PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia shelters?

Noggin
11-14-2003, 00:42
Whar the West Virginia shelters? It says Virginia and West Virginia shelters and all i see are Virginia shelters.

Lone Wolf
11-14-2003, 01:30
David Wesser Memorial Shelter is the only one in W. VA., Blackburn Center too but that's not a shelter per se.

Peaks
11-14-2003, 08:52
David Wesser Memorial Shelter is the only one in W. VA., Blackburn Center too but that's not a shelter per se.

I think that the state line runs along the ridge where the AT goes. Both the David Lesser shelter and the Blackburn shelter are east of the ridge line, and thus in Virginia, not West by God Virginia.

Kerosene
11-14-2003, 10:22
Nope, no shelters in West Virginia, but you need a placeholder on a board like this just in case someday they put one up! :banana

Sleepy the Arab
11-15-2003, 00:20
I'm about 80% certain that the old Keys Gap Shelter was in West Virginia, but it was dismantled quite a while ago. I believe that the privy is still standing and you can find it if you look off-trail in the right direction, but I wouldn't recommend opening the door.

Lone Wolf
11-15-2003, 07:53
Yup. Keys Gap WAS in W.Va. We used to take a trail behind the shelter to get beer and sandwiches at the store.