PDA

View Full Version : 1996 thru-hikers

meglovesangels
10-11-2007, 14:40
this is honkytonk. I traveled the appalachian trail in 1996. Does anyone know of any photos of myself that were taken during this time, Or did any of you hike during this time.... would love to chat about our experience?

Hungry
10-11-2007, 17:09
Did you know Mucho Gusto?

Jack Tarlin
10-11-2007, 19:14
Get in touch with ALDHA at www.aldha.org Their membership book is done on a year-by-year basis as well as by an alphabetical listing of real names and Trail names. I'm sure they have plenty of 96ers on their roster who can help you out.

meglovesangels
10-14-2007, 17:15
Did you know Mucho Gusto?
q-tip, scout....I have hiked with You!

doppler
10-15-2007, 12:33
Started Springer on Easter Sunday of that year, made it to Damascus for Trail Daze before running out of money. Also got too close for comfort to one of the escaped convicts that the law was concerned about at the festival. Hiked with Snowman, Dragonfly, Ringer & Monkeyboy, Conrad the Catapillar; was always a few days behind the Kitchen Sink Crew. Got back on the trail in Summer at Harpers Ferry and hiked a few more weeks with Riders on the Storm, Skylark, Home Brew, Quiet Man, Dead Man Walking....too many to remember. 1996 was the good year! for me at least.
Doppler

skyvvalker
02-20-2008, 16:01
I Thru-hiked the trail in 1996. My trail name was "Skywalker" and I recognize a lot of the trailnames mentioned in this thread. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected] to discuss our experiences.

Thanks,
Kevin Green