PDA

View Full Version : Gone hiking

chris
11-13-2003, 10:19
I'm heading out to the Smokys in a few hours for a weekend romp. Up the Sugarland Mountain trail to the AT, up and over Clingmans, and down to Double Springs tomorrow. Then, along the AT and back down via some side trails near Derrick Knob to camp 27. Then out. A shorter trip than usual due to the shorter days and colder nights. If you're in the neighborhood, stop in and say hello. I'll be in Elkmont tonight before starting up tomorrow. Weather looks good for my first clear crossing of Clingmans. This is my fourth attempt to get a view from up there, the first three featuring ten feet of visibility. Trip report and pics when I get back.

smokymtnsteve
11-13-2003, 10:30
Have a great time Chris....don't even dream about staying in the tower on clingmans..cost me $300 one time..hahahaa

Sly
11-13-2003, 10:45
Have a great time Chris....don't even dream about staying in the tower on clingmans..cost me $300 one time..hahahaa

$300? I know a guy that got fined for less when caught with pot! I thought the fine for camping in restricted areas was $50?

smokymtnsteve
11-13-2003, 10:49
check again...on the camping fines,,by the way the fine in the park for less than an OZ is $250...circa 2001..hahahaha

Trailjockey
11-15-2003, 02:35
And I thought it was because of your proximity and love for the Smokies that you came by your trail name.
Now I know where those hazy skies come from. :D

smokymtnsteve
11-15-2003, 09:33
every piece of gear that you take backpacking needs to serve multiple purposes....even your trail name...I follow this philosophy religiously :sun