PDA

View Full Version : looking for Smokies hiking partner or partners

Blue Wolf
10-09-2007, 19:30
Any one in east Tennesee up for weekend trips in or around the Smokies hit me up!!! male or female

Baum Trigger
10-09-2007, 20:44
I'm always game...if I can ever get some free time, that is. I'll keep you posted when I can hit the trails again.

generoll
10-09-2007, 21:35
there's a Smokies hike coming up next week on the BMT from Twenty Mile ranger station to Smokemont. Most of the hikers are going from Saturday to Saturday with perhaps a couple just hiking in and back out. If you just want a weekend hike you could join us this Saturday for a short hike on Saturday afternon hike to a campsite and then a good hike over shuckstack and down to Fontana. Drop Cuffs a line for details.

jimh
10-10-2007, 14:36
Here's another possibility;

http://tinyurl.com/yomw3f

Love ta have ya along...

Blue Wolf
10-11-2007, 20:32
When are you all going? this weekend or next? what are the dates? I have to work during the week so can usually only do overnights on saturday but fill me in on some details of dates I may go for the night on saturday how many miles you all doing in a day?................................and yes Brett holler any time on a weekend & I am there.

Rain Man
10-12-2007, 09:44
Have you joined the Tennessee Trails Association??? The various local chapters have hikes in the Smokies about every weekend, especially this time of year. They have a calendar on their web site, plus they publish a monthly newsletter with hikes listed by chapter. Not to mention, members don't have to wait on others to organize and leads hikes, they can do that themselves.

Rain:sunMan

sansancc
11-28-2007, 19:42
:sun Hello all, I'm looking for people in eastern TN to hike with. I would love to thru-hike the AT, but do not feel like it is a good idea"being female" to go alone. If anyone is interested give me a PM.

;) Cassandra

Roots
11-29-2007, 08:37
:sun Hello all, I'm looking for people in eastern TN to hike with. I would love to thru-hike the AT, but do not feel like it is a good idea"being female" to go alone. If anyone is interested give me a PM.

;) Cassandra

Before deciding not to thru-hike, check out some female journals on trailjournals.com and DEFINITELY go to the female forum here on WB. You'd be surprised what you'll find out. Once you start a thru hike you will meet many people and chances are you'll not be alone. A lot of people meet up and hike the whole hike together:) .

Blue Wolf
11-29-2007, 19:21
send me a PM I go alot on day hikes & some weekend overnighters if not to cold heck I go alone all the time sometimes my girlfriend goes meetup.com has a lil hiking club so to speak as well not sure how organized they are though but they have like 70 members.