PDA

View Full Version : Water at shelters in Central VA

mrhyker
10-11-2007, 08:36
I'm supposed to lead an outing on the AT 10/20-22 setting up a base camp on Cole (Cold) Mt at the Cow Camp Shelter. Any one been up there lately? Is the stream dry? Also interested in the status of the spring at Seeley-Woodworth shelter.

Creek Dancer
10-11-2007, 08:50
Sweetpeastu and I were up there a few weeks ago. The stream at Cow Camp Shelter was very slow, but running. The water was more plentiful down stream where the Old Hotel Trail crosses over the stream. Not sure about Seeley-Woodworth shelter.

Have a great hike!

I'm supposed to lead an outing on the AT 10/20-22 setting up a base camp on Cole (Cold) Mt at the Cow Camp Shelter. Any one been up there lately? Is the stream dry? Also interested in the status of the spring at Seeley-Woodworth shelter.

mrhyker
10-11-2007, 08:55
I figured we'd at least would have to go down to the Hotel Tr crossing. Hope there will be some nice pools left. Can you give me an approximate date you were there? We just did a trip in Cranberry Backcountry and usually dependable streams were reduced to seeps or totally dry.

Creek Dancer
10-11-2007, 09:21
Hmmm...I think it was September 15. As you know, the area hasn't gotten any significant rainfall since then.

mrhyker
10-11-2007, 09:46
That's what worries me.