelterbuilder
10-03-2007, 15:57
Prayer said. And may the peace of God descend upon your house, and the love of God enfold you.

little bear
10-03-2007, 16:15
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, as for the baby's name we have not picked one out yet. The day (10-01-2007)we found out our little angle was not going to make it, was the day we were suppose to find out the sex of the baby. And then yesterday (10-02-2007) when we went back to talk to the doctors they finally told us that it was a boy we are having. That hurt me more than I thought it would, because that is what i had been praying and hopeing for, man I cryed and cryed.
It has been tough the past two days and my wife and have been talking about it and dont know what we are going to do. I know what I want to do (not aborting the baby) but I dont know that I will be able to take the pain of seeing and holding my baby for that short of time and then having to go home without him. I have never felt this LOST and HURT.

Please continue to pray for us.

Thanks
Brandon & Leigh Davies

Bolo
10-03-2007, 16:22
little bear,
there are a lot of folks on this site who are sending their prayers and strength to you.
We are all praying.
-Bolo

Cannibal
10-03-2007, 18:04
little bear- one of my closest friends thoughout my life had a similar experience many years ago. They chose the same path as you. It's been alomst 15 years since. They still celebrate her birthday and I promise you not a single day passes that they don't cherish the hours they got to spent with her. As bad as it hurt, I don't believe they would do a single thing differently if given the choice. The baby's name is Heather.

I wish you the very best my soul has to offer.

Rasputen
10-03-2007, 22:24
little bear- 7 years ago my wife and I went in for our first ultrasound. As I stood there holding my wife's hand flooded with emotions of joy and anticipation we were told "there is no heart beat". I can't even begin to express the feelings of loss and sorrow I felt. We prayed and turned it over to God and eventually we were blessed. There are no words that can sooth a broken mother and fathers heart at the loss of their child. I pray that the lord will bless you. My thoughts and prayers to you,your wife and son.. Mark......

frieden
10-03-2007, 22:55
little bear, may God bless your family. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Don't lose hope, and please, do not lose faith.

buckowens
10-04-2007, 07:38
God bless you and yours.

toddhiker
10-04-2007, 10:25
Your family is in my prayers.

Altared
10-04-2007, 11:41
Brandon and Leigh,
I pray for God to give you strength through this experience. My niece and her husband also went through a similar situation. Because of their strong faith in God, they decided to wait and deliver the baby. They did, and had closure like you said. Even though it was a tragic experience, they shared it together. Since then thsy have has three healthy children.

TOW
10-04-2007, 12:17
For those of you who know my wife and I were expecting a baby with a due date of March 2008. We found out to day that the baby has a rare case of dwarfism that is fatal. The baby's rib cage will not grow big enough to support its lungs and let them develope. All the doctors that we have talked to said the chance for death is 100%.
Due to our Christian beleifs we are not going to abort the baby. We feel there will be more closure for us if my wife carries full term and delivers that baby and we are able to see it for about an hour, (from we have been told the life expectancy is).

Thanks
Little Bear
Brother, you know I love you. I have thought of you and your wife often and now I know why. You are definetly in my prayers.

No matter what happens in this life, I have come to understand that nothing, absolutely nothing happens in this world by mistake. Even though I don't have a clue as to why some things go the way they go other than there is something that I need to grasp a hold of and learn I am learning to accept life on lifes terms.

He lives and He loves you and your family beyond any love that you or I can ever bestow on another, or that we can even comprehend.

My phone number is 276-475-3470. I am out of town on the weekends working, so call Monday thru Thursday's.

Love ya,
TOW

faarside
10-04-2007, 12:33
I am truely sorry to hear your news. Your faith and love will carry you through. Peace to you, your wife, and your baby who, I pray, will "beat the odds". You are in my prayers.

God Bless.

Waterbuffalo
10-05-2007, 08:16
Many prayers go to you and your family My wife and I are expecting April 2008

gypsy
10-05-2007, 14:35
I pray for grace to be sent your way and comfort:)

Kirby
10-05-2007, 14:46
I am sorry for your loss. I send all the best.

Kevin

GREEN THERAPY
10-05-2007, 18:50
You are in my prayers. The Doctors told us that our first grandson would not live more than a few days. He is now 8 years old. God Bless and keep you close.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-05-2007, 19:49
Prayers, Prayers and more prayers - and a Dino tail wrapped around you for comfort.

