PDA

View Full Version : Trip suggestion

Phreak
10-13-2007, 14:48
Anyone have suggestions for a 4-5 day trip in GA, SC or NC 'tween October 21-25? I'll be hiking with my two dogs, so reliable water sources are necessary. Can't figure out where I'd like to hike, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Freeleo
10-13-2007, 15:02
i have one suggestion

TAKE A MAP;)

it makes for safer hiking

Roots
10-13-2007, 15:12
Anyone have suggestions for a 4-5 day trip in GA, SC or NC 'tween October 21-25? I'll be hiking with my two dogs, so reliable water sources are necessary. Can't figure out where I'd like to hike, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Try looking into the Art loeb trail in Pisgah National Forest. I ran into a couple of guys the other day saying it was pretty good with water and its about a 4 day trip. It crosses the Blue ridge parkway with some of the most awesome fall views around. The guys said there was only a couple of low water spots along the trail. I'm hoping to try it out this winter-depending on weather.:)

Phreak
10-13-2007, 15:22
Try looking into the Art loeb trail in Pisgah National Forest. I ran into a couple of guys the other day saying it was pretty good with water and its about a 4 day trip. It crosses the Blue ridge parkway with some of the most awesome fall views around. The guys said there was only a couple of low water spots along the trail. I'm hoping to try it out this winter-depending on weather.:)

I'd thought about that trail but was concerned about the water situation. I'll have to put this one on my list of possibilities.

Thanks.

Phreak
10-13-2007, 15:22
i have one suggestion

TAKE A MAP;)

it makes for safer hiking

Maps - schmaps! :p