PDA

View Full Version : sobos

Gaiter
10-15-2007, 21:22
here at the doyle during my sobo section, should be getting through pa, took some days off for the gathering, couldnt' remember if there is a thread for sobo sightings, and don't really feel like searching for one, its late for me, i want sleep.

so anyways, here tonight w/ betsy a sobo thru, and matt & tim who are out on a wk long section,

stayed at 501 a few nights ago w/ firework and burt, they should be a day or so ahead, there is also a group of 11-12 sobos hiking together, but didn't get to meet them since they went through port clinton while i was at the gathering, so watch out as they head south

speaking of the gathering, i should add that i really had a great time, and enjoyed seeing soo many faces, only went to one session (somehow, not quite sure how that happened???) but had a really great time and enjoyed my 4 zero's

Gaiter
10-15-2007, 21:28
also i saw baggins the other day, it was raining just north of 501, so i wasn't stopping for much, saw what first looked like two packs but then realized that one was a person crouched under a tarp, made sure they were okay and headed on, then later realized that it could have been her, which was later confirmed that it was her

Gaiter
10-16-2007, 20:27
wow feels kinda lonely, only one writing in this thread

just found out i'll be hiking through end of nov, thanks to the parential units!

Blissful
10-16-2007, 21:37
Great news. Keep on hiking and enjoy it!!

Jester2000
10-16-2007, 21:45
SOBO ahead of you are Adam and Ladypants Von Moose Deuce in front, with about 12 more in between them and you. Two Step is, I believe, back on trail, though dealing with an injury. Hope Betsy's doing well.

The crowd ahead of you were all pretty cool.

Gaiter
10-17-2007, 08:44
Two Step is here at trail angel mary's hiking out today. anyone know of sobos behind me, i heard there are still a few but not many.

hammock engineer
10-17-2007, 18:00
Coffee staying at the Doyle tonight with Torque. Probibly not going anywhere tomorrow.

Gaiter
10-26-2007, 17:12
Coffee and Torque have passed me, first saw them in boling springs while waiting for a doc's appointment for my wolf spider bite, trail angel mary was slackpacking them, then they arrived at the ironmasters hostel a couple days later, i took a wonderful zero there,
spider bite is looking a lot better, on anti-biotics (yuck), i'm at the free state hostel now, will be in hf in a couple of days, just glad to be done w/ pa!!!

ps if you're hiking through this area, this is a great hostel, really nice and clean

rafe
10-26-2007, 17:18
i'm at the free state hostel now, will be in hf in a couple of days, just glad to be done w/ pa!!!

Say hello and thank you to Ken and Janelle for me. Isn't that a beautiful hostel??

Gaiter
10-27-2007, 10:23
also, kinda been thinking, i know a dangerous thing, but if any happens to be going from the harpers ferry or northern va area down to damascus, i'm hiking till the end of nov, but i don't really care to go over some parts of va that i did last year (most of it), so i'm half way thinking if anyone happens to be goign in that direction and can give me a lift, i'd love to go back to some of my fav areas from my summer 06 section, send an e-mail to [email protected], there will be an auto-reply w/ my cell.

Ron Haven
10-27-2007, 21:05
One with the trail name Kenni came into Franklin Tuesday.He said 5 were about 4 days ahead of him and a group of 15 or so were about a week behind him.

nitewalker
10-27-2007, 21:35
i just went by harpers ferry earlier today. my original plan was to head down to damascus but i scratched that because it is too far a drive..now i plan to hike in the shenandoahs for 4 days then head back to connecticut. sorry i couldnt help you out.....peace out, nitewalker

pitdog
10-27-2007, 21:39
It sounds like your having a good time.Remember the water can be scarce in those parts.

nitewalker
10-27-2007, 21:54
It sounds like your having a good time.Remember the water can be scarce in those parts.
no worry there are alot of snack shops along skyline drive. im sure my hunger and thirst will be strong...and there is supposed to be lots of:sun this week:D

rainmaker
10-27-2007, 22:31
Weca and Kea along with Wunhunglo(sp?) were in Port Clinton on Oct. 19 and 20. Also ran into a single male hiker at the Outerbridge Shelter on the 22nd. We didn't catch his name. He said there were several still behind him.

Roots
10-27-2007, 23:33
We ran in to Ranger, who had been with Dr. Jeckyl, at NOC today. Both are from GA and can't wait to get there. They are doing well!:)

Gaiter
10-31-2007, 19:28
at bear's den tonight, taking a zero tomorrow, sobo brian is just ahead of me, and a finished nobo, 'caveman of ohio' is visiting the area

Gaiter
11-05-2007, 14:13
in front royal now, found out that there was some different interpretations of exactly when end of nov was btn me and my mother, she thought it was thanksgiving, silly me thought it ment the end of the month, so now i've been guilt tripped into getting off next weekend so she won't miss any thanksgiving events, but i can't complain at all, she has allowed for me to stay alot longer than i can afford too

canvas pack and smiles past me as well while i was at bear's den, but haven't seen any other thru or long-section hikers since then.

TJ aka Teej
11-05-2007, 15:20
found out that there was some different interpretations of exactly when end of nov was btn me and my mother, she thought it was thanksgiving, silly me thought it ment the end of the month, so now i've been guilt tripped into getting off next weekend so she won't miss any thanksgiving events, but i can't complain at all, she has allowed for me to stay alot longer than i can afford to
Ask her to delay Thanksgiving until you get home!
Keep on having a great time, TRH!

Gaiter
11-09-2007, 16:21
i'm done, i've decided i don't like the cold, well at least i don't like it when its in the low 20's everynight and my bag is rated for 15*, espeically in the past few days i really felt it, but i knew i wasn't getting enough calories in becasue i wasn't taking snack breaks like i should w/ the cold, my body has been losing motivation fast, kinda like heat escaping during that midnight privy trip on a cold night. woke up to find snow startign to cover the ground @ rock springs hut, apparently skyland got 2"

haven't seen any more sobos, well long section/thru's sobos

in waynesboro now, parents picking me up tomorrow. another great long section finished, had such a great time, now i must join the real-world =( . i'll get some pics up asap.

Lone Wolf
11-09-2007, 16:24
when's the last you saw roy? any idea where he's at?

warraghiyagey
11-09-2007, 16:24
Nice work girl. Another slice of your life to savor as you move forward. Peace.:) :) :)

Gaiter
11-09-2007, 16:29
last saw roy the tues after the gathering, seen some register entries from him, one was that he was getting off the trail, but i've seen a few entries since that one that sound like he is still heading south, no mention of leaving. dont' remember dates and places where i saw the entries though, sorry.