Lucky Dog
10-05-2007, 20:27
I'm praying, and put you on our prayer list at Church.

tha
10-05-2007, 20:35
May God bless you for your strength and faith.

What an awful story! You have been, and will continue to be, in my prayers.

All my best.

Tim

Nightwalker
10-05-2007, 22:21
I'm praying, and put you on our prayer list at Church.

I did the same thing. I print the bulletins, and you're in there.

tripp
10-05-2007, 22:26
I am deeply saddened to hear of your plight. You are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and all of my family's as well. I wholeheartedly think you guys are making the right decision for what its worth.

WILLIAM HAYES
10-06-2007, 08:46
I have tears in my eyes as I type this. I will pray for god to give you strength and courage.I know some of your emotions my first son almost died at birth, I felt like I was in a time warp for days.until he got better, God bless you a nd your wife in the days ahead

Hillbilly

drdewrag
10-06-2007, 09:00
I hope you find God to be real to you through His holy Spirit during this time. He is able!

mindi
10-08-2007, 05:34
You are all in my prayers.

little bear
10-08-2007, 11:02
Thanks for everyones prayers and nice words of support...we are doing better with the sadness, God is giving us the strength to get through the days. White Blaze is definetly a good group of people and a close knit hiking family that look after each other in times of need. again thanks everyone.

Little Bear

middle to middle
10-08-2007, 13:53
I will pray for you and your family today.

Tom

stickman
10-08-2007, 16:53
LB, I am truly sorry to hear about this, and I'm sure the prayers and meditations of the whole WB community goes out to you in this sad time.

Stickman

strnorm
10-08-2007, 17:20
we will be praying for you and your family, God Bless

envirodiver
10-09-2007, 12:57
God bless you and your wife and give you strength in this time. My prayers to you.

Toolshed
10-09-2007, 13:06
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

pixel
10-09-2007, 14:57
There's a Scripture that describes this life as a "tent". When I think of it that way it's comforting. Life is short...with so much to learn! While I live in this "tent" I am learning to love, forgive, trust, believe....all the things I will need to live in my "home" one day. For me that "home" is the Kingdom of God. It's as real a place to me as the trails we all love to share stories about with each other on this site. I am so sorry for your pain....I can't even imagine knowing what words to give as comfort to you...but something that comes to mind is that for your little one the "tent" and the "trail" won't be necessary. Your little one will start out in their "home" the day they're born.... and Love and forgiveness and trust and belief will already be as natural to them as breathing is to us.

Sly
10-09-2007, 15:07
oh wow, little bear that's awful news, stay strong. :(

lostjohn
10-09-2007, 23:36
Thank you for your commitment and faith. Please Know that I have prayed for you and will also have my Sunday School class do the same.

Because He Lives!

rtr

Mini-Mosey
10-12-2007, 00:50
God comfort and strengthen you and your family, Little Bear.

Summit
10-12-2007, 15:12
Little Bear,

If we can depend on God's Word (and I believe very strongly that we can), then James 5:16b should be very comforting to you, based on all these wonderful people's prayers (and mine) for you:

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. (NLTse)

God bless you and your family,
John

High Life
10-13-2007, 08:49
I'm so sad to hear this . My heart and prayers to you and your wife
God Bless

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-13-2007, 09:13
::: Dino peeks into curled tail at Mr. & Mrs. Little Bear, gives them a kiss on the forehead and continues praying :::

horicon
10-13-2007, 11:29
You are in myprayers.

SawnieRobertson
10-13-2007, 20:26
What a pleasant life you are giving your little one right now. He swims, he eats, he kicks, he smiles. Your decision is honoring life, obviously not life as you would have it be, but life as it is for him. When is the due date? And prayers, yes, prayers, for breakthroughs in science that fit his timetable.--Kinncikinic

little bear
11-30-2007, 23:31

Thanks
Little Bear

As many of you are aware my wife and where dealing with some problems concerning our expecting child. This morning at 3:00 am Leigh delivered a baby boy named Tristan, who God then called home to be with him.
This has been very difficult for us as well, when we left the hospital today and were not able to take home our son. We have to start thinking about the funeral and making plans. So I just ask that those of you who have supported us, continue to pray for us in our time of grief.

