PDA

View Full Version : Camping at Hightower Gap GA?

earlyriser26
10-17-2007, 14:23
I'm looking for options for camping spots. We will pack in water so it can be a dry camp. Are there good camping spots in Hightower Gap for 3 tents?

Dances with Mice
10-17-2007, 14:45
I'm looking for options for camping spots. We will pack in water so it can be a dry camp. Are there good camping spots in Hightower Gap for 3 tents?I remember a couple of tent clearings beside the Trail immediately north of Hightower. Don't remember how many, but at least two.

deadhorsejoe
10-17-2007, 16:16
I'm looking for options for camping spots. We will pack in water so it can be a dry camp. Are there good camping spots in Hightower Gap for 3 tents?

Earlyriser,

My son and I found a spot on the left hand side of the trail on the ridge immediately before starting down into Hightower Gap (coming south from Neels) this past weekend. It was a two tent site overlooking the gap. Not the best site but it was ok. Across the trail from this site were a couple of other sites. I believe there was a bigger site on the right hand side of the trail about a mile back north toward Horse Gap area but I am not sure about that. The stretch from Justus Creek to Hightower Gap was tough on this old man.

Grayjoe

deadhorsejoe
10-17-2007, 16:18
Oh, and by the way. During the night we thought we were underattack from the US Army. There was a lot of gunfire up north a little ways from the campsite.