PDA

View Full Version : Who was that guy hanging around Billville at the Gathering?

camojack
10-11-2007, 01:31
From an email I got from (my "imaginary" :eek: "Irish" friend) Mr. O'Tricks:

If you want to post the info below on whiteblaze with my e-mail it's okay with me. I'm really curious as to who this guy was.

Anyone know the guy in the Billville campground with a big stocky build, short white, not grey, hair. He wore prescription type sunglasses and had a royal blue tee on most of the weekend. He, like me, did not attend many activities but opted to hang out in the campground most of the weekend. He always seemed to be sitting in the same spot near Trail Angel Mary's little kitchen set up. I never saw him say a word to anyone that I can recall, and he never spoke to me. I don't remember ever seeing him at a hiker event before and he certainly did not look like the type to be hanging out in Billville territory. No one else was talking to him or seemed to know him either. He looked like a detective/CIA/FBI type. Someone has got to have a picture of this guy. If anyone knows him or has a picture of him please contact me at [email protected] ([email protected])

Bag'o'Tricks

Lone Wolf
10-11-2007, 06:00
his name is Wahoo and he's a 97 thru-hiker. he looked the same then. tricks shouldn't be so judgemental and paranoid. just cuz the guy ain't skinny with stupid dreads and bummin' s**t off people doesn't make him a narc or whatever. tricks needs to hiking more and attend hiker events less. packsniffer. :cool:

Lone Wolf
10-11-2007, 06:17

Lone Wolf
10-11-2007, 06:40

SGT Rock
10-11-2007, 06:41
Maybe you need to start a Wolfville and put a golf course in it. Then everyone would have to get out of the way when you play through. The fire can be a course hazard.

Lone Wolf
10-11-2007, 06:51
Maybe you need to start a Wolfville and put a golf course in it. Then everyone would have to get out of the way when you play through. The fire can be a course hazard.

nah. i would never try to claim area at the official ALDHA campsite. i just want to sit around a campfire at night and be able to talk with a few friends without being shoooshed.

SGT Rock
10-11-2007, 06:54
It could be like that episode from MASH - it isn't a permanent course - you just play through where ever you are.

jlb2012
10-11-2007, 08:06
yeah - but if they don't improve the privy situation you may have to watch out for "land mines" on the golf course

camojack
10-11-2007, 08:13
his name is Wahoo and he's a 97 thru-hiker. he looked the same then. tricks shouldn't be so judgemental and paranoid. just cuz the guy ain't skinny with stupid dreads and bummin' s**t off people doesn't make him a narc or whatever. tricks needs to hiking more and attend hiker events less. packsniffer. :cool:
I think Tricks was just trying to describe the guy, not judge him. YMMV. :D

I've checked the "Members List" and found a wahoo and a wahootom; if you know, is he one of them? I'm just curious... :-?

the goat
10-11-2007, 09:29
i talked to wahoo for a while, seems like a great guy.

i never thought for a second that he might be a cop/fbi/cia!

btw, what the F would the cia be doing at an aldha event?!?!

dessertrat
10-11-2007, 09:31
Can I ask a stooopid question? If someone was wondering who he was, why didn't that someone go up and introduce themselves and ask?

MOWGLI
10-11-2007, 10:27
btw, what the F would the cia be doing at an aldha event?!?!

Well, with all the folks wearing bandannas on their heads... :rolleyes:

Never mind. :sun

Wonder
10-11-2007, 12:26
Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Just a Hiker
10-11-2007, 12:34
I met Tricks in Glencliff in '05, and from what I witnessed, he likes judging people! Thats all I'll say! He can contact me personally if he wants to know what I think.

Jim

Jack Tarlin
10-11-2007, 12:36
I know Trix and I know Wahoo.

Known 'em for years, in fact.

They're both fine people, and that's about all I have to say about this.

Marta
10-11-2007, 12:40
yeah - but if they don't improve the privy situation you may have to watch out for "land mines" on the golf course

Some of us just tented near the privies. Priorities, and all that.

Not to mention getting there late and just setting up in the most convenient place.

Just a Hiker
10-11-2007, 12:47
I know Trix and I know Wahoo.

Known 'em for years, in fact.

They're both fine people, and that's about all I have to say about this.

The Hostel in Glencliff always has a "Weird Dynamic", so I know my experience with Tricks had alot to do with that......so I am not judging, I just wish he would have treated one particular hiker a bit better.:)

Jim

warren doyle
10-11-2007, 13:17
Don't worry, it wasn't me. I was at the college the entire time (except 2-7am on Sunday).

Jack Tarlin
10-11-2007, 14:28
Um, we kinda KNEW it wasn't you, Warren, but thanx for making it clear.

But you'd have been more than welcome! :D

Appalachian Tater
10-11-2007, 19:06
Don't worry, it wasn't me. I was at the college the entire time (except 2-7am on Sunday).

No, we were discussing you on the other thread! :cool:

Jester2000
10-11-2007, 21:03

Good Lord! You didn't stealth at the campus, did you?

napster
10-11-2007, 21:04
Maybe Eric Rudolph has"nt said anything and da FEDS are still listlin looking! Still tring to figure out how he ate lizards all winter and survied . . Huh :eek: da fed /cia /kgb surly not . yeah I agree with LW ,thinks its da cannibis
N . . .