Brandon Davies

Summit
11-30-2007, 23:55
Brandon and Leigh,

I am so sorry! May God give you special strength and remind you of His love for you. His ways are higher than our understanding and He WILL work all things for good for those who seek Him. Stand strong in the knowledge of The Holy One!

warraghiyagey
Grace
Peace
Comfort
A strong hand reaching
Tender arms embrace
Love is live
And life more than face
The precious hand
yours to hold
beyond this
place

Skidsteer
May peace and comfort abound to you and your wife. I am so sorry for your loss.

OregonHiker
12-01-2007, 00:02
As many of you are aware my wife and where dealing with some problems concerning our expecting child. This morning at 3:00 am Leigh delivered a baby boy named Tristan, who God then called home to be with him.
This has been very difficult for us as well, when we left the hospital today and were not able to take home our son. We have to start thinking about the funeral and making plans. So I just ask that those of you who have supported us, continue to pray for us in our time of grief.

Brandon Davies

I too have walked that path and truly share your sorrow

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-01-2007, 06:44
Brandon and Leigh, there are no words any of us can say that would be adequate. I hope knowing that the love and prayers of the WB family are with you will give some measure of comfort.

Maple
12-01-2007, 07:01
I can't even imagine the grief you and your wife must be going through Little Bear. You are in our hearts and in our prayers.

Ashman
12-01-2007, 09:19
I joined WB after you started this thread and just came across it. Brandin I don't know you or your wife but I do know our God and I pray that he would send his minstering angels to you and your precious bride. That the two of you would be able to lean into His arms for comfort. I pray against any attack on your marriage or attempt to use this as a wedge to drive you apart from one another. My heart aches for this brother and sister in Christ and pray the comfort that only He bring for them. I pray this in the name of Jesus, Amen.

dixicritter
12-01-2007, 09:42
More prayers for you and your family, Little Bear.

JAK
12-01-2007, 09:54
Tristan is a good name, full of mystery. Who knows what might have been, or whence angels come. Our prayers are with you both and to Tristan.

berninbush
12-01-2007, 10:18
Matthew 18

"He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. "And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. ..."See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

A special little boy is sitting in God's lap today. God and Tristan are smiling at one another, full of joy that they are able to meet face to face so soon, and I know God's telling him all about you and they're just waiting for you to join them so that the party can begin. There's no sadness there.

But it's hard for those who have to wait here. Jesus wept over death even when He knew it was temporary. You'll be in my prayers.

Farr Away
12-01-2007, 10:21
I am so sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

-Tammy

Jaybird62
12-01-2007, 10:43
May a peace that can't be put into words surround you and your wife- The Lords healing hands

Smile
12-01-2007, 11:11
Prayers to Creator and heartfelt support for you both from our home to yours.

Roots
12-01-2007, 11:12
I am truly sorry for your loss. Please know that your WB family is here praying for you.

Lone Wolf
12-01-2007, 11:16

Brandon Davies

there are no words...
so, so sorry

wrongway_08
12-01-2007, 20:37
At a loss for words, sorry to hear.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-01-2007, 20:43
Just lit a candle for Tristan and prayed for Brandon and Leigh to be comforted.

rlharris
12-01-2007, 22:21
Thank you, Little Bear, for the update. Your family has been on the prayer list at my church since you made the first post. 'Tis a glorious thing to be able to be with our Lord. Tristan got his invitation ahead of the rest of us.

napster
12-01-2007, 22:34
LB I pray the confort of our Father be with you all. . He will never put more on us then we can bear. This to will pass. Praise Him in the good times and in the hard times. Peace ,Confort and understanding to you all.
N......

Mountain Maiden
12-01-2007, 22:53
You and your family are in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers. God bless you and comfort you as only He can.

Many, many hugs and much love,

Sunny

Alligator
12-02-2007, 00:26
May the love of your family surround you
May the strength of your friends sustain you
Know that strangers share your grief.

greentick
12-02-2007, 00:42
I pray that you will be blessed...

mkmangold
12-02-2007, 02:34
Please email me at [email protected]

mkmangold
12-02-2007, 02:41
We're very sorry to hear that, too. Please send an email our way: [email protected]

Ron Haven
12-02-2007, 03:09

Brandon DaviesBrandon & Leigh,We are so sorry to hear this.I think a lot of you both.So So Sorry.Ron and the Haven Family

roy_hiking
12-02-2007, 04:24
Little Bear, my prayers are with you and your wife.

catscastle
12-02-2007, 05:05
Prayers to you all.

surefoot
12-02-2007, 05:48
Saying a prayer for you and your family little bear.

