PDA

View Full Version : outfitters at Rainbow Springs Campground

Lilred
11-14-2003, 12:52
This last thursday I talked with the owner and caretaker at Rainbow Springs Campground. They told me that next spring, the owners of the Walasi-Yi outfitters will be opening a satellite store at the campground to help hikers with gear. Just wanted to pass this news on.

smokymtnsteve
11-14-2003, 13:25
Plus they are going to have a rodent proof mail room for packages....

did you see the new Yurt???

Lilred
11-14-2003, 13:29
Plus they are going to have a rodent proof mail room for packages....

did you see the new Yurt???

Yurt?? Ummmm what's a YURT???

smokymtnsteve
11-14-2003, 13:45
Yurt?? Ummmm what's a YURT???

Yurt..a circular domed tent of skins or felt stretched over a collapsible framework and used by the Kirghiz and other mongol nomads of seberia also a structure that resembles a yurt in size and design..

the folks at rainbow springs have a new Yurt...which will be replacing the old "stalog" of bill bryson fame :clap ....I hiked thru there end of sept and the yurt was up and the heat being put in...I think this new yurt..(well it's not made fo skins or felt but it looks like a yurt) will be a lot nicer than the old bunk house...

they also discussed the possiblity of installing a sauna in the old bunkhouse...

and they now accept mail drop packages...Nice folks too....

PGH1NC
11-20-2021, 00:22
Searching for information for Rainbow Lake Campground in Maine. This is noted in the newer AWOL guide at 24.8 miles south bound and 0.2 miles west from the A T and (private). Though listed in AWOL, there is no website for it and any info on White Blaze and other sites seems to be about 20 years old. Any update?

How does that compare to Rainbow spring Campsite?
Thanks for updates.