PDA

View Full Version : Big strong guys needed...

Miss Janet
10-10-2007, 13:58
My plans to do some of the "heavy" work here at the house didn't work out this week so I find myself in need of a few able bodied people for a couple of hours.

I would like to try to get the bunks cut down and moved into storage this coming Saturday, October 13th. I am winding up The Yard Sale that morning so I am hoping to get a few people together Saturday afternoonish. I will have a trailer to move beds, mattresses and assorted boxes but I can't do it by myself.

So, if you are a local and have a little time I will be so thankful.

Call me if you think you could make it. 423-743-1932

AND THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU TO DRAGON SLAYER FOR HELPING GET THE YARD SALE READY!!!

Jack Tarlin
10-10-2007, 16:33
Can't make it, but I thought I'd get this thread back to the top of the pile.

Hope you have a great turnout, and if you get things squared away with the house by 1 December, we sure hope to see you up here the week after Thanksgiving. I think right around then you could use a vacation! :D

StarLyte
10-10-2007, 17:10
Janet I don't think it's fair that you get to have all those big hunks to yourself.

Could you take pictures for me...ugh...us ??? :eek:

Do you need someone to feed them afterwards ??? :rolleyes:

Miss Janet
10-10-2007, 19:57
Why, sure... I will trade you my pics for your pics from the Gathering!

mountain squid
10-10-2007, 20:09
Saturday, October 13th
See you on Saturday,
mt squid

Miss Janet
10-10-2007, 20:45
The man with the plan says that 12:00 is good for him. And I am not going to argue with Bob Peoples. He might be planning to make me trade time doing trail work... he can be sneaky that way!!

Mt. Squid, thank you! See you guys this weekend.

Anyone else want to join us?

wakapak
10-10-2007, 22:50
If I was in the area, I surely would be there Miss Janet!! Plus, I'm not a strong guy...but I'd still help if I was there!!

Good luck with everything!!

Tennessee Viking
10-10-2007, 23:52
I planning an overnighter this weekend. But I am free most mornings during the week. I can be in Erwin in about 20 minutes being in JC.

mountain squid
10-12-2007, 13:32
He might be planning to make me trade time doing trail work
Every Tuesday...(not too mention the time that he probably spends on his own...)

Anyone else want to join us?
anyone, anyone...

See you tomorrow,
mt squid

Miss Janet
10-15-2007, 21:07
It was great to get started on the bigger projects but a little bitter sweet, too. I am really thankful for Bob Peoples and Mountain Squid for spending Saturday helping out. It was a nice surprise to have Phat Chap, Wonder and Danger Zone on Sunday for equal amounts of box hauling as well as relaxing.

I am hoping to try another morning this week to cut some more bunks down and move them... maybe Wednesday?

minnesotasmith
10-16-2007, 05:55
But, I'm working in my field in the Rockies.

The big question is, when will the premier don't-miss hostel on the AT, Miss Janet's, reopen in its new location? (I haven't caught where that will be, so someone, please tell me where that is?)

Wonder
10-18-2007, 18:19
We gotta paint the old one first........I"ll let you know when I can get down next week Miss J! Careful if you go.....she'll send you home with boxes of stuff :-)

Miss Janet
10-19-2007, 13:13
Hey Wonder, you forgot your box!!

It has been a productive but still sad week. Saturday we were able to finish up the debunking of Miss Janet's house... now everything hostel related is in storage. I now have A HOSTEL IN A BOX! Thank you to Tacoma Tedd and his lovely lady and once again to Mountain Squid. I could not have done it without you guys!

Now that the heaviest stuff is gone I get to start the fun jobs of cleaning, scraping, painting and stuff. We have been having fun so feel free to let me know if you want in on the work sessions!