TOW
12-02-2007, 06:38
Little Bear, by now you have recieved my email. I love you and care for you as a brother. My home and my heart is open to you and your wife if you feel the need.

Come to Damascus and rest a spell. Perhaps a change of your surroundings with good company in the fellowship will do wonders.

May your God see you and your wife through this difficult time. I know He will as long as you let Him.

Wonder
12-02-2007, 11:21
What can be said....I'm so sorry. So very sorry.

Miss Janet
12-02-2007, 16:28
I am so sorry for your loss. There really are no words that will help right now... I know. Take care of yourself and each other. And don't let people tell you what you should do right now.
www.aplacetoremember.com try this website for ideas for ways to memorialize your son.

peanuts
12-02-2007, 19:06
there are no words that can be said. so sorry for your loss.

Skippy
12-02-2007, 20:00
I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time

little bear
12-02-2007, 21:24
Thanks to all of my White Blaze friends who have shown us support over the past several months. Today at 2:00 pm I layed to rest my son Tristan Davies. He had a large gathering of friends and family. Again I thank ALL of you who have supported us and sent loving and caring thoughts and prayers are way, It has meant a lot in this very hard and sad time. I hope one day I can meet those of you who I dont know and thank you personaly.

Brandon & Leigh Davies
Little Bear & Honeysuckle

Robusto
12-02-2007, 22:51
There are no words to express my sorrow for you and your family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

George and Allyson

Blissful
12-02-2007, 23:44
God be with you.

<Hugs> to you all.

kayak karl
12-03-2007, 01:59
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Have faith in what u are doing and and all will be well with HIM. Your in my prayers.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-03-2007, 06:19
::: Dino wraps a loving tail around Brandon & Leigh and prays for God to help them heal :::

canerunner
12-03-2007, 08:44
God's ways are a mystery, but whatever happens works for good to those that believe. God has a reason for everything that happens, and His way is always best, even when it hurts us to have to be separated from our loved ones.

From Philippians 4:

4 (sword:///Philippians%204:4) Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 (sword:///Philippians%204:5) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 (sword:///Philippians%204:6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 (sword:///Philippians%204:7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

May the Peace of the Lord be with you now and always!

Dan

Chaco Taco
12-06-2007, 22:59
Hang in there buddy. Im thinking about you guys often.

Tinker
12-06-2007, 23:59
You've got my prayers, brother. Keep the faith.

Dan

Leon Smith
12-07-2007, 08:57
For a short time all three of you are able to grow together. As parents you honor life, thus an understanding of life has been revealed to you. Therein you are blessed. ...May our merciful God guide your heart and comfort you with the Holy Spirit. In the name of Christ Jesus I pray.

Leon Smith, aka Uncle Satch

nitewalker
12-07-2007, 09:16
little bear&hunnysuckle, truly sorry for your loss.

life can be a real cruel and crazy thing, keep the faith and hang in there. the holidays are moving upon us so now is a time to heal and be with family. most people neglect family untill a family tragety happens. time and time alone will heal your wounds so take a step back for the next few weeks and enjoy what you presently have around you. the best healing is to remember........peace be with you both and your famly. happy holidays, nitewalker

johnny quest
12-07-2007, 09:34
prayers for your strength and grace. thank you for being this strong and loving.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-07-2007, 10:04
::: Dino wraps loving tail around entire family :::
Continued prayers for God's healing hand to touch all of you and for this to bring Brandon & Leigh closer together as a couple. Anger is a natural part of grieving. Remember to be angry at the disease that took your child, not at each other. Sometimes it is really hard to remember that.

Summit
12-07-2007, 10:32
Brandon and Leigh,

When King David and Bathsheba lost their newborn son, David replied "Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me." 2 Samuel 12:23

What a tremendous assurance by King David, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, that the two of you will be reunited with Tristan and spend eternity together in the presence of Almighty God! May God nurture your wounds in this lifetime and remind you of the coming blessings we will have in the eternal New Heaven and Earth! PRAISE GOD!

D'Artagnan
12-07-2007, 10:39
Brandon and Leigh,

You have been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to see you again soon.

Jim Brown

MtnTrail
12-07-2007, 14:57
Will keep you in my prayers for serenity, grace and comfort. Many hearts are with you during this time.

driller
12-07-2007, 20:54
Situations like yours really put my problems into perspective. I admire your openess and thank the Lord for my blessings. You and yours are in my prayers.

