Ramen Noodle Cookies

4 packs of Ramen Noodle Soup, discard seasoning packets

1 16-ounce bag of dark
chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
14 drops peppermint extract
2 drops spearmint extract
2 drops wintergreen extract
24 wooden lollipop or popsicle sticks (optional)
1. Crush uncooked Ramen Noodles in a bowl to about the consistency of Rice Krispies. Don't crush too much or the cookies will not set. Set crush noodles aside.
2. Place wax paper on a flat surface.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave until they become smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes). Add butter and stir.
4. Slowly add mint extracts to the chocolate and stir for one minute.
5. Quickly pour over the crushed Ramen Noodles and stir vigorously until noodles are covered completely with chocolate.
6. Using a tablespoon, drop mixture onto waxed paper so it forms round cookie shapes. Mixture will flatten and spread considerably, so leave lots of space in between cookies.
7. Place a stick into each cookie before it hardens.
8. Let cookies cool for about an hour in refrigerator or quick-cool them in the freezer.
9. Peel cookies from waxed paper and enjoy. 10. Makes approximately 24 cookies.

http://www.newstimes.com/entertainment/ci_7135662

sheeptoast
10-13-2007, 17:21
I love Ramen just as much as the next hiker/college student but this just sounds unsettling at best.

Appalachian Tater
10-13-2007, 19:17
Hey, it's not really a cookie, it's a mixture of chocolate and ramen, like pecan turtles, but not. I like my chocolate as unadulterated as possible!

Jack Tarlin
10-13-2007, 19:20
Wow. I usedta think that there was nothing worse than the prospect of eating Ramen Noodles all by themselves.

It appears I was mistaken. :D

Tin Man
10-13-2007, 22:54
Everytime my brother and I shop for groceries for a section hike, I try to slip a package of ramen into the cart and he pulls it right out!

I am happy to hear that ramen isn't the favored meal I read it was on the AT, at least amongst some WB'ers. ;)

Blissful
10-13-2007, 23:30
This actually looks interesting.

I ate uncooked Ramen a lot on the trail as a snack. But I did that too at home.

Beats the one hiker we met who took uncooked ramen, spread peanut butter on it, then sprinkled the seasoning packet on top. Ouch :o

EWS
10-14-2007, 00:07
I just puked a little, in my mouth.

wrongway_08
10-14-2007, 10:02

... X2 ...

Wanderingson
10-14-2007, 11:22

Try a little ramen puree--that ought to get the taste out.

Nest
10-14-2007, 11:50
Beats the one hiker we met who took uncooked ramen, spread peanut butter on it, then sprinkled the seasoning packet on top. Ouch :o

That's actually pretty good. Gotta get the salt in the flavor packets anyways. I usually eat the ramen dry as a snack like you do. Then I save the flavor packets to make a broth to drink at night.

sarbar
10-15-2007, 13:20
I don't know...it actually sounds reasonably good! The gross part of ramen is the "flavor" packet! As a base for recipes ramen isn't that bad. The MSG is all in the nast-o packet (as is most of the sodium).

Titanium Rat
10-16-2007, 23:59
Wow. I usedta think that there was nothing worse than the prospect of eating Ramen Noodles all by themselves.

It appears I was mistaken. :D
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you have that right!!!:D lol

Two Speed
10-17-2007, 00:55
Try a little ramen puree--that ought to get the taste out.Then just a touch of gasoline to get the puree taste out!

Diesel would work pretty good too, now that I think about it. :-?