PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a partner for a short hike

itamarro
10-18-2007, 13:22
Hi everyone,
My name is Itamar, 18 yrs old and from Israel</ST1:p, and I will be visiting the states soon. I'm traveling alone, and I would love to be able to hike a bit in the AT... I'm basically in the NY area in the 23-28 (of Oct) and in the 2-7 of Nov.<O:p</O:p
So I'm looking for a partner or a group for hiking the AT near New-York, preferably between the 2nd and 7th of November. <O:p</O:p
I'm a pretty experienced hiker, but a bit not regular to cold terrain, yet I believe I can deal with it.<O:p</O:p
On the other hand, is it possible just to begin and meet people on the way?
<O:p</O:p
If anyone is interested, or has any information that can be useful, please contact me via email- [email protected] ([email protected]).
<O:p</O:p
Until then, Best Regards,
Itamar<O:p</O:p

Appalachian Tater
10-18-2007, 19:47
Try calling the NYNJ Trail Conference. http://www.nynjtc.org/contact.html
It shouldn't be too cold then, don't worry too much, just check the weather report and make sure you have a way to be warm and dry. Certainly no snow or anything.

itamarro
10-19-2007, 13:58
Thanks for the advice,
I spoke with them, and they said they don't know about any guided hikes or such. the woman i spoke with to gave me some very good information aswell, and it seems my sister will be joining me, so ill probobly just hike with her...

see you on the trail, i guess :)

rafe
10-19-2007, 15:49
You will almost certainly see other people on the trail if it's a weekend. If it's a weekday, even that close to NY City, it's possible you will not see other hikers. On the day I walked past Greenwood Lake (it was a weekday, in September) I saw no other hikers.