Joey
12-21-2007, 17:23
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

copythat
12-21-2007, 19:05
... we are not going to abort the baby. We feel there will be more closure for us if my wife carries full term and delivers that baby and we are able to see it for about an hour ...

my cousin went through a similar experience a few years back. based on what he has shared about his experience, i believe you have made the right decision.

i wish you strength.

88BlueGT
12-25-2007, 02:38
I just got back from church and I said a prayer for you and your family. I wish you and your family luck.

little bear
05-01-2008, 11:36
^Thanks to everyone who keep Leigh and myself in your thoughts and prayers over the loss of our son. I just returned home from hiking late last night night and my wife suprised me with the great news that she is pregnant again.:banana So will you guys once again keep us in your prayers that this baby will be born healthy and with no medical problems.

Thanks again to my White Blaze family for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.

I look forward to meeting those of you who I have not yet meet at Trail Days.

Little Bear

SGT Rock
05-01-2008, 11:37
Good luck with that new baby.

peanuts
05-01-2008, 11:48
congratulations on the good news!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-01-2008, 11:49
::: Dino seen offering up fervent prayers for Brandon & Leigh to be blessed with a healthy baby :::

StarLyte
05-01-2008, 11:57
Little Bear I sure would like to give you a BIG BEAR hug. :sun

Hooch
05-01-2008, 12:02
Little Bear, congratulations to you and your Mrs. on the pregnancy! Awesome news! Best wishes to you both and baby Little Bear for a happy and healthy pregnancy. I'm moving to NC at the end of the month, maybe we can hit some trail some time.

MOWGLI
05-01-2008, 12:05
Best of luck and best of health to your wife and the wee one (and you too)! My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

envirodiver
05-01-2008, 12:11
Wonderful news for your family. Best wishes from here, thoughts and good vibes thrown your way.

auburnbreeze
05-01-2008, 12:12
Major prayers and good thoughts for you, Mrs and "wee little bear". Hope and love to all!

wakapak
05-01-2008, 12:19
Congrats to you Little Bear, and to your Wife!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys for a happy, healthy little one!!!

The Weasel
05-01-2008, 12:22
Bear,

God, and our thoughts, are with you always.

TW

Jaybird62
05-01-2008, 12:28
You will be in my thoughts and prayers bear. I am so glad to hear this wonderful news, and wish you and your family all the best, brother.

Jerm
05-01-2008, 12:29
Congrats and my thoughts are with you. My wife and I have a future hiker on the way in October.

le loupe
05-01-2008, 12:30
John 5:28 & 29 "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,and will come forth;"

Dan. 12:2 "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life"

I'm sorry for your family

warraghiyagey
05-01-2008, 13:00
:sun:sun:sun

Just Jack
05-01-2008, 13:05
I'm just so sorry to hear about what you and your wife have had to deal with. But, I'm
also very happy for you both that you have another baby on the way. Prayers have
been sent and will continue to be sent. Thank you for your witness of faith. You have
helped me with my faith--and I'm sure many others. In Jesus name.

Blissful
05-01-2008, 13:09
I'm so happy for your news of a baby on the way.

D'Artagnan
05-01-2008, 13:22
Man, you just made my day! I am so glad to hear this and I will continue keeping you guys in my prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and a big ol' happy, healthy baby.

BTW, where are y'all staying during Trail Days? We'll have to get together and break some bread.

trailblazer30577
05-01-2008, 14:01
Your faith is applied to your child, given the grace that is available through your own. (This is an application of family ties that bring redemption as shown in Paul's writings.) This will be a situation similar to when Jesus came down from the Mountain following His transfiguration. Throughout the situation, you will be able to relate to the father whose child was in great need, who, seeing Jesus, and hearing His voice, exclaimed "I believe... help me overcome my unbelief!" Some days in your near future will be easier than others, but your relationship with the child will never end, on the other side of Jordan. Faint not, for hope forever springs eternal.

Thru Hiker Wife
05-01-2008, 14:20
LB, So sorry to hear of your previous loss. You and your wife are very strong individuals and have been rewarded with such a precious gift! Wishing you and yours peace and happiness and wonderful things to come!

buff_jeff
05-01-2008, 18:10
I'm really sorry to hear that. I don't know you personally but I know you'll make it through this. We always do.

