PDA

View Full Version : Water situation in GA - thanks!

Mud Butt
10-20-2007, 23:02
I am taking (hopefully) a group of women on a section hike in a couple of weeks on the AT in Georgia. I have been checking WhiteBlaze periodically for news of the water situation.
I just have to say how grateful I am for those of you that have gone to the trouble to actually post detailed water reports! In the midst of all of the
"the water situation is bad...", posts and the "just call someone and ask them..." replies, your emails have been more helpful than you can know!!
If we are lucky enough to get to do this hike, I will be sure to repay the favor by posting any water that we find! :)
In the meantime, eveyone enjoy your hiking this weekend!! :) :) :)
Anna aka Mud Butt
PS- Is the spring at Woods Hole running? That is all I need!! Just one little trickle!!!!! Please rain!! Ohplease,ohplease,ohplease....... :)

Survivor Dave
10-20-2007, 23:13
Sorry Mud Butt,

It's dry as a grandaddys scalp. Check with Winton up at Mtn. Xings though. Talked to a friend that went up and over Blood to Woods Hole yesterday and there was nothing on the .4 miles to the shelter. I know the trickle your talking about. I know we were teased with a little rain in N. Georgia, but nothing, nada.

Maybe Jarrard Gap about a mile and a quarter South and off the Trail about a quarter mile? I know, it suuucks!

SD

Waterbuffalo
10-21-2007, 11:07
As of yetserday Tray Mtn was a trickle

whitefoot_hp
10-21-2007, 14:04
i went out on a section from Neels to Unicoi three weeks ago:

No water between neels and tesnatee.

good water at low gap.

good water at a two spots 2-3 mi. north of low gap.

there is always water at Jarrad gap, if you walk the one mile easy breezy trail to lake winfield scott. you could also always get water at dockery lake, but that is three miles off of the trail just a few miles north of woody gap.

River Runner
10-22-2007, 03:01
As of yetserday Tray Mtn was a trickle

Thanks for the post. Enough of a trickle to get a quart or two of water in a reasonable time?

I am section hiking Unicoi Gap to Winding Stair Gap (hopefully) starting this weekend. Anyone else have information from the last week or so on availability of water in the rest of that section?