PDA

View Full Version : A snake got me at htis shelter!

chiefdaddy
10-11-2007, 07:39
ok ok I had been there about 20 min and had rested a little, I then started to climb up the ladder to see what the shelter looked like when a snake was face to face with me once my eyes cleared the top..... I jumped out of my skin and almost cried out like a girl :D then I noticed it was fake :D I lured other hikers to look up there after that and had a ball messing around with that.

Two Speed
10-11-2007, 08:02
If you didn't jump off the ladder and break an ankle or something you did pretty well.

That does take a sick sense of humor to put something like that in a shelter, and I'm deeply envious that I didn't think of it first.

Pennsylvania Rose
10-11-2007, 08:06
Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after reading "Sensitive Subjects"

chiefdaddy
10-11-2007, 08:07
:D I thought someone would like that as much as I :D

Creek Dancer
10-11-2007, 09:04
:D Oh boy, that's a good one!

Freeleo
10-11-2007, 09:15
and the lightbulb is going off in many head now, so beware of the snakes

Blissful
10-11-2007, 09:17
Someone put a fake green snake by the rocks near a den of rattlers in PA. Guess to add color to the show.

Rain Man
10-11-2007, 10:14
... and almost cried out like a girl....

Yes, but why insult girls? Obviously, res ipsa loquitar and ipso facto, you almost cried out like a MAN!
:D
I love your story!

Rain:sunMan

jlb2012
10-11-2007, 10:21
anyone have a source for a mini sound generator that sounds like a rattle snake?

chiefdaddy
10-11-2007, 10:36
http://www.fakecrap.com/products/rattlesnake_eggs.html
hehe I was tricked by this one as a kid by my step dad :D

Creek Dancer
10-11-2007, 11:04
Did you ever play the deer scat trick on a newbie? Before you start out on the trail with the unsuspecting victim…err, I mean newbie, run down the trail a bit and dump a small pile of chocolate covered raisins in the middle of the trail. When you begin your hike, start talking about the wildlife in the area and how you can identify the wildlife by the scat. Make up some story, like how some people actually taste the scat to make a proper identification. About that time, you happen upon the pile of raisinette “deer scat” and take a few nibbles to “demonstrate” the identification technique. “Yup”, you say “that there is definitely deer poop”. :D :D :D

This is particularly funny when played on Boy Scouts. Of course, then you need to follow this up with a LNT lesson!

chiefdaddy
10-21-2007, 14:17
NICE! Gotta bring the Chocolate covered raisins

buckowens
10-21-2007, 14:51
Yes, but why insult girls? Obviously, res ipsa loquitar and ipso facto, you almost cried out like a MAN!
:D
I love your story!

Rain:sunMan

I am certain the sound was similar to my voice when the bear ran out behind me on the trail in August... That story made us all laugh outloud, but I can appreciate the intial reaction. :D

Doctari
10-21-2007, 15:10
YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK!! :eek:

I AM SO PROUD! :D

I think I'll get a few REALLY REALLY BIG spiders for my next hike :p

RockStar
10-23-2007, 21:18
and the lightbulb is going off in many head now, so beware of the snakes

:-? :rolleyes: :p

http://www.fakecrap.com/products/rattlesnake_eggs.html
hehe I was tricked by this one as a kid by my step dad :D
Speaking of trickery,
My old boss bought his fathers "Nut Shop" and made it into a stained glass business. We found a bunch of old trickery up stares. My favorite were the Thistles in a jewelry looking box that said "Porcupine eggs". We ask him about it and he said his father use to sell stuff like that to the "yankees". He said most of them had never seen anything like it, he said it was real, they believed him. :D

BumpJumper
10-30-2007, 12:20
About that time, you happen upon the pile of raisinette “deer scat” and take a few nibbles to “demonstrate” the identification technique.

My wheels are turning.:p