Heater
05-01-2008, 18:44
^Thanks to everyone who keep Leigh and myself in your thoughts and prayers over the loss of our son. I just returned home from hiking late last night night and my wife suprised me with the great news that she is pregnant again.:banana So will you guys once again keep us in your prayers that this baby will be born healthy and with no medical problems.

Thanks again to my White Blaze family for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.

I look forward to meeting those of you who I have not yet meet at Trail Days.

Little Bear

That is great news, Little Bear!

I am very happy for you! :sun:sun

Mercy
05-01-2008, 19:29
Congratulations to you and Leigh! My prayers are with you.

Mercy

Tinker
05-01-2008, 21:18
The Lord is truly with us in bad times and in good.
"Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses evry thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:6 &7.
Peace and congratulations on your latest victory.
T.

CrumbSnatcher
05-01-2008, 22:03
brandon and leigh, our thoughts and prayers are with you. congrats on the great news. my baby girl turns 7 months old sunday. we also our moving to your area soon. . hope to run into you guys. god bless you

Summit
05-01-2008, 22:32
Little Bear,

God allows trials and tragedies in our lives to draw us to Him. I pray that your recent loss has done that. Remember, after King David and Bathsheba lost a child, God then blessed them with Solomon. May He bless you and your wife in unspeakable ways also. Rejoice in the Lord always!

little bear
12-25-2008, 19:31
Well just to let all of ya who know us, and knew that Leigh is pregnant, we are in the hospital, at UNC and she has just gone into labor. We are happy she is doing well, she has been strugeling with her platelets this entire pregnacy, and they have just come up a healthy level for her to deliver, so they are assisting her into labor. Once again I ask my WB family to pray for Leigh and Dylan through this happy/nervious time. I will let yall know when he is born.

LB
Brandon

Lone Wolf
12-25-2008, 19:34
god bless your family

peanuts
12-25-2008, 19:36
sending good wishes for a good healthy trouble free deliver. it would be a great chirstmas gift....:sun

berninbush
12-25-2008, 19:51
god bless your family

Ditto that. Keep us posted! :)

Marta
12-25-2008, 21:32
Best wishes for the best possible Christmas gift!

Tinker
12-25-2008, 22:12
God is good, all the time.
May He bless you and yours this Christmas season and give you a healthy, happy baby.

lostjohn
12-25-2008, 23:31
Hope by the time you see this that all is well. Praying for you and your family during this time.

Because He Lives!

lostjohn

Blissful
12-25-2008, 23:33
Good news!!!

prain4u
12-26-2008, 02:26
As a pastor, and as the father of two children who spent many months in children's hospitals, I will be praying for you and your child. I suspect that the upcoming days and weeks will be challenging ones for all of you, but it is my belief that God will be with you (and the baby) every step of the way.

prain4u
12-26-2008, 02:59
I need to somewhat apologize for my previous post. I saw your INITIAL post in this thread (which discussed the upcoming birth of a child who was not expected to live) and I sent my previous email before I saw your "new" post regarding the upcoming birth of your current baby. Congratulations on the upcoming birth--and I am indeed praying for all of you and celebrating your joy.

little bear
12-26-2008, 16:15
On 12/26/2008 @ 3:08 AM Dylan Christian Davies was born in Chaple Hill NC. He weighs 7 lbs 11 oz and is 21 in long. He is my little bundle of joy........thanks to everyone who has kept us in your prayers and thoughts over the last 13 months, as we have lost one son and then had complications with this pregnancy. Praise the good Lord that he brought us Dylan safely.

Brandon & Leigh Davies
Proud parents of Dylan

Lone Wolf
12-26-2008, 16:16
:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun:sun

Skidsteer
12-26-2008, 16:20
Great news! Congratulations. :)

peanuts
12-26-2008, 16:28
wonderful news!!!! congratulations:sun:sun

Mercy
12-26-2008, 16:32
Congratulations!

wrongway_08
12-26-2008, 16:36
Congratulations! Great news :)

BumpJumper
12-26-2008, 16:49
What a great Christmas gift that was......Thank God.

Chaco Taco
12-26-2008, 19:14
Oh man I am so happy for you guys. I was remembering our hike last Christmas and wondering how it was going. Just left you a voicemail. I am so happy for you, it made my Christmas. Way to go and Welcome Dylan!

Waterbuffalo
12-26-2008, 20:33
glad to hear

berninbush
12-26-2008, 21:18
Welcome Dylan, and mucho congratulations!!!

