PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give props to Osprey

walkinfool
10-11-2007, 13:22
I have an Osprey Crescent 85 pack that I love. There are 2 straps on the bottom of the pack that can also be attached to the water bladder sleeve that came with the pack so that you can wear the water bladder sleeve like a backpack for short hikes. I lost one of the straps, called Osprey to buy another one, and they sent me one free of charge. No proof of purchase, no shipping charges, nothing. Just thought they deserved some public props.

Just a Hiker
10-11-2007, 13:41
Osprey really stands behind their packs. I have the Aether 60, and it's been real good to me.

Jim

gold bond
10-11-2007, 13:54
Got one better.
I as well have the Cresant 85. On a hike on the AT I some how bent one of the stays. I took it back to the outfitter that I bought it from and they said they would order me one. When the new stay came in it still wouldn't go in right.So Osprey said send them the pack back and they would look at it. One problem though...I was leaving for New Mexico for a two week trek in less that two weeks! When the outfitter told Osprey of that they said, "give him a new one from your stock and send the old one back and we will credit you a pack" Left for my trek as scheduled with no more problems!

Yukon
10-11-2007, 13:59
Sounds like a good company to deal with!

YeOldeBackpacker
10-11-2007, 19:27
One of the very best

Jack Tarlin
10-11-2007, 19:31
I did 7 thrus between 1997 and 2003 in Ospreys, and have added several thousand Osprey miles since.

I've said for years they are among the finest backpacks out there, and their customer service is superb.

Glad to see someone evidently agrees with me.

see www.ospreypacks.com for more info

walkinfool
10-12-2007, 13:29
The Osprey pack I have is the only pack I've found at REI (over 2 years of buying/returning/trying packs) that's ever been comfortable enough for me. I had an Arc Teryx (sp?) for a while and even though it was the best I could find at the time, it was super uncomfortable. The Crescent 85 is a bit on the heavy side, but the comfort level and weight distribution more than make up for it. I hiked 100 miles in Ireland with it and loved every minute of it. And now that I know their customer service is so good, I'm even happier. I wish more companies were like that...too much Wal-Mart-ization, I think ;)

Furlough
10-12-2007, 15:33
Osprey really stands behind their packs. I have the Aether 60, and it's been real good to me.

Jim

Jim,
Does the 60 have an adjustable Torso system?

Furlough

Cuffs
10-12-2007, 15:34
I had a welded seam split on my Atmos 50 after only 150 miles on it... Called, send send it back, was not repairable, so they sent me a brand spankin' new one! (and the newer model year at that!)