PDA

View Full Version : Finally some Fall Weather

Tennessee Viking
10-11-2007, 00:12
Just saw the weekend forecast.

Due to a large cold front from Canada moving south, the Tennessee/North Carolina/Georgia/Virgnia areas will finally be receiving some fall weather.

Its going to be very cloudy and windy. Lower elevations and the cities will have highs predicted in the 60s-low 70s, and lows in the 30s. Frost is expected. Higher elevations might reach under freezing for the nights.

Chances of rain are supposed to increase.

shelterbuilder
10-11-2007, 07:04
Just saw the weekend forecast.
Due to a large cold front from Canada moving south, the Tennessee/North Carolina/Georgia/Virgnia areas will finally be receiving some fall weather.
Its going to be very cloudy and windy. Lower elevations and the cities will have highs predicted in the 60s-low 70s, and lows in the 30s. Frost is expected. Higher elevations might reach under freezing for the nights.
Chances of rain are supposed to increase.

Thank God for the rain. We got some 2 nights ago, and again last night - I guess I'll have to try to get out and see what the springs look like now and re-post water conditions.

Midway Sam
10-11-2007, 07:54
Thank God for the rain. We got some 2 nights ago, and again last night - I guess I'll have to try to get out and see what the springs look like now and re-post water conditions.

If your drought is as sever as what we've got going on further south, 2 nights worth of rain is not going to affect the water situation. You may find some new puddles on the trail, but the springs won't be refreshed any.

shelterbuilder
10-11-2007, 08:10
If your drought is as sever as what we've got going on further south, 2 nights worth of rain is not going to affect the water situation. You may find some new puddles on the trail, but the springs won't be refreshed any.

No, I don't think that it was as bad up here as you folks have had - still, I've been maintaining shelters and trails for over 20 years, and this is the first year that I've seen some of these springs go dry.

Waterbuffalo
10-11-2007, 17:03
I was in Dillard GA today at the GA NC state line 2 guys I spoke to had 550 ft well run dry It's bad down here
At least it's cooling off 62 degrees today

MagicCityMatt
10-11-2007, 17:14
Here in birmingham and most of north Alabama we are still in a stage 2 drought. We finally had an inch or so of rain yesterday but that a very small drop in a very deep hole.
On the bright side the cool weather is a plus. i could deel wiht 75 degrees year round if they would let me.

The Solemates
10-11-2007, 17:52
definitely time to hit the trails! this is the best time of the year to hike! ive got three trips planned in the next month and cant wait!

warren doyle
10-11-2007, 17:55
Dropped my wife, Terry, off on Clingman's Dome at dawn today.
Rime ice on the trees.
Beautiful!

Wonder
10-11-2007, 20:35
Damascus was perfect today! I spent most of the day wandering around, and then plopped a short way into the woods with a book......just lovely. Welcome Autumn....the most wonderful time of the year!!!!!!!

PS...SOOOOO jealous about the Clingmans hike :-)

quasarr
10-14-2007, 21:07
I went camping friday and sat night in Linville falls, NC. we slept under the stars the second night, and there was frost all over the ground cloth in the morning. I was real glad I'd brought a hot water bottle to bed with me!!