2011_thruhiker
12-26-2008, 21:58
My husband and I will keep you and your family on our prayer chain always. May God cradle you, your wife and the baby in HIS arms always.

1Corr 13:13 Faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these thing is love.

little bear
12-26-2008, 23:23
here is a picture of my little man5354

Marta
12-26-2008, 23:26
What a sweet baby! Congratulations, and best wishes for the future.

Sly
12-27-2008, 00:52
Excellent news. Congratulations. Hugs to Leigh.

(time to listen to some Dylan)

Gaiter
12-27-2008, 03:03
Congrats!!!

Chaco Taco
12-27-2008, 19:18
You guys done real good my friend

Ron Haven
12-27-2008, 22:27
On 12/26/2008 @ 3:08 AM Dylan Christian Davies was born in Chaple Hill NC. He weighs 7 lbs 11 oz and is 21 in long. He is my little bundle of joy........thanks to everyone who has kept us in your prayers and thoughts over the last 13 months, as we have lost one son and then had complications with this pregnancy. Praise the good Lord that he brought us Dylan safely.

Brandon & Leigh Davies
Proud parents of DylanLittle Bear,I am so proud for you and your wife.:) You both got the ultimate holiday gift.Ron & Family

OverLoad
12-28-2008, 00:22
My heart truly go out to your family. On a positive outlook It’s my belief that your child has been given instant access to heaven witch makes him/her very special.
OverLoad

Lellers
12-28-2008, 00:31
Oh, most excellent! And born on my birthday, too!

OverLoad
12-28-2008, 00:37
I should have read all the post before I written mine. I thought your lost was recent, I truly hope I haven’t renewed your pain. Congratulation with Dylan.

mudcap
12-28-2008, 00:51
Congrats!!!! That is so cool. What a gift,I wish you the best.

berninbush
12-28-2008, 01:32
Suggestion to Little Bear: edit your first post in this thread with a brief update of what's going on now, or start a new thread to celebrate Dylan. :)

We'd love to see some more pictures. :D

Lemni Skate
05-08-2009, 08:42
I just came across this thread. I know this was 18 months ago, but while the world forgets, I'm sure you have not. I hope things are going well and the Lord has allowed you to come to a place of peace in this. I said a prayer for you before I typed this. God Bless.

Chaco Taco
05-08-2009, 08:44
I just came across this thread. I know this was 18 months ago, but while the world forgets, I'm sure you have not. I hope things are going well and the Lord has allowed you to come to a place of peace in this. I said a prayer for you before I typed this. God Bless.

He has a beautiful son now and is very happy. Get the honor of having him staying with us here in the very near future. These are some of the greatest people in the world and they have been blessed with a beautiful son. Little Bear and Honeysuckle are awesome. Love you guys!

traildust
05-08-2009, 09:35
So sorry for your loss. The Lord is your shepherd and you shall not want..... though you may walk in this valley our Lord is with you. In time, our Lord will restore your spirit.

traildust
05-08-2009, 09:37
Congrats on your new bear cub.

hawkeye
05-08-2009, 15:17
I read the 1st post and it brought me to tears. Now reading the latest, tears of joy! Good luck!

Chaco Taco
05-08-2009, 15:54
I read the 1st post and it brought me to tears. Now reading the latest, tears of joy! Good luck!

His boy Dylan is beautiful:sun

Summit
05-08-2009, 17:38
Yes, I had the humble opportunity to visit 'little bear' and his wife the day before she delivered Dylan and since then little bear has sent me a gazillion photos of his 'little man.' Keep 'em coming little bear. Rose and I love you and though we've misfired on trying to get on the trail together so far, I'm looking forward to the day when we can. BTW, little bear is in rehab from a work related injury so please keep him in your prayers for a complete recovery!

Lemni Skate
05-08-2009, 21:36
It's so nice to hear good things. I will pray for Little Bear.

OutdoorsMan
05-08-2009, 23:15
Me too. If you ever want a place to stay at while enjoying the Crystal Coast, my door is open for your family. God Bless you! Tom

Reid
05-08-2009, 23:59
The shortest distance between two points is often a straight line. Yet no trail is a straight line, it meanders around mountains and over streams and along a scenic route. So too are out lives.

GrubbyJohn
05-09-2009, 00:02
your in our prayers and god bless the little one...