PDA

View Full Version : heal

mweinstone
10-16-2007, 14:56
healing alone

the power of hiking alone and the healing it promotes is a powerfull draw for the hiker questing for sanity and respit from the onslaughts of modern lifes stresses . we walk alone without tv or radio or mp3 if were smart. and we go over the loose ends of our emotions tieing knots and mending and darning worn soulpatches. we emerge afreash , anew and agast at what lies beyond the boundrys of the trails and wood. drama on an unbeliveable scale with unimaginable effects and concequences to ours and the lives of those we love. a call to a childs mother from a seperated father turnes from parental loveing concern, to ungodly insulting childisness and scorn. an overdue tax payment can actually phisically change our tone to a curt abrupt nastyness. spilled soymilk on the kitchen floor twice in 12 hours and were ready to cry like babys in africa. and all due to the simple lack of time and space. turning to unlock my bike at wholefoods i bump and pardon. hearing a bird i glance rearward ,slowing just a halfstep, yet tripping the couple behind who were walking on my heels. and the barely audable larenex free mouth words we produce at the bumping of shopping carts,”scuoozzzmee”. we dont talk , we text. we share not, but tear at each other. shareing and careing replaced by snareing and blairing.
“quiet steps across 14 eastern seaboard states”. thats what it should read on the side of a pill bottle,....not,”ask your doctor about the purple pill...”
we need healing so bad were dieing. wont you come to the trail now? will you not forgo the law? we need to revolt and go to trail. the sociaty has failed. leave now while you can. avoid the rush to die in the citys. whos in? in the vein of the words of a sadly missguided teen in the news,.....who will join my army? we leave tonight! or maby soon thereafter. i have allways maintained and will till i die, that we should all be very ashamed of ourselves for doing all this destruction to our souls and we should have long ago weened ourselves from civilization for the pourpose of releasing ourselves back into the wilds. whatever may be left of either.wasnt one of those knives that kid had,..a klingon knife? woder if he had a batlath too? hmmmm,...what batlath should i bring hiking sounds like a new best thread! gotta go!

rafe
10-16-2007, 14:59
Who's going to stay behind and make the Liptons? :-?

EWS
10-17-2007, 01:40
An unique persepective. Thanks.

Appalachian Tater
10-17-2007, 01:55
Gotta agree with you on this one except are you sure you didn't mean blue instead of purple?

Dancer
10-17-2007, 07:51
Matty you are a beautiful soul. Your words never fail to provoke emotion in me. From the poetic and profound to the whimsical and barely punctuated, I love to read your thoughts.

hopefulhiker
10-17-2007, 08:06
my doctor told me to hike the trail..... It was in a sense prescribed.. It is indeed a healthy thing to do..... Great post!