PDA

View Full Version : Fall Colors in Smokies

brotheral
10-17-2007, 19:46
Wondering when the Fall Colors / Leaves are projected to peak in the Smokies ??!!
Happy Trails..........BrotherAL:sun

otterman
10-17-2007, 19:50
Depends on the elevation. That's the nice thing about the mountains. The color change starts earlier in the upper elevations and works its way down the mountains.

Blue Wolf
10-17-2007, 20:00
I was there this past weekend it's awsome up there alredy however not haveing much rain this year colors aren't as bright as they have been when you have a wet year but still very pretty up there.

Tin Man
10-17-2007, 20:09
Check this site out for up-to-date foliage reports, as well as reports from previous years...

http://www.foliagenetwork.com/default.php

brotheral
10-17-2007, 21:21
Thanks Tin Man. I'm hoping to camp at Elkmont at the end of October. Might work out quite well...

WalkinHome
10-18-2007, 09:33
Was on Mt. Mitchell and Craig Mtn yesterday with my wife Janice and looking down into the valley the colors are very much out there. The higher areas still have a bit to go yet but not much. We have just had a great visit with Diamond Doug and his wife Diane.

Ewker
10-18-2007, 11:39
Thanks Tin Man. I'm hoping to camp at Elkmont at the end of October. Might work out quite well...

I will be in Elkmont this weekend. I am planning on driving the Balsam Mountain Rd Saturday in hopes of seeing some colors.