PDA

View Full Version : Jmt

Trail Trooper
10-18-2007, 20:34
:cool: ANY ONE LOOKING TO HIKE THE JMT THIS SUMMER:sun

Uncle Silly
10-18-2007, 21:00
seems like a large contingent of former AT folk are planning PCT hikes in '08. i personally know of a bunch of folks from the AT '05 class heading out there. i'm thinking about joining them for the JMT portion, doubt i'll be able to do the whole PCT next season.

Marta
10-18-2007, 21:49
When I was on the JMT this past summer, there were plenty of other folks out there hiking. I think you can easily meet other hikers to hike with and camp with in July or August.

One piece of advice: If you start out with someone you don't really know, as in someone you "meet" over the internet, make sure you each get separate paper permits. That way, if you split up, you'll be legal to hike on your own. Even if you make a reservation for two or more people, when you actually get the paper permits at the ranger station, you can get a separate permit for yourself.

Phreak
10-18-2007, 22:00
I'll be on the JMT in late August.

taildragger
10-19-2007, 08:52
I should be hitting the Sierra's in late June on the PCT

MOWGLI
10-19-2007, 09:27
My daughter graduates high school in May and we're talking about a several week long hike during the summer. The Long Trail, the AT in Maine, the Colorado Trail, and the JMT are all on my list. We'll see what the budget looks like, what the wife says, and what my daughter feels like doing. Maybe I'll see some of you out on the JMT! It is a completely awesome trail, in every sense.

wilconow
11-01-2007, 21:13
I will most likely be doing the JMT in August/early Sept. Am looking for a partner as it's difficult to find someone to take 3 weeks off to do it

Sly
11-01-2007, 21:16
September is a good month. Less people.

Pacific Tortuga
11-01-2007, 21:23
And for what it's worth, I'll be getting a camp site for next years ADZPCTKO in April. If anyone wants to stay, cool, I will also run some shuttles for hiker's and ? , if you need a ride, let me know.